429 users have voted

1. 1. whats your race/ethnicity

• White
    • Black
    • Latino
    • Asian
    • Middle Eastern/Jewish
    • Mixed race/ethnicity

, I merged your thread on one's race with this one.

I've also removed a number of off-topic posts. This isn't a Lounge thread, so only post your actual race/ethnicity, not a pony race or something else fictitious.

• Brohoof 1

In honor of those stupid questionnaire thingies you get when applying for jobs in America:

Danish (not Hispanic or Latino)

Norwegian (not Hispanic or Latino)

Welsh (not Hispanic or Latino)

Swiss (not Hispanic or Latino)

English (not Hispanic or Latino)

I think there's a little French (not Hispanic or Latino) in there.

Probably some other stuff (most likely not Hispanic or Latino) I forgot or don't know about.

I can trace my line directly back to Charlemagne, which is pretty cool.

White and Jewish, yo. It's exciting to get to to check off a minority in an ethnicity poll for once!  :D

I don't live somewhere like New York with a sizable Jewish population, so in elementary school people treated me like a unicorn when I mentioned that I celebrated Hanukkah along with Christmas (Dad's side of the family ain't Jewish).  :lol:

White as a sheet.

There is some Native American lineage that can be traced on my dad's side of the family, but it's not enough to count for anything. I am 50% Polish and aside from the tiny bit of Native American the rest of me is an English/Scotch/Irish mix.

Pretty much your typical mutt from southeastern Michigan.

On my mother's side, I am Norwegian. On my father's side, I'm not sure other than "British Isles". Probably English, or Scots-Irish. Possibly Welsh.  I also have trace percentages of Choctaw Indian heritage. When asked about my ethnicity, I just say "50% Norwegian" or just "Norwegian".

• Brohoof 2

I'm mostly Serbian. On my mother's side, my blood can be traced to Bosnia and Dalmatia, and one of my ancestors was known as the Dragon of Noćaj, he was a war hero from the 1st Serbian Uprising in 1815. I also have blood from Austro-Hungarian nobles, because a noble married with my great great grandmother, but some murders happened and some shit :/ I guess that makes me white, although I have some Turkish blood since a lot of Serbs were Turkish sex slaves for 500 years so I have darker skin.

Edited by Comrade Serbon

• 3 months later...

Hmm... let's see, 25% French-Canadian, 25% Hungarian, 25% Polish, and 25% German. I'm an American-born citizen, though.