Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

Well, I'm not against being single, but when it comes to a girlfriend...

1. Compatibility. In other words someone whom I can be friends with.
2. Someone whom I can be silly with, and be silly with me. Really, just enjoy each other's company.
3. Not take each other too seriously
4. A certain, but not rigid, level of intelligence and common sense.
5. An open-minded person
7. Maybe somewhat nerdy; who has her own interests, but respects mine, even if they aren't totally into them, I would be likewise with them.

It may seem like I am picky...well, to have the best actual long-term relationship, it doesn't hurt to be picky in a sense.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Well, I'm not against being single, but when it comes to a girlfriend...

1. Compatibility. In other words someone whom I can be friends with.
2. Someone whom I can be silly with, and be silly with me. Really, just enjoy each other's company.
3. Not take each other too seriously
4. A certain, but not rigid, level of intelligence and common sense.
5. An open-minded person
7. Maybe somewhat nerdy; who has her own interests, but respects mine, even if they aren't totally into them, I would be likewise with them.

It may seem like I am picky...well, to have the best actual long-term relationship, it doesn't hurt to be picky in a sense.

Oh yeah I think I commented a while ago something like, "having rigid standards isn't part of a healthy relationship" and then I realized my relationship wouldn't work out if my boyfriend wasn't open minded and willing to try a hard BDSM lifestyle with me. There has to be some chemistry and those standards exist subconsciously anyway.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Annie said:

Oh yeah I think I commented a while ago something like, "having rigid standards isn't part of a healthy relationship" and then I realized my relationship wouldn't work out if my boyfriend wasn't open minded and willing to try a hard BDSM lifestyle with me. There has to be some chemistry and those standards exist subconsciously anyway.

Chemistry is the key word, and I've learned that after living with my parents. You need to get along with your partner and enjoy each other's company before one can even think about commitment. Standards are not a bad thing when it comes to long term relationships.

• Brohoof 2

In a girlfriend, I look for:

1. Good personality and can hold a conversation

2. Values internal beauty more so than external beauty

3. An easy going and chill personality

4. Open Mind

5. Passionate about things

6. An intelligent person who enjoys having intelligent conversations with me

7. This is kind of an extra, but I like athletic and/or gamer girls :) 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The kind of girl I look for is pretty much the girl I'm currently dating...

• Cute, fun-loving personality
  • Kind and caring
  • Has many hobbies and is talented in some ways
  • Fun to be around and a good person to talk to
  • Will try her best to show that she really does love you
  • Are always worth the wait, no matter how long (what? It's a long distance relationship, this thing is normal)

I love you so much, Raven! <3 <3 <3

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, well I have a few things that I find importand but the most importand thing would be someone who would be okay with me being asexual... I'm afraid that would be a big thing for people so that's why I'm a little scared to start another relationship. 

Things I also find importand are:
- a christian (I want to share my religion with someone and want to raise my kids in a christian way) 
- knows stuff about things, you don't have to know everything about everything but being smart in something is very attractive to me (seduce me with your knowledge) 
- is friendly and openminded and honest. Just don't be an asshole and be willing to talk about everything. 
- give me some space, I need it. You don't have to spend every second of the day with me. I'm not very needy honestly.
- like doing stuff and take me to places. I like doing things but I'm not very good at taking initiative. 
- cuddles, I love cuddles. I may be a little shy when it comes to stuff like that but I do like them. 
- share some interests with me so we can talk about stuff.
- don't mind my singing, I sing a lot so if you like my voice that would be awesome (and also, sing with me when it's a duet, please?)
- and while talking about music, it would be nice if someone had the same taste in music as me and would not complain when I blast my own music through the house all day (which ranges from musicala and disney to hardrock and EDM hardstyle)
- for some reason I like people who play games. I'm terrible at playing games but it would be nice if you wanted to teach me, or laugh at me when I fail.  

It's a long list but it honestly comes down to the deeper connection I have with someone. You can check off all those things but I still wouldn't fall. It's about the personal, deeper connection. 

Edited by Summerlicious Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Summerlicious Breeze said:

Hmm, well I have a few things that I find importand but the most importand thing would be someone who would be okay with me being asexual... I'm afraid that would be a big thing for people so that's why I'm a little scared to start another relationship. 

