Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Miss About Being a Kid

~Vallo~

I miss staying up late as much as I want.

Having less homework.

Playing outside and hanging out with friends.

Always excited to watch Smackdown, on Fridays.

I miss being a kid so much. :(

• Brohoof 2

So, what I miss about being a kid.

I certainly miss my parents, for starters.

I miss not having Diabetes.

I miss being optimistic.

I miss having hope.

:(

Hang in there. Life can be tough, but you just have to keep your head up. Get up in life's face and tell him that he needs to learn who's boss. 

• Brohoof 1

There a lot more things I hated about being a kid than miss about it. I miss being amazed by everything. I miss Christmas being magical. I miss loving Fall.

• Brohoof 4

I miss when I didn't know Ratchet and Clank was so dirty. (To quote the arena fight scene in ToD,"I haven't seen 2 on 1 action like this since that new Courtney Gears film came out.")

I miss when girls were just girls

I miss not worrying about Deathclaws

I miss not having to worry about people offering sex or drugs

I miss not worrying about religion

I miss not worrying about politics

I miss when my favorite shows were still pumping out new episodes

I miss not being nostalgic about anything

I miss being able to sleep at night

I miss when "Swag" and "YOLO" didn't exist

I miss not having to talk in public

• Brohoof 6

I miss the simpler days when the scarriest thing I had to deal with was team rocket.

I would say that I miss field trips, but I plan random outings and adventures on my own.

I also miss the game of tag my group of friends and I used to play during recess from grades 5-7. We always played this unique game of tag just about every day during the long hour-long lunch recess. I still keep in contact regularly with one of them, but the group has gone quite a few different ways. I haven't met any of them besides my best friend since we separated and went to different high schools.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

As for me, not really having much to worry about. Being able to be hopeful for the future. Not yet understanding what true suffering in life is really like.

Of course, not everybody gets a childhood like that, but I did, and I wasted it away with whining about what was going on in my life at the time which was nothing in comparison. I didn't have to worry about the future, I just thought it would be normal and I could afford to be "whiny" at the time.

Things were normal. I miss things being normal.

• Brohoof 3

I miss those fridays when I return home from a hard in school, just waiting for my neighbors/friends to call me and do something, really! we were like 12 or more kids. We played soccer, we skated, used bikes, scooters, played videogames, played hide n' seek, freezed, cops and thieves, we played baseball, went to mcdonalds, watch TV or go the movies or just hang out in our neighborhood and had a good damn laugh.

We could do the same on saturday and some of us sunday, because we had school the next day, but when we were on summer vacations, the fun was infinite! all days playing and hanging around!

• Brohoof 2

There are a few things that I miss, mostly silly ones. But there are a few things that I would give anything to get back: the care-free life, ignorance and when the simple things in life matered and gave joy. I'm not going to go into much detail, because it's kind of.. hard to again remember the good ol' days, but believe me, those were the days. I also had someone in the past, that I trusted and loved, which I do not have today, but that's another story.

• Brohoof 1

I miss having summers off.

I miss the patience people tend to have with you when you're a kid.  As an adult we still encounter situations new to us, procedures we know nothing about, and we fumble sometimes.  If a kid does it, the reaction tends to be a smile, and then aid.  If an adult does it, the reaction is anger or frustration, impatience, and if any help is rendered it's grudging as hell.

I miss thinking the world was a nice place run by people who knew what they were doing.

I miss being able to spend hundreds of hours on a game, like Final Fantasy VII, without feeling at all guilty about it.

I miss falling asleep in the car while my folks drove me around.

I miss the uncomplicated friendships of childhood, when you weren't worrying so much about what they thought of you.  You just got together pretty much every day after school and hung out.  You did whatever you felt like.  Played video games, walked down to the corner store and bought candy and temporary tattoos, sat in a big pile of legos and built spaceships... 

I miss the feeling that I could do or be anything, 'once I get out of school.'  

• Brohoof 2

I miss talking about sex without even knowing what the hell it was! i just used the word because it sounded cool  :o

Thats all i can really think of right now!

• Brohoof 3

I miss being so naive.

I miss not having any worries at all.

I miss feeling that after finished school, I could do whatever I wanted. Stupid reality...

I miss just talking to friends about anything.

I miss being able to do nothing and not feel guilty.

I think I'm gonna go mope now.

• Brohoof 2

I miss not having to worry about the future.  Aside from schoolwork, there was never anything I had to do to secure my career path (job/college applications, portfolio construction, etc.) and I could spend an entire weekend playing games without a second thought.

• Brohoof 2

When you are young you have no idea about anything

Drugs, murder, rape, torture, what happened in history etc.

The world is always a great place and you never see the wrong in anybody

You don't usually hold grudges and all that it takes to owe up to someone

Is just a simple apology and everything seems greater again

The biggest worries you ever have are losing your favorite toy, missing your favorite TV show, and learning how to read

You don't feel the need to make a difference and you don't think about life or death in general

All that it takes to give you a smile is a set of marbles or toy soilders from the dollar store

and All you wanna do is eat some candy, play with your friends or siblings, and grow up

That life you live, so much more positively, everything is picture perfect, even in the bitter times of your life

Just that feel that everything is simple and can work out well for you, that's pretty much what I miss about being a child

Edited by Dat Moog
  • Brohoof 2

The things I miss?

-being adorable

-having fun

-not caring about my looks, and anything else

-no drama

-school was easier

-not having to get a job or be pushed into adulthood

-not caring in general

-playing with toys with my friends

-living next to my bestfriend (That's how we met, obviously)

-No worries

-no sluts, jocks, swagfags, or people having to have "style"

-being close to my parents

-being carried to bed

-having attention from the family

-not having serious work to do

-naps

-bottles, sippy cups

-having my parents do stuff for me

-being lazy all I wanted

-coloring

-having close friends that wont leave you cause of drama

-not having strict teachers

-only having kinder garden in the morning and leaving early

-not having to be aware of certain illnesses that you can get as an adult or teens

-no periods

-no puberty

-no cramps

-having my mom and dad take care of me when I am sick instead of them thinking im faking or telling me to suck it up ._.

• Brohoof 4

there are so many things I really miss about being a kid

first off

the tv show

that was the best bucking show I have ever seen as a kid and I REALLY miss it a lot :(

another thing I miss about being a kid is pretty much...

having a good memory... :/

I'm forgetting things way too easily these days :/

• Brohoof 2