Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The State of the Union (MLPF Edition)

Jeric

2s2cub.jpg

Well, my nickname is Dadmin ;)

2018 was a rather interesting and somewhat experimental year for MLPF. We decided to leverage additional staff, new tools, and a smaller community to make some minor and major changes to this place. We introduced Events and an entire team to manage them. We took the World Cup to a much larger and longer year long event, we launched a pilot program for fanfiction readings, regular art contests, set up a few community voice chats, pushed the reaction system to something that keeps it fresh and fun, streamlined some rules, and brought back the annual charity event known as Making Christmas Merrier. Many old staffers returned to the forum and jumped back on staff. Names like Artemis, Chaotic Discord, Passion, Ody, and even myself came on-board again along with a few new faces . Basically, 2018 has been a busy year with a LOT of new things. 

I said experimental earlier in this post for a reason. We learned a lot during these little pilots, and some of them will be tweaked as we move through 2019. I wanted to give the community a peek at what to expect in 2019. First things first, we have to wrap up the MCM and conclude the World Cup. Expect the World Cup to resume in a week. After that the full launch of Golden Oaks Library will hit with a new initiative that will include pre-recorded stories, comic book readings, and user submitted readings.

The long awaited Roleplay rework will start rolling out, simplifying things, and making it more approachable for new users, while adding some cool features for those that want a more in-depth experience. The badge system will be fully opened in a new way, having special badges for exploring the site and interacting with each other in new ways. Fanfic contests, banner submissions, and ranks will also be redone. You can also expect that we will have some BronyCon related fun coming your way for those than can't attend, and some nifty community related projects that I'm conjuring in my head at the moment. What we begun in 2018 was an effort to try and add the community feel back in this forum. We will continue that approach to managing this, our little home away from him. 

Administration is also going to be looking at reviewing SOME old bans and try to initiate a dialog with these old users and see if they are interested in rejoining the community. People change, and we should recognize that. We have changed over the years too, and who knows ... maybe we will get to welcome back a few familiar faces. 

Here's to a productive and exciting 2019 of Pony! 

• Brohoof 25

• The topic was featured

I was seriously impressed with the amount of interactivity and events in 2018. Now did these said experiments work? Of course they did. The community has definitely come closer together and hopefully 2019 will be able to top it.

I was pretty enthusiastic about the World Cup and I'm glad it will be resuming soon.

• Brohoof 2

March of last year is when I joined here. There were a lot of good times and some bad times. I will miss waking up each morning and chatting with great ponies in the Lounge for hours over coffee and muffins. I look forward to seeing what you guys have planned for this year. 

3B1E799C-56DF-412A-B745-D8E7F44CEAC8.thumb.jpeg.6e2459054498117b10af37b9f83a926c.jpeg

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 5

Unban bans? Maybe I can return to CTAM after over 3 years...god, I would need to read alot since then:muffins:

Otherwise all sounds promising, I'm glad the site keeps going and improving and not just let it die^^ Gosh, just noticed next month I'm 5 years in here already:wub:

• Brohoof 3

Perhaps now I can implement that idea of mine which has been on the backburner for the past five months. Not all at once mind you but slowly until it's ready to use.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Unban bans? Maybe I can return to CTAM after over 3 years...god, I would need to read alot since then:muffins:

I hope! I still don't fully understand why were you banned. But hope it can be lifted.

I look foward to 2019's MLPF!!! So many exciting things have already happened last year!!!!!! Can't wait! (And hope I would be around to see and expirience them)

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Jeric said:

Names like Artemis, Chaotic Discord, Passion, Ody, and even myself came on-board again along with a few new faces

Who's Ody? Never heard of em. I have heard of an Odyssey, but no Ody.

That is... unless you're talking about that octopus from that crappy animated Titanic sequel :eww:

• Brohoof 4

23 hours ago, Bas said:

Any plannings on youtube uploads or the like?

For comic readings YouTube would have to be the medium of choice. We do have an official YT channel so that is easy. YouTube uploads of audio are obviously possible too. 

• Brohoof 2

On 1/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, Jeric said:

Administration is also going to be looking at reviewing SOME old bans and try to initiate a dialog with these old users and see if they are interested in rejoining the community. People change, and we should recognize that.

And immediately I think of this. :P

On 1/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Odyssey said:

That is... unless you're talking about that octopus from that crappy animated Titanic sequel :eww:

Oh mah gahd I hope it's him! :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

On 1/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, Odyssey said:

ody is an oddy

I've seen my share of members that have been banned throughout the years. Wonder if they'd be interested in a second chance.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was unfeatured