Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

No no no NO, why did this thread have to remind me of my worst fears... Ok, anyhoo the most scariest video game enemy for me would be every single damn necromorph in the dead space universe! *shudders* nightmares, so many nightmares.

Edited by Fresh Meat

Well, I guess I wwill be the first one to mention this...

The Lava Eels in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger startled me to no end

Not only that but so did the Spiders :blink:

I hate spiders :(

And speaking of Spiders, the armored spiders in the High Caves of Spyro 1 used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid

And so did most of the enemies in both the Haunted Tower and Dark Passage

Back on Ty

The third game, Night of the Quinkan scared me considerably since there were a lot more Spiders in that game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74MUk7BwYY

Watch the video and many of you will understand. 

The whole story of lavender town and all the death of those children cause by listening to the lavender town music just gives me chills. This is by far the scariest video game enemy I faced and pokemon yellow was one of the first games I ever played when I was younger.

I was just going to say this! Man, when I played this game as a kid I was pretty traumatized, the whole Lavender Town theme scared the crap out of me. Nightmares man. 

• Brohoof 1

for me its kinda silly :P since i get really easily scared i can jump at cavestory+ .-.

but the scariest game i ever played gotta be either, killing floor, Minecraft or half life 2...
last time i played mc i screamed and jumped off my chair because i heard that horrifying SSsSsSsSSsS ;_;

The Ing from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

257-art_1490_id_9_mw_520.jpg

I was pretty much scared of Dark Aether as  a whole, but those things are what made it speshul. Those screeching noises they make and the fact they're everywhere doesn't help.  :blink:

Now the game's my favorite on the Gamecube and a defintite top five favorite of all time, but they still give me shivers.

I should not have read the creepypasta about this game....  :(

• Brohoof 1

I almost forgot...

The bug enemies in Borderlands 1 always scare the living bejesus out of me...

While I don't panic and turn the xbox off straight away, I still end up getting this ungodly tingle rushing up my spine everytime I see them :/

Edited by ~ds8~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74MUk7BwYY

Watch the video and many of you will understand. 

The whole story of lavender town and all the death of those children cause by listening to the lavender town music just gives me chills. This is by far the scariest video game enemy I faced and pokemon yellow was one of the first games I ever played when I was younger.

Lavender town was super creepy. The reports of childrens' deaths is fake fortunately. :) I one up-you with Slender Man from the independent game Slender.
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, that's a tough question for someone who's played various horror games.

... ... ...

Well, I'm going to judge this by the longest time a video game enemy made me stand still and in that case the scariest enemy would be...

The Hive Mind

929850-hive_mind_super.jpg

While this one made me say "Oh you gotta be kidding me" when I finally faced it, it wasn't that scene that made me stand still... it was the earlier scene when I was trying to put the Marker back to its place.

When I saw part of this creature in the horizon, I just couldn't move or do anything. I actually waited 5 whole minutes to make sure everything was fine before I continued. No enemy has ever made me wait that long up to this point.

Edited by Koori
  • Brohoof 2

in castelvina DS there that grass that grow with time it OK but after time i see the same grass and :blink: *BOOM* a weird monster look like long onion and scream so high and explode :wacko: it came from no wear

---

and there was the save point in Final Fantsy 12 that look like save point but when you near it it start attacking you

I also Remember the Bush enemies from Spyro 2 that made me jump when I was a kid,

Anypony know what I am talking about?

It's those things that, when you came close to it, they would jump out at you and try to eat you.

I'll admit it wasn't really scary per se, but those things DID make me jump though

• 2 weeks later...

The Re-deads from Zelda (Ocarina of Time), the chainsaw guy, and the Regenerators (both from RE4). Resident Evil 4 was extremely scary, and I remember getting my brother to beat a part of the game because I was too scared to. lol

Definitely the Poison Headcrab Zombies in Half Life 2. Those things gave me nightmares when I first played that game. A bloated mass of an undead human lurking in the shadows, covered with black, rattling headcrabs that jump at you...*shudders*

A close second are the Combine zombies, but not really from a scare-factor, more from a creep-factor that they are somehow able to function without the host having a head.

