Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Go to Equestria? How Long Would You Stay? What Would You Do?

Riverleaf Breeze

If you had the chance to go to Equestria, would you?  

254 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Go?

• Yes (Please Explain)
    • No (Please Explain)
  2. 2. How Long Would You Stay?

• I wouldn't go at all
    • Only a day
    • Maybe a week
    • A month or two
    • A year
    • Many years, but I'd eventually return
    • I'd never come back

True, I guess it really depends on exactly how you are getting to Equestria. I guess I was more assuming the portal option where it is open for a while, but even if I couldn't say goodbye I would still go.

That one gets a bit dicey for me. The past couple of years, I've placed so much more emphasis on my eventual duty than anything else. This lead to a lot of misery for me. Only recently I've made a drastic change (three guesses what caused it) that my happiness is just as important. Leaving for Equestria would mean eternal, or at least for the most part, happiness, but I wouldn't have served anything. My ideals would remain that, ideas with no action to their credit, I couldn't call myself a man if I dropped everything for only myself. I guess it just depends on the timing. Maybe in a few years after I've some good, I've felt I "did my part" so now I can enjoy my reward.

Now that I think about it . . . I've made the same reservations about heaven. Just what does that say about Equestria? :blink:

I added some new rules to the question since a lot of people were answering with responses along the line of "Yes, I'd do it if these special circumstances applied."

NOPE. This is supposed to be a difficult decision. No special treatment!

That one gets a bit dicey for me. The past couple of years, I've placed so much more emphasis on my eventual duty than anything else. This lead to a lot of misery for me. Only recently I've made a drastic change (three guesses what caused it) that my happiness is just as important. Leaving for Equestria would mean eternal, or at least for the most part, happiness, but I wouldn't have served anything. My ideals would remain that, ideas with no action to their credit, I couldn't call myself a man if I dropped everything for only myself. I guess it just depends on the timing. Maybe in a few years after I've some good, I've felt I "did my part" so now I can enjoy my reward.

Now that I think about it . . . I've made the same reservations about heaven. Just what does that say about Equestria? :blink:

You make good points, depending on circumstances I would maybe react differently. Altough I feel that the best we can do is have goodwill towards everyone, and just be kind and do what we can everyday. No special big event will really say "You have finally done what you were meant to" for me. Whether I would be here or in Equestria my thought process would follow with me, and I would feel that I was doing what I could no matter what.

You make good points, depending on circumstances I would maybe react differently. Altough I feel that the best we can do is have goodwill towards everyone, and just be kind and do what we can everyday. No special big event will really say "You have finally done what you were meant to" for me. Whether I would be here or in Equestria my thought process would follow with me, and I would feel that I was doing what I could no matter what.

I also don't believe any single event will give me a pass. I know what you mean, I wouldn't STOP being a good person in Equestria. It's more to myself than anypony else, Equestria doesn't need as much "help" as Earth. (No I don't believe Earth is a crapsack planet, it just could be better.) I know me well enough. If I were to take a dive, I would toss and turn in my bed in Coudsdayle or Canterlot for about a week to a month before pleading for the Princess to send me back.

I would absolutely, 100%. Before leaving I would write a note to my family explaining what's going on and leaving them my possessions. On another note, I hope that I could live in a place like Equestria in the next life...

I would never be able to leave my friends and family behind. sure you would be in paradise and make new friends, but i have abandonment issues and am certifiably insane, and would have issues making new friends. plus i would end up killing myself because i would miss my friends and family

i would leave a note for my friends and family to say that there was something i must do (they would not belave in a magical box apearing in my room) and that i wish them the best and i hope to se them again and go.

ofcourse i will miss them, but i will make lots of friends there 2 and start a family there.

no more worries for money, education, working pressure.

i would go as a unicorn ofcourse but i would try my verry best to develop wings so i could fly.

If its wasn't forever, they yeah, I would love to go!

If it WAS forever, then..... that hard. You get to have a carefree life, and not worry about wars, politics, etc. You also get to make friends with the Mane 6! But you also go away from your family, friends, and all possesions are left. Also they don't seem very technilogicaly advanced, so all my things may not even work.

I honestly don't know...

Edited by TwilightRubix

It'd take some time to decide, but I'd probably go for it. Right now, my life could end up being really good or really bad, so having a better shot at a good life would probably settle it for me.

Besides, my dream is to become a pilot. Real wings > planes. I'd be one of the happiest pegasi in Equestria.

I can say for sure it's a really tough choice as everyone(who didn't immidiatly say yes) stated above I mean leaving everyone you know behind we'll be hard let alone adjusting on a new way of life you are not used to cause let's be honest their way of life is way different.. For me the mood that I would be at the moment of the choice would pretty much decide what I would do

I'd have to say no. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably pace my room long enough to leave grooves in the floor before I came to this decision, but I'm just not the kind of person who could just throw away everything to jump into the uknown like this.

No matter what I chose, regret would follow me for the rest of my days, either regret in leaving my family and friends behind to possibly deal with what is essentially the equivalent of my death, or regret in casting aside what can only be described as a once in a lifetime chance for true happiness. Not to mention I'd be leaving behind eveything I actually enjoy about this world, which I'm completely unsure of could exist in Equestria. Then, as I thought this through, my mind stumbled onto a grim parallel to this exact situation that made it clear why I would choose no.

This is essentially like suicide. The act of abandoning the world you have come to live in, all in the pursuit of an imaginary cure-all world that may infact not be all the rainbows and sunshine it's made out to be. This alone is why I would never open the box, but instead would look for someone who would better appreciate this gift. Someone who has hit rock bottom with no hope of ever climbing their way back up and having already contemplated ending it. This way, I can atleast take solace in knowing that someone was able to find happiness in their new life.

• Brohoof 1

Yes.

Pretty much a no brainer for me.

A happy land filled with magic and kindness or the world in it's current state.

I'm sure my friends and family would respect my decision.

This alone is why I would never open the box, but instead would look for someone who would better appreciate this gift. Someone who has hit rock bottom with no hope of ever climbing their way back up and having already contemplated ending it. This way, I can atleast take solace in knowing that someone was able to find happiness in their new life.

How do you know that they wouldn't regret it and be damned forever due to you?

Edited by Legit101

I'd go, but as a lot of other people has said I'd leave behind some kind of will or note for my family and friends. I'd text my best friend. "I'm gone to Equestria. Good bye"

Since I'm pretty shy, I don't socialize that much and just really wish I could talk to people as easily as others make it seem.

Ponies in Equestria just seem really nice to shy ponies and encourage them to be more confident. I'd love to be backed up like that.

As for family and friends (Lol? What friends...) I'd leave a will and fake my own death. At least they'd think I didn't abandon them for ponies that way.

I'd probably be a pegasus. As much as I'd like being a unicorn, being a pegasus would be amazing to experience what it is to fly and be free like a bird.

I wouldn't have to worry about money because I'd start off with a fair amount.

So yeah, I'd say yes fairly quickly upon receiving the box and open it. I could then live out the rest of my days as a carefree pony in a world of equality, love and tolerance. Whereas this world is becoming (has become) corrupt where money means everything and people are selfish and don't care for others' feelings.

I can't do it.

I can't leave behind my family and friends.

For all I care, burn my material possessions, but I can't let go of what I love, regardless of the current state of the world, or what awaits me in the world beyond.