Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever been to a wedding?

Lucky Bolt

So, there's been a lot of talk about weddings lately. :huh: Now I'm curious how many of you have been to a wedding, and/or had a wedding of your own?

I've only been to one wedding, my cousin's about 7 years ago. 

So what about y'all? 

• Brohoof 3

I remember that one from my aunt and uncle's wedding. I also remember going to my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary if that counts. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

The only wedding I really remember well was my cousin's wedding nearly two years ago. I went to a couple others when I was younger but I don't remember them much.

@Lucky Bolt I'm still waiting for my invitation to your and Cyclone's wedding :nom: 

Soon, soon. I'd say roughly about 3 to 5 more years. :P

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

The only wedding I really remember well was my cousin's wedding nearly two years ago. I went to a couple others when I was younger but I don't remember them much.

@Lucky Bolt I'm still waiting for my invitation to your and Cyclone's wedding :nom: 

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, yeeeeaaaah. Give it time.

• Brohoof 1

I've been to five weddings in my entire life and I didn't enjoy any of them on account that they just aren't to my liking. I only stay for the reception--out of respect for family--and nothing more as the food that gets served is almost always something I won't like.

I think I've been to five in my lifetime. Last time was a couple years ago where I went to my sister's wedding. It was nice since we didn't have to travel at all, the wedding was in a city near me. I've had fun at weddings with dancing and even catching up with family and friends.

Just one. And it was a public one at a convention. A Full Metal Alchemist themed wedding. We even had Mr. Roy Mustang himself, Travis Wilingham, stop by for a quick visit.  

Glad I stopped by for all the chicanery. Best wedding I've been to yet. 

I’ve been to a wedding,I was 8 and my aunt was getting married,and I was the flower girl. I got a lot of attention even though I was pretty shy. I still have the dress in my closet.

I've been to at least four weddings. I don't really like weddings that much, but I had to go anyway. :derp: Though the latest one was an outdoor wedding which was actually pretty nice. :)

• Brohoof 2

Been to a few, one of the most important in my family at least was when my Uncle got married several years ago. I was at a wedding earlier this year actually, a family friend was getting married so we went to his wedding, it was kinda funny cuz I saw a few of my classmates there as well, and even my old cooking teacher :wacko: It turns out they were good friends with the bride, it goes to show you'll see your classmates and teachers in the oddest of places sometimes ^_^

I've been to several weddings in my lifetime so far. This is what happens when you have two brothers and seven sisters that are 10-21 years older than you. I'm the very late child lol

The only wedding I've ever been to was my younger brother's, which was a very small affair with only around a dozen or so people total from the bride and groom's respective families. 

I've been to some and...to be quite frank; I don't like them. When I was a kid, I went to a few I didn't have a hand in. They were all right, but boring. Didn't like going to them.

Then there were the two most recent weddings I played some part in. One was the renewing of vows between my parents, and the other was the marriage of a niece of mine to her still-current husband. Between the stress, break-down, money spent, over-planning, and other things, I had been officially turned off of weddings. If anything; they leave a certain type of revulsion in me. The marriage is fine; the wedding...no thanks.

Admittedly; who knows. If I ever meet my special someone that could change, but really, you'd save a lot of time, stress, and money if you'd just get it official at the courthouse.

Maybe I'm just a salty deer when it comes to weddings. :dry::unamused::yeahno::okiedokieloki:

I mean if a friend invited me I'd go most likely; they just...yeah.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah. I went to my older cousin's wedding a while back and to my little cousin's in more recent years.

I agree with the sentiment about expenses. Getting married doesn't mean you should have to pay $20,000. It's ridiculous.

(edited)

I've been to a few when I was really little. I don't remember much but I'm pretty sure I didn't like them. So boring... 

Which reminds me, I'm attending my cousin's wedding in September. :okiedokieloki: I'm just as salty as @PathfinderCS.

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 3