Edited by StratoPegasus

the great mighty poo from conker's bad fur day because what is stranger than an opera singing shit monster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdd4rBlsj2o

Great Mighty Poo: 
Ahem-hem. Mi mi mi mi miiiii ... 
I am the Great Mighty Poo 
and I'm going to throw my shit at you. 
A huge supply of tish comes from my chocolate starfish. 
How about some scat, you little twat? 

Great Mighty Poo: 
Do you really think you'll survive in here? 
You don't seem to know which creek you're in. 
Sweet corn is the only thing that makes it through my rear. 
How d'you think I keep this lovely grin? 
(Have some more caviar!) 

Great Mighty Poo: 
Now I'm really getting rather mad. 
You're like a niggly tiggly shitty little tag-nut. 
When I knock you out with all my bab, 
I'm going to take your head and ram it up my butt! 
Conker: Your butt? 
Great Mighty Poo: My butt! 
Conker: Your butt?! 
Great Mighty Poo: That's right, my butt! 
Conker: Err ...! 
Great Mighty Poo: My butt! 
Conker: Agh! 
Great Mighty Poo: My Buuuuuuuuutt! 

Great Mighty Poo: Ah! You cursed squirrel! Look what you've done! I'm flushing! I'm flushing! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who'd have thought a good little squirrel like you could destroy my beautiful clagginess! Ah! I'm going! Oh! Ahh! No! Aaaaaaah! 
Conker: Huh huh! Now that's what I call a bowel movement!

• Brohoof 4

Well... He wasn't an enemy but the scariest video game character I ever dealt with would have to be... *gulp*...

Mr. Resetti
animal-crossing-mr-resetti-character-art
I used to reset my game to intertionally make him upset but then one time he blacked out my screen for about thrity seconds, saying he was going to reset my entire town, then he started laughing saying it was a warning. I didn't know if he was serious (I read online that he does something almost as bad) but I sure as hell wasn't taking chances...

But for me, probably the most terrifying foe I've ever faced in a video game are... Splicers in Bioshock. Especially certain Spider Splicers that you encounter in Fort Frolic... anypony who's played Bioshock knows exactly what I'm talking about!!!

img-559774-2-Spider_1.png

img-559774-3-Picture2_splicer.preview.jp

I know what you mean, buddy. Splicers are absolutely horrifying. Especially the spider splicers! I'm so happy I'm not alone on that matter.

• Brohoof 1

I play a lot of scary games, but the scariest character by far was Slenderman. That feeling of always being watched, coupled with the sharp piano music when you looked at him, made me jump out of my chair and scream...every time.

I remember when I was younger and was playing Ocarina Of Time When I saw the UnDeads I just screamed. And the screams they make.

But I didn't beat Skyward Sword very quick because of the Skulltulas. I hated the 3 or 4 jump scare in the game, one even had me press the power button on my Wii and lose progress.

not sure if it counts as an "enemy"

but...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno.

the first time i heard of missingno, it really freaked me out. something about it terrified me, probably the fact that its a corrupted/messed up pokemon abomination, and shouldn't even exist.

at some point, my fear turned into a strong facination, and i started searching for and capturing all kinds of crazy glitch pokemon.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Scariest enemy I faced? Have to say the regenerators in Resident Evil 4. Take out their head? Grows back! Take out their legs? It slithers on the floor at you! And don't get me started on that creepy stuttery breathing sound they make!

Edited by LensFlare
  • Brohoof 1

250px-Giygas.png

This guy right here, from Earthbound for the Super Nintendo (which i played on an emulator :P).

There are many, many reasons why he/she/it is scary, but I'm too lazy to say them all, so have a link to the battle with Giygas in the game if you are curious :P

• Brohoof 1

This......

img-268363-1-2lmt4aq.jpg

And this.....

img-268363-2-33ni9e0.jpg

They aren't as scary when you're not playing, but they are freakin' terrifying in the game for 1. They look like surgery gone wrong, and 2. You know that you can't kill them and all that'll happen is your ass being torn to shreads unsure.png

Oh my god, I totally know how that feels. The servants are creepy as hell. Oh, and for those that haven't played Amnesia before, the grunts make this loud screeching noise when they're chasing you.

Aside from that, the Iron Maidens from RE4 were kinda scary. I think it's the twitching that does it for me. Low res picture.100609RS01.jpg