Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're feeling sad?

Lightning Fluttershy

I listen to music or play an involved game to get my mind off it, if it's rally bad i just go to sleep so i stop thinking about it all together

I have a history of self-injury but... I won't get into that.

I try to talk to my friends or have them come over. I'll watch funny youtube videos, too. Especially YouTube poops

Only 3 words, "Suck it up".  That's pretty much it, since Im also a football player.  Sadness and depression will only bring negativity and plummets your self-esteem.  Better to keep you head up high and move on.

I withdraw into myself and try to figure it out. Typically a nap helps, as I'm naturally low energy so when my mood goes down it usually saps what's left of my energy away and I become totally lethargic.

I usually just get in bed and listen to music with headphones on, specifically the over-the-ear kind. Even if I could play it out loud, using headphones just kind of phases out the rest of the world and relaxes me.

I can't be helped when I'm sad for the most part. The only cure is time. Or curling up in a ball and thinking suicidal thoughts. But don't do this because these shouldn't cure a normal depression.

I know some of you may immediately think this when you read what I do: "Wow, what an absolute baby," and you can think that.

I cry. I'll admit it. That's how I let out my sadness is through crying. I don't try to burden others with my trivial troubles of life. I cry and keep my emotions to myself, mainly because I don't wish to burden others, and no one cares, anyway.

I usually try to do something or watch something.   Something to involve me and keep me busy.  Something fun also, a mlp episode I like  a lot, some comedy tv episode, or just a current let's play or something on youtube.  It eventually passes.

This might be slightly weird, but occasionally, I would load up TF2, play as a medic, and then make myself happier with the fact that I'm possibly indirectly making other people in the world enjoy the game more by sustaining their health points.

Other than that, music, sleep, and other games also help. :lol:

Suicide attempts and self mutilation use to be my coping mechanism for sadness. But lately, when ever i'm sad, i just lay in bed and don't go anywhere or do anything for long periods of time. I'm talking 15 to 20 hours of nothingness. Hell, the only reason i even get out of bed anymore is to go to work so i can help my roommate pay rent, and to go to school occasionally. Good times.

I will start with some background.

I am 28, which I am putting on here a lot. I have survived 3 suicide attempts. These were caused by many factors but the major was having to end a 5 year relationship 3 months before my wedding due to infidelity on my fiancée's part. It sent me over the edge the third time. I was only saved by my twin who caught me before the aspirin took effect and got me to throw up.

Since then I have given up on that form of relieving the problem. Now a days I will listen to music, talk to friends, the usual things. While I was in college I threw myself in RPs and MMOs to escape and it help get myself through that. Now it's just me and my dog.

Now, I see a lot of different cooping mechanisms on here, some good and some bad. I just want to say that I am here. I am a stranger, I know. You do not know me from Adam, but I am here. I have seen what suicide does to a family. I have also seen what it does when you survive it and get to see their faces.

I will do everything in my power to help you. MLP:FIM has saved me from myself here in the last month and I can't begin to express the joy I have now. Seeing your art, rps, fan fic, music, and general joy brought me out of my sad place. I just want to repay a small part of that back.

So please contact me if you need someone to talk to. I am a priest of my faith and will hold everything you tell me in strict confidence.

-Blue Moon

Well I self-harm because im depressed

D: why?

For the question:

It varies a lot what I do when I'm sad. I tend to listen to sad music, cry out a lot, draw something, go out to nature, close myself in bathroom and pluck hairs, sometimes I just try to play some games or watch some movies. in most cases I am alone, only with my imaginary friends. I sometimes want to talk to somebody then, but mostly that person is not online that time or theres something else that prevents me from doing so. In the past I also caused myself pain in the legs. But, I am still fighting and hope I'll get over my fears somehow, I have to. I would like to have somebody to fight for...

Edited by Gekoncze

I'm rarely, and I mean rarely, sad.

But when I'm feeling sad, I usually listening to a happy song, or put on a funny TV show I like!  :) 

Hehe, that always cheers me up~