Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

After a while, you do become accustom to necromorphs scaring the hell out of you, but that first playthrough of the campaign leaves you shaking and not wanting to play for more than an hour at a time.

• Brohoof 1

The Regeneradors and dogs from Resident Evil 4:

post-17520-0-41135700-1379300076.png

post-17520-0-83034000-1379300063.jpg

The undead from Return to Castle Wolfenstein:

post-17520-0-49993500-1379300120_thumb.jpg

The Descendents from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

post-17520-0-13740800-1379300104.jpg

Necromorphs from Dead Space (especially when you play alone at night):

post-17520-0-72615900-1379300113_thumb.jpg

Howlers, Librarians, and Ghosts from the Metro series:

post-17520-0-45919500-1379300180_thumb.png

post-17520-0-96511400-1379300137_thumb.jpg

post-17520-0-59550400-1379300130.jpg

Pyramid head from Silent Hill 2....

Pyramid_Head.jpg

I don't think I have to explain why this guy is so scary, from the moment you first meet him, to his shocking true story you understand in the final part of the game, you will be shocked at how creepy and scary this guy is....

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, well these are the enemies that scared me most as a child.

1. The Piano from Super Mario 64

tumblr_mi1fg7qVpw1ribzx2o1_500.gif

This thing nearly gave a heart attack when I was younger.

2. Gorilla Pirate from Rayman 2: The Great Escape

300px-R2TGE-PC-GorillaPirate.jpg

This one is a bit weird, and I'm probably the only one who ever got scared by these. Looking back at them, I don't even know why I was scared of them. It's just that they moved unnaturally, and charged at you. It was scary.

• Brohoof 2

post-15678-0-67687500-1379301458.jpg

and someone very very similar, 

post-15678-0-34118200-1379301498.jpg

Top is a Big Daddy from Bioshock 1+2 which were terrifying beyond all reason. most of the time they were optional anyways, which made it more intimidating when you started a fight with them. 

the last one is Nautilus, a champion I discovered fighting against in game that almost made me go in my pants, considering he literally came out of nowhere and impaled me with an anchor. *shivers*

oh yeah and also

just you know

nightmare fuel

post-15678-0-58323700-1379301520.jpg

Edited by SoundRaptured

• 8 months later...

The spider people from Dark souls 2.

keep jumping at me when ever I open a door.

The creatures from dead space (forgot their names) scare me every time.

The regenerator Necromorph from Dead Space :o

Whether it be DS1's Hunter, DS2's Ubermorph, or DS3's pack of regenerators (5 AT ONCE AEDFASDFASDFASSD), these sonsa' b*tches are always terrifying.

"How are you going to kill it?!"

"I'M NOT!"

(edited)

None. They don't scare me if its NOT a jumpscare e.g in Dead Space 2, Necromorphs scare the hell outta me when they got out of the capsule thingies (or pipes idk :-S) on the start but they didn't scare me when they appear again. Jumpscares are starting to become a cliche since it only happens on the dark places with no sound or empty places :-P.

Edited by Twilightlicous

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Necromorphs. I hate them. Scary in appearance, and freaks me out every time. Even in Dead Space 3 with co-op they scare the living hell outta me. I mean just look at them!

Names in order: Regenerator-Slasher-Slasher

The Regenerator is the worst, and by far scariest of all. Not because of appeaance, but because it barely bothers to jump at you. Most dead space fans would agree that just the sight brings terror to ones mind

Edited by Dawn Rider
Removed NSFW images
  • Brohoof 1

Numb bodies from Silent Hill.

They're not really so scary as they are just... well... they're missing... stuff... and look generally very disturbing and awkward.

Depends on what you mean by scariest:

Scary as in JUMPSCARE: The fucking spiders in Dragon Age: Origins that always scare the shit out of you by surprising you from the ceiling or a tree.

Scary as in legitimately terrifying: The zombies that always appeared in the night in Dragon's Dogma. Never ran so fast in a video game.

T.H.U.D From Tony Hawk's Underground. Once I get to a place with WiFi, I can upload a picture, so will I edit this thread and add the picture.

until then, I'll tell you about why he scared me as a child.

THUG 1 had a neversoft teaser which involved Eric Sparrow skating for something when he stops over a manhole. T.H.U.D sprung up out of it and takes down the camera. He then drags Eric into the manhole with him struggling. It eats Eric alive and throws out his skeleton. That one video always scared me because I thought THUD was real.