Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're feeling sad?

Lightning Fluttershy

Whenever I'm sad, I just pop this video on and i'm instantly happy again:

I never get sad anymore. I used to get sad once in a while back in High School but that's because some days just seemed to drag on, that and during my Senior year I had an advanced math class at the last hour of the day and I had a girlfriend that made me want to climb the wall with my teeth. Thankfully I told her to "get da fuq outta mah life biatch!" and I graduated from High School. I was never and I mean NEVER depressed and NEVER thought any kind of suicidal thoughts, I enjoy life. I don't even like it when people use the phrase "F- my life" around me.

0791_2f7f.png

Although the way I do it usually means indulging my bleak outlook by doing awesomely idiotic and ill-advised things. Alcohol + big city? But I won't be sad at least.

So there's that!

(Don't be like me)

What do i do when im sad? I do things to make me more sad!

Im serious. Sometimes i just have the need to feel bad, it probably has something to do with my incredible self hatred. When i feel not so good, i deliberately do things from which i know will make me more upset.

Examples? I have a incredible love for Rarity, i just love her character. So when i feel bad, i go to Google and search for Rarity haters. I then read what these haters are writing, which plunges me deeper into depression.

• Brohoof 1

When I am sad I go on the internet...

And then I realize that my life is nothing compared to the horror on the world wide web.

I look up ridiculous stories that have been proven to be real. It turns my mood from sad to worried. Then when I am worried I think a lot. I become too involved in thinking that when something interrupts me, I become happy again. Magic.

Listening to sad music on the radio helps too. Happy music doesn't cut it. Sad music makes me feel like I am being sympathized with.

Edited by Judgement

What do i do when im sad? I do things to make me more sad!

Im serious. Sometimes i just have the need to feel bad, it probably has something to do with my incredible self hatred. When i feel not so good, i deliberately do things from which i know will make me more upset.

Examples? I have a incredible love for Rarity, i just love her character. So when i feel bad, i go to Google and search for Rarity haters. I then read what these haters are writing, which plunges me deeper into depression.

I have a tendency for this. For me, it's a focus on sad moments in video games. For instance, re-watching the ending to Spec Ops: The Line. (Kinda hard to explain without spoilers, but it's a super-emotionally-heavy "You're a failure" moment)

But I think one thing that gets me out of this is seeing some good, cartoony animations. I've moved away from MLP, but Wander over Yonder and Teen Titans Go have been doing it for me. Also, silly Source Filmmaker / Garry's Mod videos of the Team Fortress 2 cast.

Obsessive fanboying is good for the soul  :catface: 

Honestly, fanboying over Rarity is just so...fun.

I've fought Rarity hate head-on for almost as long as I've been in the fandom, and it's gotten hella stressful. I've had people send me hate mail because of it, actually. I mean, I guess a lot of people know how much I defend Rarity from the stupid hate, but people don't really seem to notice that I let the fair criticisms slide, and think "Oh, they said something bad about Rarity, inb4 ghostie." but that's not really how it works.

Rambling aside, it's pretty stressful and has made people dislike me sometimes, it seems, and that's never fun. I've gotten hate mail for it, and it hurt to read, but I guess I just powered through.

I wouldn't really have been able to power through, though, if I wasn't always placing orders for new merch, looking through fan art of her, and what not. 

It was like this before I became active in the fandom, though. I've always been a bit depressed, battling with this heart problem and all, but gahh, Rarity has made things so much better  :catface: 

Hence, my motto: "Obsessive fanboying is good for the soul" because there's a lot of truth to that statement :D

Listen to music, watch MLP, get comfort from my closest friends (online because I don't have close relationships IRL), play video games, organize my emotions logically and consider what I'm sorrowing over, take a nap, or watch YouTube.

When I get sad, I write sad fan fictions.

If I don't write sad fan fictions, I play video games to feel better about myself.

And don't judge me for this one, but, when I feel sad I inflict dire punishments against my OC if all else fails to make me happier.

Curl up in a ball of sadness, covered in blankets, while listening to thunder storms on YouTube.

When in a saddened state, I tend to either not be able to move much or I shower much too often. 

I prefer to keep myself away from others while in a vulnerable state, so rather than browsing forums and such, I'd probably watch a movie instead and not post many updates or talk to many friends.

This applies if I'm really, really sad, though. Nothing is generally different if I'm just in a bad mood. Maybe I'll be grumpy but that's about all.

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes

Oh man... Really depends on the degree. If it's something mild, talking to friends can help. If that doesn't work, listening to music and singing tends to do help. If it gets really bad, it usually ends up with me looking at NSFW stuff but if I'm not careful, that could end up in making things worse. Usually at that point I just lay in bed regardless of what hour it is and hopefully my thoughts will dull down to the point I'll start to feel tired and go to sleep. The part about going to bed to dull down my thoughts is THE last resort because while it tends to be very effective at bringing me back up to an acceptable emotional level, it can really mess up my routine for a few days as I struggle to re-adjust my body clock.

When I'm feeling sad, I'll force myself to do things that make me happy. ^^

Have a favorite game? Play the crud out of it.

Favorite song? Listen to it while you play your favorite game.

Favorite food? Eat it while listening to that favorite song while playing your favorite game.

Just make yourself do things that you know make you happy.

Even if you don't really feel like doing them, make yourself do them if you know they make you happy.

Or, you know, if you actually know what's making you sad;

talk to a close friend or family member, that's what they're here for, you know? ^^

They love you, they'll listen like no other. ^^

Hope this helps you out, bro! Being down in the dumps is a total bummer. (\

• 4 years later...