Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

Of course not. Why be afraid of the inevitable? All that lives, dies. And as someone who sees Death as just the beginning of another journey---well... let's just say I'm adventurous!

I look forward to dying!

Edited by Momento Mori

I guess this is something I always wanted to experience, it's just my secret curiosity, I want to know what happens after death, even though I believe in life after death.

Being dead (the thought of it) doesn't bother me...it's the 'how' part of it.

The thought of being ill for a long time or getting so old that my quality of life is crap is what worries me. Similarly, thinking of a violent death (car accident or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time when someone decides to go on a shooting rampage) worries me.

Not anymore. I’m more scared of living forever, I know nobody does obviously but the concept of existing for ever and ever with no end in sight, no matter what happens around you, really terrifies me. Which is why I’m glad death is a thing and I’m ready to accept it when my time comes. I’d rather not die young or unnaturally though, I fear that.

I think on some level, we all do. While the prospect of dying isn't very daunting, we all have to remember: most of us here are pretty young; we know we aren't going to be dying any time soon. I think a lot of people here fear death more than they realize, but they also realize that death is so far away that it's not a problem worth worrying about yet. 

With that said, I would say that I do fear death, but it's not very high on my list of concerns. When I turn 80, then we can talk about that.

Not at all, I am more concerned with alternative interpretations of the afterlife than I am MANY things, I don't fear pain, I actually enjoy it, but I don't want to be disrespected or dishonored, I fear that more than death, I fear crocodile tears in my stead, false words, and having a physical monument with any connection or reference to my existence. I think we fear how we will leave the world in "what ifs" not, "but I"

As a Muslim I do not fear death. The only longing I will have is to live longer to do more good actions and worship, praise, and glorify God more for all that He has given me in life and promised me to come thereafter for my hard efforts in this world. Also, I pray that God makes it easy on me for the trials I will have to go through to answer for all the bad things I have said and done in this life.

Edited by Shabb3r

• 1 month later...

I sed to but then I realized that it doesn't serve much of a purpose most that you get out of me is the involuntary physical reflex that humans have on dangerous situations to preserve life

I've been afraid of dying for the past eleven years which is why I take medication now to deal with the anxieties that I have. I still suffer from occasional mental breakdowns when it comes to my age issues resulting in me getting a nasty headache that takes a while to subside.

Do I fear dying? Oh goodness no, in fact, I look forward to it. Plus I'm a Mortician, I mean... come on, a Mortician scared of dying? Who ever heard of such a thing?

I'm a Pagan worshipper of Death, we see Death as the end of one journey and the beginning of another. It is a cycle, a rebirth, all that lives, dies. It is peace, it is balance....

If I wake up in the morning, I go "alright then, another day." and go on about it, but if I just happen to "wake up dead" well then that's just dandy too! It doesn't mean I won't give it my all while I'm here, but I look at Death as something fun to look foward to.

I am not sure if I am afraid of dying. It would be more accurate to say that I am afraid to disappear into nothingness. At the same time my body would be dead, so I guess at that point I am not going to be afraid of anything because there is not going to be me anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't fear death. It's natural and I'd like to accept it, but there are a lot of things that I'd like to do before my time comes.

You shouldn't fear Death itself... but the pain before dying... and the infinite blackness and silence after it...

(I've been there. Two times. It's really unsettling.)

Personally, I more fear of dying of the ones I love.
And this fear is not basically about dying, but from the nirvana, the not being. Also, from a point of view, losing the memories caused by anything can be a "half" perish.
I'm a skeptic person, but I hope dying is not he completely end. Because I don't want it for anyone, not being is a thing that no living creature (or entity) desires.

• 6 months later...

I don't necessarily fear death, I just fear how things'll be for my family and friends I leave behind, like, them missing me and wishing I was still there. Just the thought of all that and leaving them behind makes me feel really sad, so I try not to think about it. :sealed:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1