1. 1. Who of the Mane Six has the best songs/voice

• Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbowdash
    • Applejack

• 1 month later...

So the question is who sings the best and comes up with the songs you like the most or their singing voice is just music to your ears? For me I like Fluttershy the most even though she didn't sing many songs of her own. It's mainly because I just like her voice. I would loop and re-hear her do her lullaby and throw her pitch briefly on that Philomena episode.

Edited by poniesforfun

This question is so hard :blink:

I guess I’d have to choose between which song I like more? I love Art of the Dress, I can’t remember the name of the song Chrysalis sang in A Royal Canterlot Wedding, but that was just epic, and Pinkie Pie’s Smile Song is probably the most positive thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. Can I just choose the entire cast? :P

Rarity's singing voice (provided by Kasumi Evans) is for me the number one singing voice in this series. In fact, my two favourite songs are sung by her: "Art of the Dress" and "Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know)". Honourable mention also goes the the person who sang as Sweetie Belle in "Hush Now, Quiet Now". I don't think it was Claire Corlett herself, but I might be wrong.

Edit: @Clarity - Ah, thanks for that, it was Michelle Creber who sang as Sweetie Belle. What a wonderful voice to have at that age!

Edited by Full Spectrum

This question is so hard :blink:

I guess I’d have to choose between which song I like more? I love Art of the Dress, I can’t remember the name of the song Chrysalis sang in A Royal Canterlot Wedding, but that was just epic, and Pinkie Pie’s Smile Song is probably the most positive thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. Can I just choose the entire cast? :P

You can try thinking who's voice you like to hear the most if the content and choice of the song is too hard to choose. :)

100 minimum ahhhhh

I think there's already a topic like this, but I'll still post here, I guess.

Honourable mention also goes the the person who sang as Sweetie Belle in "Hush Now, Quiet Now". I don't think it was Claire Corlett herself, but I might be wrong.

Sweetie Belle's singer is Michelle something, who also voices Apple Bloom.

My favorite singers are Pinkie Pie and Rarity tied. Reason I didn't say AJ is because...well, she has no songs. Plus, I thought Ashleigh was the singer of a band--she mentioned in an interview that she sang AJ as her normal voice without the accent, and yet I didn't think it was so good. :/

You can try thinking who's voice you like to hear the most if the content and choice of the song is too hard to choose. :)

100 minimum ahhhhh

Ahhhhh voice! I see, I didn’t read the topic quite right. If we are talking about which pony I think has the best singing voice then I think it’s Rarity, she out of the Mane 6 has my favorite singing voice. :D

I think there's already a topic like this, but I'll still post here, I guess.

Sweetie Belle's singer is Michelle something, who also voices Apple Bloom.

My favorite singers are Pinkie Pie and Rarity tied. Reason I didn't say AJ is because...well, she has no songs. Plus, I thought Ashleigh was the singer of a band--she mentioned in an interview that she sang AJ as her normal voice without the accent, and yet I didn't think it was so good. :/

Ah thanks for telling me about Michelle Creber. Well, AJ sang few lines at the beginning of and during the "Winter Wrap Up" song, and since RD is also voiced by her, her part in "Find A Pet" also counts.

I can't decide between Pinkie, Dash and Twilight. Dash's solo in At the Gala blew away all the others, the Smile song was incredible and Love is in Bloom might be my favorite song in the show. This may change when Rainbow gets another song

Well, I can't really personally consider any of them to be composers, but as far as singing goes I've always loved Rarity's singing the most. She has such a mature and refined singing voice that it's simply a joy to hear her sing every time she does, especially for somepony like me (I've been a choir singer for years, so I really appreciate a good voice when I hear one). The only other individual pony's voice that comes close to besting hers for me is Sweetie Belle's, and the only reason it hasn't is because her singing voice, while also fantastic (I mean, c'mon, is it really a mystery what her cutie mark is going to be for?), simply isn't as refined yet. But, I do love it whenever any of them sing, really, it's simply one of those things that makes the show stand out like it does from all others. :D

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony

Rarity is my favorite pony singer. It doesn't exactly hurt that some of the best songs are hers, either. Second would be Twilight, followed by Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack in last. The main reason Applejack is in last is because she hasn't really had a chance to shine yet.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

well, the mane 6 are all pretty good singers,so i was wondering what who you guys think is the best singer.

in my opinion i think rarity is the best singer, shes got a really good singing voice.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight, I don't know what it is about her voice, but I really love it for somereason :P. Maybe its her songs to, they are all pretty good in my opinion. But even as much as I love Fluttershy, I really love Twilights voice better.

I actually like Pinkies voice a bit better then Fluttershy's even.

They're all really good singers though :).

I like them all, but I'll stick with Pinkie, simply bacause whenever she sings it makes me happy. Literally. It's the voice, music and words, not only singing, but still. I usually don't have any real and noticable emotional reaction to music.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash, go to the youtube video for At the Gala and take a drink every time one of the comments talks about how amazing her part is. Or don't, if you want to live :).

You now have my impartial and unbiased opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy has the most natural talent of the Mane 6, it just seems that Twilight, who was against singing in the first episodes, has done the MOST singing of them all. I still believe that Fluttershy has the best voice, and is nice when paired with Rainbow Dash.

I have to post this again because, well, words cannot describe its perfection. This time around it's not just because the best pony's in it with her blissful voice, but because it's the embodiment of the show's spirit and brightness. Did I mention it's the most popular song on Youtube for a Mane 6 character? Oh, just listen to it and smile smile smile.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash, go to the youtube video for At the Gala and take a drink every time one of the comments talks about how amazing her part is. Or don't, if you want to live :).

You now have my impartial and unbiased opinion.

Exactly, but maybe that is just her lead in... the trumpets and the rock music amplify her singing and give me goosebumps every time... But I am honestly conflicted between Dashie and Applejack, they are both so great. I think I am giving it to Rainbow Dash though. Her voice is completely unmelodic which sounds like a bad thing, but it means that there isn't a HUGE transition between non-singing character and singing character (like twilight) and it is just cute.