167 users have voted

1. 1. Who of the Mane Six has the best songs/voice

• Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbowdash
    • Applejack

This is one of the few times I am not voting for Applejack, I still her and she and all the Mane 6 sound pretty good but I think my vote is going to Twilight Sparkle. I just love that voice, it just seems to work for all kinds of different songs.

Twilight. There's a reason she's likely to lead in a group song. I can't believe Pinkie is ranked higher than Applejack, though.

It's probably because of the sheer multitude of songs that Pinkie sings. And of course the Smile song. Applejack actually only has one song to herself, thinking about it.

I would say Pinkie, because she's my favorite Pony (and she sings SO much), but I honestly think that Fluttershy probably has the best singing voice. She even sounded awesome as a filly, so I think it's clear that she wins. ;) We rarely get to hear her, but I think her voice honestly works best out of all of the ponies for singing. Of course, I could be slightly biased because most of my favorite remixes are Fluttershy..But really - So Many Wonders, Find a Pet..not to mention her mini-duet with Hummingway. ;) That pony can SING.

I voted for Rarity, both because her singing voice has a special click to it and because they don't let Applejack or Rainbow Dash sing enough since they'd totally wipe the floor with the rest of their competion

Edited by Megas75

I'm probably biased towards Fluttershy, but I'm saying Fluttershy anyways.  I thought the Find A Pet song was amazing as well as the other rare times when Fluttershy is allowed to sing (except for maybe the song she sings as a filly, but that's less Fluttershy's voice and more the song itself).

I'd say Pinkie Pie, (Which would also count as Fluttershy, since they're both voiced by the same person.) or Twilight. Both I feel can sing exceptionally well. I just like the way both of their voices sound.

• Brohoof 1

I know all the voice actors (most actors in the universe lol) have had Voice Training in music, but Rarity sounds like the Pony with the most voice training. Twilight is second because her voice sounds like it is purely talent with no work or effort.

Edited by bunnybuzki

Well to say Applejack and RainbowDash are voiced by a singer... ... ...

I would have to say that in my opinion, Rarity takes the lead, followed extremely closely by Twilight. It's probably a tie...actually. But I voted Rarity, caus, you know, Rarity. 

I'm honestly surprised this topic hasn't been raided by RainbowDash fangirls/boys screaming in shouting how she is the best at everything...

• Brohoof 1

You guys really don't have a clue what you're up against do you?

RAINBOW DASH and APPLE JACK

you do know she is the lead singer of a band right? that pretty much proves it there...

BTW: It's "Hey Ocean"

Andrea Libman is a singer too. idk if she's in a band or nething but she also sings pinkie pie's songs too. i wish i could find professional material from andrea but... can't.

• Brohoof 1

Andrea Libman is a singer too. idk if she's in a band or nething but she also sings pinkie pie's songs too. i wish i could find professional material from andrea but... can't.

Not to be a timberwolf at a tea party, but Andrea Libman doesn't sing for Pinkie Pie. She's the voice actor for sure, but she doesn't sing Pinkie songs. Instead she sings Fluttershy's only (which you can SO tell most of the time) 

The end credits of the show state that "Shannon Chan-Kent" is the singing voice of Pinkie Pie. Whoever the hay that is I dont know, but that's just what the show is telling me. 

• 1 month later...

There's been a lot of group vocal songs from the show (Winter Wrap Up, At the Gala) but each pony of the mane 6 has had a chance to do at least one solo song (Find a Pet barely qualifies for Rainbow Dash). So if you add up each solo song that each pony has done WHO is your favorite vocalist of the mane 6 or simply which pony's songs did you like the best? 

tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

Rarity. I love that vocalist to pieces it's hilarious. She has a few songs, but the vocalist pulls it off so perfectly that it's amazing the way it is.

Close runner-up is Twilight Sparkle.

I had to put Twilight as she often has slightly sadder songs that a bit more impacting. Pinkie's are silly, Rarity's are stylish, and Fluttershy's are pretty but Twi edges them out in range and a bit more emotional depth.

It is pretty close. I can't decide between Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Twilight.

In my opinion, all of the Mane 6 are good vocalists. But I have to say, Twilight because of her impact on sad songs.

While her songs themselves may not be my favorite of the show's (that honor still probably goes to "Smile, Smile, Smile"), as a vocalist myself, I've always absolutely loved Rarity's singing voice.  It's just such a mature and incredibly refined singing voice compared to the rest of the Mane 6's.  Make no mistake, though, I love all of their singing voices, but Rarity's simply outshines the rest of them for me, so when it comes to solo songs, I especially get excited when Rarity gets to sing. biggrin.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Howdy folks!

To me I liked Rebecca Shiochet (Twilight's singing voice) & Kazumi Evans (Rarity's singing voice) as they gave depth in their songs.

No offense to Shannon Chan Kent who sings Pinike's songs or Ashliegh Ball (RD & AJ) & Andrea Libman (Fluttershy)

These ladies did great as well. img-1279202-1-smile.png

There are 2 other songs (Non mane 6) That I went WOW!! (My Jaw dropped)  and thats Nicole Oliver (Princess Celestia's Ballad in the S3 Finale Magical Mystery Cure) & Britt McKillip (Princess Cadence/This Day Aria from A Canterlot Wedding). wub.png

As long as they sing more in S4 im all fer that!

See ya!

Edited by OtakuBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Tough choice between Twilight and Rarity, but I'll go with Twilight considering that I listen to her songs outside watching the show more often. That high note she does in Winter Wrap Up is awesome, and BBBFF is so emotional, and Love Is In Bloom is the perfect ending to the bestest episode. I love the failure song as well, but more for the instrumentals than the singing.

On a related note, I want more Cadence songs.

Pinkie pie songs are adorable! But truly, all of the mane six sound better together than separate.

I mean Winter Wrap Up is an awesome song, and they are all singing together.

I like crusader songs better though xD

I choose Rainbow Dash for her rendition of Saria's Song

But really I'm gonna go with Rarity on this, her voice is just so beautiful, it never fails to send chills down my spine.

Still, I hope that we eventually get a true Rainbow Dash song soon.....

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2