Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

I don't usually play video games with scary enemies in them, but of those I have...I think I'll say the Raw Shock from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. They make their presence known with a disturbing scream before chasing you to no end around the area, persistently trying to latch onto you and drag you down. I don't think they can even be killed. Whats worse is that they apparently study your movements which helps them hunt you in future chases. The fact that this always happens in the dark with horror music playing doesn't help either.

Gee, the scariest video game enemy I met. Well, I have encountered many horrifying monsters of gaming, but nothing could prepare me for this guy right here: 

Amnesia_Monster.png

The freakin' grunt. Should I say anything else? No.

the great mighty poo from conker's bad fur day because what is stranger than an opera singing shit monster?

Great Mighty Poo: 
Ahem-hem. Mi mi mi mi miiiii ... 
I am the Great Mighty Poo 
and I'm going to throw my shit at you. 
A huge supply of tish comes from my chocolate starfish. 
How about some scat, you little twat? 

Great Mighty Poo: 
Do you really think you'll survive in here? 
You don't seem to know which creek you're in. 
Sweet corn is the only thing that makes it through my rear. 
How d'you think I keep this lovely grin? 
(Have some more caviar!) 

Great Mighty Poo: 
Now I'm really getting rather mad. 
You're like a niggly tiggly shitty little tag-nut. 
When I knock you out with all my bab, 
I'm going to take your head and ram it up my butt! 
Conker: Your butt? 
Great Mighty Poo: My butt! 
Conker: Your butt?! 
Great Mighty Poo: That's right, my butt! 
Conker: Err ...! 
Great Mighty Poo: My butt! 
Conker: Agh! 
Great Mighty Poo: My Buuuuuuuuutt! 

Great Mighty Poo: Ah! You cursed squirrel! Look what you've done! I'm flushing! I'm flushing! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who'd have thought a good little squirrel like you could destroy my beautiful clagginess! Ah! I'm going! Oh! Ahh! No! Aaaaaaah! 
Conker: Huh huh! Now that's what I call a bowel movement!

I Would consider the great mighty poo to be one of the most disturbing enemies I've seen. I would also consider him to be one of the most hilarious things I've seen in gaming.

• Brohoof 1

I found a new fear: Redeads from the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I was going through the Arbiters Grounds Temple (or whatever you call it), following the directions from my trusty Player's Guide, when I see a skeleton with a huge FREAKIN' sword rise up from the sand and just STAND THERE. I take a step forward, and the the thing SLOWLY moves towards me. I scream like the little girl I am and take a few steps back. "Bomb arrows," I say. "I'll kill it with bomb arrows!" Two bomb arrows later, I heave out a sigh of relief and look at my player's guide to see what to do next. Guess what it said?

(-not exact words-)

"Look out for Redeads. They'll scream at you, causing Link to be paralyzed for a couple of seconds, in which they will hit you with their massive sword. Kill them with bomb arrows and proceed to the next room."

You know, book, I wish you could feel emotions 'cause I almost CRAPPED MYSELF ever time I ran into one ofthose freaking things! Thank goodness I'm done with that dungeon!

Good ol' King Boom Boo from Sonic Adventure 2, Battle.

Despite his rainbow tongue, he freaked me out as a child.

Now, He is one of my favorite bosses of all-time.

Guruuu gruuruuu.... HahahahA!

attachicon.gifKBB.jpg

Oh man, thanks so much for posting that. I remember when I played Sonic Adventure 2.

The nostalgia is hitting me so hard. I'm gonna go and watch videos of that bossfight now. Best-est boss ever.

I never understood that game. I've never played it cause I'm too cheep to buy it :x but what's the point if you cant kill an enemy? o.O Is there a mystery to be solved or something? but I mean even then cant you fashion a blunt weapon out of a chair leg or an iron pipe?

No you don't fight them. All you can do is run...

This game is actually Scary as hell, I've played it (While wearing a diaper) And I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys scary games.

Amnesia_Monster.png

Oh god.

The sound they make when they chase you...

I have so many nightmares now.

• Brohoof 3

No you don't fight them. All you can do is run...

This game is actually Scary as hell, I've played it (While wearing a diaper) And I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys scary games.

Oh god.

The sound they make when they chase you...

I have so many nightmares now.

It's  been quite some time since I posted that ._.", and since then I have played it.

I won't say it was really scary (I did play it in the dark, and volume on high), but I did enjoy the story line very much.

• Brohoof 1

the scariest enemy I have faced in my entire Gaming Career? well that is simple, it is this guy below!

THE UBERMORPH!!

ds2___ubermorph___by_crazydave55811-d38e

This bastard might not look scary. But it's what he's capable of doing that does the job.

Near the end of Dead space 2 this Thing appears out of nowhere and stalks you...even worse is the fact that unlike all the previous creepy enemies in Dead space, THIS ONE DOES NOT DIE!!!

you heard me right, no matter how many grenades blown, or times you decapitate this guy, he will always regrow his fallen limbs and continue to stalk you.

and did I mention that his strength is that of a Brute necromporph O.o

try playing this game on Zealot mode, and you'll really fear this guy.

DEATHCLAWS

MY GOD THESE ARE JUST

IMPOSSIBLE

UNKILLABLE

FAST

QUICK

DEADLY

DANGEROUS

SYNONYMOUS WITH DANGEROUS

I HATE THESE THINGS

HAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

post-10951-0-09979400-1357098862.jpg

I'm counting this as an enemy because you face the guy right at the end of the game, and also because I was traumatised for several months after seeing it.

