Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is your best friend "your best friend"?

Reecejackox

My friends usually don't stick around. My only longest friendship I had was these two girls whom me and my sister knew since Kindergarten up to college. We're like close cousins than friends. After college, we don't have time to hang out like we used to anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

I have 2 best friends but for somewhat different reasons. I met my bestest friend in 6th grade, around the first week of middle school and I continue to love them. Then I met my 2nd best friend through an old friend cuz they were dating at the time.
I would also like to call my bestest friend my opposite, and for an introvert (like me), it's good to know at least one extrovert who encourages you to come out of your shell from time to time. As for my second best friend, our humor is very similar. So similar that we've been mistaken for a couple once or twice in high school (I don't know why I remember that).
Either way, the main reasons why I call them my best friends is because I can relate to them, I have fun with them, I feel comfortable around them and they make me very happy. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

Personally I've never had someone I considered a "best" friend. I've always had friends with shared interests/hobbies, but those always seem to fade away after a couple years without fail. So at this point if I ever did find one, my answer to the question would definitely be "because we don't need a shared hobby to stay friends".

My (now exe) best friend was mine because we had similar interests and just genuinely enjoyed each other’s company. He moved away and never told me. I found out on social media and when I asked him about it, he ignored me. I haven’t heard from him since.

Hmm, my best friends are my best friends via a rather intense testing and selection process. My grandfather, taught me at a young age that, "True Friends, people who will always be there for you, care about you and never leave you behind, those you can count on your hands. Outside of that are just friends or acquaintances of the moment." it's something that i kept with me for sometime.

Regardless, i have around 7-9 best friends. I give a range only because :P we tend to vanish off the planet from time to time. And then get back into contact with one other. But over all we are friends not because we agree on everything, or such. But because we love and trust one other greatly. Time and such is just something to add to it as we've known one other for 12+ years. We have really different personalities, and qualities. So it's funny seeing people look at us when we all hang out together in our group hang outs. Which we normally do when we all are in the same place. XD But yah good times =D

I've been best friends with him since the first day of 2nd grade (He was new to the school we were going to at the time) and needed a friend. We were virtually inseparable for the better part of a decade. He is the one who got me interested in NASCAR (I had a love of open wheel and dirt track racing before) and video games.

My best friends aren't anything like me, which is why I like them. They complete the parts of me that are missing or deficient in some way. I'm quiet, introverted and not very sentimental, but the people I like best are the really cheerful, sweet, happy ones. I don't know why I seem to attract those types when logically I should repel them.

My best best friend is no longer in my life. I guess it's time to start thinking of who else fits the criteria. There's been a friend that I met in high school band (or actually Xanga before that. Believe it or not!) who has always been there for me, especially over the past 12 years. It's been a long distance friendship post-high school, but she was always there to comfort me, including five years when we lost our first bulldog and I was devastated. She was on a trip far away, but she still took her time to check in on me. It was very sweet. Most recently she randomly sent me some beautiful flowers for Pride month and to celebrate the fact that I'm more out of the closet now. =)

We are both social awkward to start with and kept meeting at the local library in our hometown.   We both learned we had a liking of anime and just clicked from that moments.   We have been friends for over 20 years now.   

My best friend understands me better than anyone else I know, and I understand her the same way. We don’t even need to say anything most of the time because we’re always thinking the same things. I met her at work (she started a year after me) and we have had similar jobs to do, and we always have each others’ backs. When I was on medical leave she took care of everything for me while I was away and helped me when the time came for me to return. She introduced me to my husband and has always been the most loyal, trustworthy and understanding friend in the world. I don’t call her my friend but my soul sister. Even my real sister isn’t as close to me as this girl is. I absolutely love her to bits. 

• Brohoof 3

I have a few people who I consider to be my best friend. I love my IRL best friend because we go back very far and we share some interests. I feel like I can just be stupid and silly around him, to a reasonable extend of course. This also goes for my online best friend which I met through Geometry Dash.

• Brohoof 1

I consider my best friend as a part of my family, she is like a sister to me. When I met her, we discovered we have the same hobbies and interests. This is important, because I'm not a good talker/conversationalist otherwise... :coco: In the beginning at least. But over the years I learned more about her and we overcame some struggles together.

We are very similar in many regards and this makes everything very easy.

• Brohoof 2