Things I also find importand are:

- a christian (I want to share my religion with someone and want to raise my kids in a christian way) 

Well, as long as you DON'T follow that "all homosexuals are going to hell" nonsense, I won't get up in your religion.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Missing a important word
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Well, as long as you follow that "all homosexuals are going to hell" nonsense, I won't get up in your religion.

heh, well, I'm attracted to both males and females so I don't believe in that crap. I'm a pretty chill christian, but I still go to church every sunday and pray for my food and such. I accept everyone for who they are and don't judge because that's not my job. I try to be nice and help everyone. that's how I practice my religion basicly. try to do good and be nice and don't do stupid things. 

• Brohoof 2

I look for someone who could be a close friend/partner. Adventerous, doesn't say I " Why." but " What if.." creativity is a plus, someone who isn't afraid to fail and if they do can move on to the next project and not worry about failing again.

Well seeing as how I'm happily married and we are hitting our anniversary on January 1st, I'd say I've found what I'm looking for XD.

He's:

Kind, Confident but not egotistical, Sophisticated humor, of quick wit, dry English style retorts, and double entendre,  love of books, learning, culture, and extremely well read. Adores good food, good wine, and pleasant conversation. Listens to Classical, Jazz, and Orchestration, a lover and attender of theater. A fine gentleman in public, but glorious passion behind closed doors. His sophistication reaches to levels of using three kinds of forks, two kinds of spoons and knowing when to use them, the ability to tell a Merlot from a Cabernet Sauvignon by almost just smelling it, as well as the calm, clear-headedness that reminds me of Celestia, with a small hint of mischievous nature to entice and allure.

Guys, I don't know what I did to deserve him.

• Brohoof 2

In a boyfriend, I look for:

• Some similar interests, so that way I don't feel like an alien in my own house.
  • Not hateful or particularly conservative. Really shouldn't have trouble with that. 
  • One that will be there when I need him (like, right now perhaps?)
  • Not overly clingy, controlling, or talkative. This (probably) autistic trash needs some space.
  • Would be okay with a more "open" relationship, if you know what I mean by that ;)
  • If they are religious, I don't want them to shove it in my face. Would prefer an agnostic.or an atheist.
  • He should live reasonably close. Long-distance relationships haven''t worked well :( 
  • I do care about physical attractiveness, but not too much. I have standards, but I'm pretty lax with them.

I'm attracted to guys and girls and I look for different things from both.

In a guy, I like someone who gives me my space and isn't demanding. My personality is an acquired taste so he'd better be a good fit or he's not going to want to be around me for long. Physically I don't really care. I guess I'd like him taller than me. Mentally I'd want someone intelligent, somewhat serious and not a stupid show-off. 

In a girl, I like femininity. I'm attracted to quiet, understated girls, hopefully with a creative or artistic side. Physically I like girls to be shorter than me but I don't really care as long as there is some chemistry there. 

Honesty. That's the biggest and most important one, in my experience. Anyone who's going to play "relationship games" is just going to cause problems. Knowing exactly what each person wants out of the relationship--at all points in the relationship--is the best way to make it work.

In no particular order of importance, with the exception of Number One being the most important.

1. S H A R E D M U S I C T A S T E S

2. Rocker/edgy personality

3. Independent, isn't clingy or always wanting attention.

4. Maturity

5. Ambition

6. Best Friend before dating, need someone you get along with

7. Intelligence

8. Open Mindedness

9. Not overly emotional

10. Able to debate things without it getting heated

I'd have to like her personality...both the person she is in public as well as the way she acts alone....

In the past, I've left two attractive women on separate occasions because of the way they've treated others....especially those below them on the Social Hierarchy. I really dislike that type of person...

This should be interesting, as I've never dated anyone before. :lol: 

• Is capable of speaking English (it's my native language, and I want to be able to communicate well with whomever the person happens to be)
  • Has at least some morals; not necessarily a pinnacle of human existence but is in general a good person
  • Is willing to put up with me
  • Makes me laugh; in general a silly person
  • Needs to be somewhat open with their emotions (otherwise I worry that I did something to upset them)
  • Has at least some things in common with me
  • Is an intelligent human being, but doesn't flaunt it
  • Is okay with the fact that I'm asexual
Edited by luftschloss
  • Brohoof 2