Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gem Hunt Part 2

Jeric

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

They never did! Suri was a jerk who took advantage of Rarity and never appeared in another episode again. Coco was the nicer one who appeared several episodes more.

Why Sweet Apple Jam? A set-up? Also, I'm not convinced this is really a Flim & Flam plot. I think they were hired.

6 hours ago, TBD said:

SInce the brothers already checked out there's no need to say anything else but to look around the room they were in. I assumed while searching the room you found two more evidences. And now waiting on part 4... 

Yeah, I kind of got lost because it didn't follow the format of the previous thread, where players had to interact and then get the response. The Inn thread's narrative was just SO short and it would've been nice to see what happened when she got into the room.

Also I just sort of figured, one clue, per thread. (thread... HA!)

• Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Why Sweet Apple Jam? A set-up?

Actually, that’s quite possible. When we get more clue, we might discover that this is a case similar to Wind Rider’s attempt to frame Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 2

What if these are impostors who only stole the zap jam to simulate what F&F would do, or at least what the impostors think F&F would do? Since other dress-related items were stolen and we found the spool in their hotel room we can assume that the two did it, especially since we've also found their Manehattan tickets. The question is: What are they?

Also: mother's beehive? Who says that?

• Brohoof 2

I think that's like southern slang...it's a bit vague. But I'm gonna keep it as my sided mental note.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, BloodDrops said:

Whats the update?

Been working :P

It not safe here to speak of this, but more updates on Rarity's Investigation 4.

• Brohoof 1

I already have somepony in my mind but I need more clues to confirm it. Since what we have so far proves nothing to be honest.  No need to make a haste  just gonna wait for more clues to come in. 

Which btw when is the deadline to PM @Rarity for your guesses?

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Sounds like changeling slang...

Indeed. But why would rogue changelings want to steal gems? I kinda understand why they would want to steal clothing, but then why would they go to the fashion central of Equestria afterwards? Of course, these materials are for a princess, but that would actually put a mark on fake Twilight. So they're either idiots or someone's using them for an unknown purpose. If the latter is true, then Rarity could quite possibly encounter fake Suri in the next part of our investigation. And if that turns out to be true, then we're dealing with an OOC villain that's above canon characters' pay grade :P

That said, if they are real despite all the silly name changes and aren't just deflecting like champs, then being stood up by fake Rarity does give them incentive to visit Manehattan.

Keep in mind that we still do not have a suspect who would likely know about the diamond. Heck, it's a bit farfetched to assume that many ponies know about the animosity between F&F and Mane 6, even with the published Journal.

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Maybe, somepony has a new mane style.

Tanya_2f8b21_6321439.jpg.c05b7a7beeef6bd1aebdfc856212eb85.jpg

I already know that the Tree is behind everything that happens in Equestria, but this mystery has its roots in canon. It's one of its little games. We must abide. For now.

• Brohoof 2

On 9/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, Jeric said:

Once all the clues have been unlocked everyone will have 24 hours to deduce what happened. 

Rarity is quite busy between running 3 boutiques right before the Gala and this investigation so she can't really answer everyone personally, but there was an announcement that said that you'll have 24 hours after all the clues are revealed to pm her with your suspect. so don't worry, you'll have plenty of time

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

Indeed. But why would rogue changelings want to steal gems? I kinda understand why they would want to steal clothing, but then why would they go to the fashion central of Equestria afterwards? Of course, these materials are for a princess, but that would actually put a mark on fake Twilight. So they're either idiots or someone's using them for an unknown purpose. If the latter is true, then Rarity could quite possibly encounter fake Suri in the next part of our investigation. And if that turns out to be true, then we're dealing with an OOC villain that's above canon characters' pay grade :P

Somepony else already suggested Sombra might be after it. The name of the gem implies something rare, and possible imbued with magical properties, so who knows what ELSE it might be useful for beyond a pretty trinket.

And it may not be a rogue changeling. I have trouble believing every single Changeling is "turned." She's an insectoidal queen after all, so I imagine a very angry scowling changeling sitting on a pile of eggs for however long is necessary, rebuilding her forces. Or perhaps thinking up a way to supplement that process, that she would only need a few minions to pull off.

Aaaaand.... a bit more OOC: did anypony actually GET a Radiant Hope Diamond? I've kind of been wondering how many gem trophies there were, and if there was a Radiant Hope in there, if only one user got it, or if it's still possible to collect gems using the pickaxe, including possibly that one?

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 3