For those of you who've not played Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the game has a sanity meter, where your sanity drops if you stare at an enemy, witness an unsettling event or stay in the dark too long. It raises from discovering a new area or finding an important item. This alone makes my enemy so scary - because it's the combined essence of your character's own insanity and the enemy's twisted back story.

So, what's the enemy?

I'll put it simply - it's Baron Alexander. More specifically, it's a painting that you find of him in his study. (Spoiler Alert): This guy has lived for three hundred years, posing as a Prussian baron, and kidnaps and murders innocent people to siphon their life energy so that he can return to his home world - and family - that he was banished from. There are diary entries scattered around his castle of how three hundred years of murder and torture has twisted him and driven him mad. What makes the painting so petrifying is how the baron isn't actually present, but you know how much he's been through and how his soul has been mutilated.

This is what the painting looks like originally.

OJgms.png

After looking at the painting, you go on to find (and jump at) a multitude of human skulls fall out of his desk, bringing your sanity down to a dangerously low level.

This is what the painting then looks like.

2mxG8.png

Kaboom, nightmares, sweating and refusal to leave my room at night. The low sanity face has deeply scarred me both at the sight of it and the way that it manifests as a painful signification of how his murders have destroyed him internally. I quite literally had to look away from the screen as I was pasting the image.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

I'm counting this as an enemy because you face the guy right at the end of the game, and also because I was traumatised for several months after seeing it.

Oh man, that sounds terrible. The game doesn't hit me that hard; it doesn't really affect me much outside of the game, especially not for several months, like you. However, I really do lose my courage during the game. I just can't play for very long. Funny story, I once started up the game. Then I loaded up my save file, stood there in the dark for like a minute, said "screw this", and quit. Yeah, sure got a lot done that time.

Still not done the game, simply because I'm not ballsy enough to pick it up again. Good on you for getting to the end.

And yeah, I remember the part with the skulls! I'm pretty sure I almost jumped out at that part. I wasn't paying attention to the picture that you mentioned, though. Thank god, because that makes that makes it so much creepier.

Slenderman he/she/it is just so bucking scary. The emotionless face,the suit,everything about him/her/it is ultra scary. Also one thing that scares me about him/her/it is that he/she/it dosent move ,but teleports when you look him/her/it.

Here is the picture:slender_man_by_vonanthonythefirst-d5910g

- Metroids from Metriod Prime 1. As a kid, I was absolutely horrified of something attaching to my face and sucking my brains out. I refused to beat that game for 2 years because the way to Omega Pirate was INFESTED with the things.

- Anyone here played Spyro 1 on the PSX? Because I was also terrified of those plants that weren't really plants in that one Beast Makers world that charged you, mouths wide open to eat you.

- Amnesia. That game wasn't so bad when you had 3 to 4 other dudes sitting there with you, but it was still creepy as hell. One time, when we had our sanity lowered, one room appeared to have pig carcasses hanging in it. The really freaky bit was that half of us were like, "DUDE, LOOK AT THE MEAT HANGING OFF THE WALLS," and the other half said, "Guys, we didn't see anything." When we went back to look again, they were gone. I was thinking to myself, "I'm going insane in real life. We should probably take a break soon...."

- Oh, I forgot to mention Twilight Town from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Damn that whole chapter was scary.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 2

Ustanak from Resident Evil 6 might not be very scary in terms of appearance, but his dedication to getting to you is shiver-worthy. Right from the moment he first appears in Jake's story, it's clear he's on a mission, and he won't let anything- even walls or the laws of physics- get in his way. As Jake's story progresses, it becomes more and more evident that Ustanak is virtually indestructible. Blow him up, hit him with a truck, drop him from a helicopter, burn him alive? No big deal. You'll be seeing him again. Ustanak isn't scary in the traditional sense, but him being that dedicated to hunting you down, and the fact that you can't truly stop him combine to form a lasting psychological scare. 

Broodmother from Dragon Age: Origins. When I first ran through the game I was just... OH MY GOD NO I JUST AT- *Hurls* I won't post an image because it's pretty much just a Rosie O'Donell with tenticals and boobs. Google broodmother if you dare. >__>

Hands down, these motherfuckers right here

Headcrab_poison.jpg

2030050-re4_iron_maiden.jpg

I'm not going to pick between them, the black headcrab always has me jumping out of my chair whenever I hear it or turn a corner and see it. Going through ravenholm was a living hell because of them. I'd pull out my crowbar for any other headcrab, but for those black headcrabs, I'd empty the entire contents of my shotgun, revolver, and SMG in to a single one just because of how evil they are.

And then you have the Iron Maiden, the result of cutting off a man's genitals, gouging out his eyes, ripping his palate in half, etc... He's slow, shaky, and he makes that awful snoring sound that always made me mute my television when I played my first game. 

I know its gonna sound crazy. But Andross from Starfox 64 scared the crap out of me when i was a kid. If i remember correctly he was only a monkey head and two hands and you had to shoot his hands while avoiding energy blasts from his mouth then when you blew his hands and face away he was just a pair of eyeballs and a brain. Then you had to shoot his eyeballs then the brain was the only thing left. And the only way to kill the brain was to shoot the medulla oblongata on the back of the brain. It was just the freakiest thing ever to me.

• 1 month later...

In video games, what is the scariest enemy/boss that you've ever seen (Post a picture if possible)? I suppose for me it would be the ichthyosaur in Half-Life, I literally cheat to avoid them because of how scared I am (I have a phobia of large fish),

oeTVy91.png

the "V-rex" from that king-kong game. I remember being a kid and just seeing that thing turn the corner, and how I was so open and vulnerable, I just shat myself. Every time i went back to the game i avoided that one level, and i did that for 6 years, basically until I was 12.