Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Miss About Being a Kid

~Vallo~

The thing I miss most about being a kid is ~FREEDOM~

The happiest time of my life so far was about a quarter of a year in 2nd grade. I'm not saying that I'm not currently happy since my life has been going quite smoothly. I say that the last 4 months of my 2nd grade year was the happiest time of my life because it was the most free I remember ever being. The house I was living in at the time had a swimming pool, and I would wake up in the morning and just jump into it in my pajamas. My friends would come over all the time and everyday was very relaxed and great. There was not a damn speck of stress or even a sense of responsibility. It was beyond-the-top easygoing, and I totally missed that about being a kid.

Actually, I am technically still a kid (I'm 16) but being a kid now is not the same as being a kid then -_-

• Brohoof 1

No freaking responsibility. No worrying if you're gonna have enough money to pay the bills, or worrying about how your boss is gonna screw you over -this- time, or figuring out when the hell you're gonna fit the shopping in in between work. Sick of that crap. I suppose I could avoid that by getting a better job (working on it) but when I was young, it was a given, not something you have to work against and to be cautious to avoid.

Also, working with kids makes me realize how self-centered they are. And they don't even realize it and don't even care. I'm not saying that I want to be a self-centered person, but I wish I could have the luxury or not having to think about everyone else, once in a while.

• Brohoof 1

Almost nothing.  Being an adult is WAY better than being a kid.  I would work at my job for free before I'd go back to high school.  School just had too many darn people.

I kinda miss when I was younger and I was really smart and good at schoolwork and liked reading.  I was much less stupid when I was younger oddly.  And I guess I miss when I was real little and I could just play a lot.

But yeah, it's nice being an adult and not having to be dragged to places I don't want to go, and listen to teachers talk and make that awful "Shh!" noise that made my blood boil.

• Brohoof 2

I dont miss very much my childhood was bare i spent most of it in a trance-like state.... But i miss being able to read and play pokemon for all hours of the day. Being able to show up anyone within a 5-year age difference in any subject.... I was a pretty smart kid but then it all changed lol I blame the music that came after the 90's.

(edited)

I miss when my father appreciated me.

I miss having a great outlook on life.

I miss my wife who was my best friend since I was a very young child.

I miss the innocence I had from never doing anything wrong.

I miss when my brother didn't drink so much.

I miss my homeland.

Mainly I miss my wife and how innocent I was. I never did anything wrong when I was a kid, and the girl who would be my later wife was my best friend. One of the best times of my life.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer

(edited)

Being able to ride on big dogs. (I did that all the time...)

Parents caring about me.

Having more spare time.

Being able to act like an idiot and be myself around my peers without being judged. I mean, I automatically dislike most humans now that my innocent view on the world is gone, and I feel stupid for acting like that, but it was still kinda nice, I guess.

Etc.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

i miss crash bandicoot games. I miss my friends and the fact i could do everything without hearing people whining and the interest in school. But noi i care for nothing at all, except for my loved one.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the kind of person who has a weird built-in system inside of his brain that automatically erases all the things I would think about, but never get back. So I can't say I miss anything, since there's no point in longing for something that's impossible to get. Just forget it and move on.

• 8 months later...

I miss my family... when I was a kid, all my family still loved me and they were all still alive.. now they are dead or hate me so.. 

I also miss, when my grandma would make jam or pie.. ohh pie.

I also miss my mom. but she is in a better place..

Hmm.... 

I found it easier to make friends when I was a kid than now. Miss the days of coming home and playing outside with old neighborhood buddies till nighttime that was tons of fun. 

In general I do enjoy being older now more freedom and much more knowledge of the things around you of the experiences you faced in the past. You learn a lot of things from being a kid and going through the years of school to the first few years out of high school. For some high school may have been enjoyable but for me was not a time I'd redo. Maybe only to see my old friends but otherwise I am happy with where I am at now in my life.

• Brohoof 1

I miss... EVERYTHING! I miss playing with my friends all the time and pretending that we were animals and dragons. THAT IS JUST 1 FROM THE LIST OF INFINITY!

Edited by noodlepup3
  • Brohoof 1

• Waking up on Saturday mornings to watch Pokemon. 

Having no responsiblities whatsoever.

Being carefree, and having no worries.

Visiting extended family at Christmas time. 

Visiting my grandparents, and cousins several times a year. 

I must be one of the few people who misses the following:

• Absolutely nothing.

There is really nothing I miss about my childhood at all and I am 150% that it is behind me. It was a horrible time where I understood nothing and constantly was in pain from crippling anxiety and terrible parenting. My childhood was horrid and I am glad to have actually blossomed out of it as a somewhat functioning adult. Everything makes more sense now, and my emotions control me less. Now I can think much more clearly and know that I'm NOT responsible for all of the bad things I used to feel and what happened to me. Before, I couldn't even begin to understand that.

I am glad that I have changed a lot from those dark times, and wish to leave that person behind. 

But really, I'm still kind of childish anyways. In the sense that I'm super naive due to lack of life experience (as a child, my parents HATED exerting any sort of effort for me. Including taking me places) and can be said to be "innocent" as all the positive things people say about children. I act like some strange teenager hybrid and I doubt that'll ever change. :3 And besides that, I'm still really just a kid to like... 90% of everyone I interact with. (Most of them are middle-aged, so they consider us 20-somethings to be mere children still.)

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

• 6 years later...

No real responsibilities, no complicated relationships, more free time to do fun things, generally happier, and this: 

57 minutes ago, Blivy said:

I miss not having to worry about money so darn much! 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Nothing literally if anything I was too mature as a kid I'm much more of a kid now. No responsibilities, lot of free time, plenty of money to do what I enjoy doing while as a kid I had nothing just homework. While now I can literally spend all day watching anime, playing video games all I do is enjoy my day all day every day I would never give that up to become a kid with nothing but worrying about everything pointless.

• Brohoof 2

I miss everything. The people I’ll never see again, the freedom, the ignorant bliss, the easiness of everything, the time outdoors, the roof I used to sit on, the snowball fights and pools and sprinklers, the joy, the limitless imagination, the games, the carefreeness— 

But life goes on, and I’m happy where I am now.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My grandparents

Going to my grandparents’ house in the mornings to eat breakfast. 

How holidays felt as a kid. 

My childhood pets

The friends I had. 

Saturday morning cartoons. 

Mr. Rogers 

How I didn’t feel so alone. 

How time didn’t matter cause everything seemed so far away. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Everything except school and church. Society's expectations of an adult shouldn't exist. The lives the government has set up for us is bullshit. I've already gotten stuck pretty far in their trap but I'll never stop trying to free myself.

Edited by BlankFlank777
  • Brohoof 3