1. 1. Who of the Mane Six has the best songs/voice

• Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbowdash
    • Applejack

Voted AJ, RD, and Rarity.

Never really liked Twilight's singing voice. Maybe just because it's not Tara Strong, I don't know. It just sounds wrong to me.

AJ's a really underrated singer. Sure, 'Raise this Barn' is filler and isn't going to be anyone's favourite song, but AJ sounds great in it. She has the best bit in A True True Friend and sounds fantastic in At the Gala too.

Art of the Dress was the first song on the show I really liked, so Rarity gets a vote too. I like her voice, it's more classical-sounding than the others, nice contrast. Surprised she's got the most votes actually.

RD, argh. Her singing voice is absolutely adorable. THEY NEED TO GIVE ASHLEIGH BALL MORE FREAKING SONGS

I'm normally not that big a fan of Pinkie, but Smile Smile Smile is my favourite song.

Fluttershy... it's not that I don't like her, it's mainly that I just can't think of anything interesting she's done, any parts where I thought "wow she's a good singer".

• Brohoof 2

No question, IMO, that Rarity's the best here- I love her in "The Art of the Dress". Though I may have voted for Sweetie Belle if she was an option.  (Guess it runs in the family)

Pretty tough decision on the voice but I'd have to go with Fluttershy and her soft singing voice and AJ and her awesome voice. These just slightly ahead of Rarity and Rainbow.

The singing voices of Twilight and Pinkie are still good but I find them a little bland (for Twi) and quirky (for Pinkie).

As for songs by a Mane Six member, Rarity wins hands down.

Well, I always liked Fluttershy's voice the best, although I haven't seen much of the series.

I can't wait to hear more of Rarity's singing, though, because all of you love it so much!

Sweetie Belle takes the cake in my opinion, though.

EDIT_____________

I TAKE IT BAAAACK!

Although I still love Fluttershy and Twilight's voices, I heard Rarity's solo from Sweet and Elite today, and she's just... just... AMAZING!!!!

If only there was a way to change my vote...

Edited by True Rarity

I think that Twilight is the best in terms on consistancy (sorry if I spelt that wrong), but only because she gets the most attention.

My favourite voice, by far, is AJ's in Magical Mystery Cure. No other episodes, just that one. Her part in What my Cutie Mark is Telling Me is amazing - has anyone else noticed the high note that the singer hits on the word destiny? Amazing. Also, as I think someone said before, she has the best part in A True, True Friend. Again, she hits high notes, and I think she is really underrated.

• Brohoof 1

Michelle Creber, the voice actress and singer for Apple Bloom and singer for Sweetie Belle, could seriously be the lead in some Disney princess animated musical movie. I think she should be a mainstream household name like that, even with her being as young as she is.

I'd have to say Rarity has the most pleasing voice based on the songs I've heard so far. For a song about dressmaking of all things, Art of the Dress was a pretty cool tune. :D

I picked three:

Twilight - She has an all-around beautiful voice.

Rarity - She has a gorgeous, operatic quality to her voice.

Applejack - Because it's Ashleigh singing with an accent, and she's an amazing singer.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the main 6 you're opinion only.

I say rarity or maybe fluttershy. I also really liked twilight's voice in the Morning in Ponyville song.

I like all their voices but that's just my opinion  

• Brohoof 2

Rarity sounds horrible. She ruined the season 3 finale songs with her outrageously bad voice. Same with Pinkie Pie.

I love Rainbow Dash's voice.

• Brohoof 2

Twilights voice is the best in my opinion especially loves her singing in the Seasin 3 finale the starting song and the second one, forgot the names of them. I also loves Celestias singing voice aswell.

• Brohoof 2

Out of the singing voices of the Mane Six, I think I'd have to go with Twilight Sparkle, even though Pinkie Pie did amazingly in 'Smile!'.
However, I think we all know who truly holds the crown. Ms. Michelle Creber, aka Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle~!

• Brohoof 2

Rarity sounds horrible. She ruined the season 3 finale songs with her outrageously bad voice. Same with Pinkie Pie.

I love Rainbow Dash's voice.

That's just your opinion. You better talk safe while talking about your 'opinion'.

@, Celestia! Yay! I really love her voice. I'm wondering how good it will be if Luna sings. :wub:

It's hard to tell. Each of the Mane Six has their own characteristic. One has a nice smooth, and soft voice, while another has an energetic and spirited voice. Applejack with her country, and Rarity with her lady voice. It's hard to tell which one is the best, since in music, composition is the one which determines the quality of the music.

Pinkie in 'Smile' is great.

Cause I~ love to see~ you beam~ beam~ beam~

Yes I do~

Tell me what more can I say~ to make~ you~ see~

That I do~

My reaction whenever I hear that part :

post-10241-0-66386600-1367551872.gif

It somehow crushes my heart. :lol:

Rarity in 'Art of the Dress' is nice as well. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in 'May the Best Pet Wins' is a good example on how a good composition can brings glory into a song.

Man... hard to tell. I love them all. The best composition, from both music and voices, in my opinion, is 'The Ballad of the Crystal Empire'. :wub:

But I think I will go with, if not Pinkie Pie, Celestia, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight, Applejack, Luna or Rainbow Dash. Dang it! That's almost all of them. D:

Well, worth it.

• Brohoof 2

Ashleigh Ball. Her Rainbow Dash is better than her Applejack, just because it's just her singing, rather than trying to do an accent. I haven't heard a MLP singer that I don't like, but I just enjoy all of Dash's parts a little bit more than the rest.

It has taken me a few listens to get on board with some of Rarity's parts, but it's more because I don't relate to the character, not that I don't like the voice.

• Brohoof 2

That's just your opinion. You better talk safe while talking about your 'opinion'.

@, Celestia! Yay! I really love her voice. I'm wondering how good it will be if Luna sings. wub.png

It's hard to tell. Each of the Mane Six has their own characteristic. One has a nice smooth, and soft voice, while another has an energetic and spirited voice. Applejack with her country, and Rarity with her lady voice. It's hard to tell which one is the best, since in music, composition is the one which determines the quality of the music.

Pinkie in 'Smile' is great.

Cause I~ love to see~ you beam~ beam~ beam~

Yes I do~

Tell me what more can I say~ to make~ you~ see~

That I do~

My reaction whenever I hear that part :

It somehow crushes my heart. laugh.png

Rarity in 'Art of the Dress' is nice as well. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in 'May the Best Pet Wins' is a good example on how a good composition can brings glory into a song.

Man... hard to tell. I love them all. The best composition, from both music and voices, in my opinion, is 'The Ballad of the Crystal Empire'. wub.png

But I think I will go with, if not Pinkie Pie, Celestia, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight, Applejack, Luna or Rainbow Dash. Dang it! That's almost all of them. D:

Well, worth it.

This is what this thread is about, right? Opinions about the singing voices?

And yeah, that is indeed my opinion, and why should i be "talk safe"? Then its not my true opinion anymore.

Rarity's singing voice is horrible.

Weeeeellll its a tie between Rarity and Twilight but.... Twilight wins due to the fact that i cannot get BBBFF outa my head for anything...

This is what this thread is about, right? Opinions about the singing voices?

And yeah, that is indeed my opinion, and why should i be "talk safe"? Then its not my true opinion anymore.

Rarity's singing voice is horrible.

I didn't say that you shouldn't post opinions. Heck, that's what I just did as well. Consider about using the word "I think" or "In my opinion" or something similar. See how you will look nicer, more kind, and sounds less rude with that. :)

• Brohoof 1