Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Newborn Cuties Didn't Exist, Would Generation 3 Get More Respect?

Denim&Venöm

Everytime someone mentions previous geberations I see flash in my head of those newborn cuties. I personally think they look pretty scary. So maybe people just go with the strongest of their mindsets of the previous generations and base their opinion about then on that.

I think that aside from newborn cuties the previous generations are pretty good, but not lot of people delve into the previous generations deeply. They maybe just google some of them and if they see something stronly unappealing to them it may overcome the not so strongly affective emotions generated by other generations that they dont know much and because of that they may generalize all previous generations based on that one negative emotion that they get

That will happen only if not further research on the previous generations are done and im not saying that all people that dont like previous generations are like this. This is just a possibility that i thought of.

• Brohoof 2

Everytime someone mentions previous geberations I see flash in my head of those newborn cuties. I personally think they look pretty scary. So maybe people just go with the strongest of their mindsets of the previous generations and base their opinion about then on that.

I think that aside from newborn cuties the previous generations are pretty good, but not lot of people delve into the previous generations deeply. They maybe just google some of them and if they see something stronly unappealing to them it may overcome the not so strongly affective emotions generated by other generations that they dont know much and because of that they may generalize all previous generations based on that one negative emotion that they get

That will happen only if not further research on the previous generations are done and im not saying that all people that dont like previous generations are like this. This is just a possibility that i thought of.

no offence my friend. "geberations"

I have no idea what Newborn cuties is but I guess its an old mlp show? 

Edited by BronyAssassin
  • Brohoof 1

I have no idea what Newborn cuties is but I guess its an old mlp show?

Basically it's generation 3.5 of the animated series. A recent halloween special of Bronies React covered it nicely. It's pretty bad.

Answering the OP, I do think that G3 calls to mind the Newborn Cuties series which may have some impact on how people view G3 as a whole.

• Brohoof 2

No. Even without G3.5, G3'll still be reviled because it panders to and objectifies young girls, the audience Hasbro claims it speaks for.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

No. Even without G3.5, G3'll still be reviled because it panders to and objectifies young girls, the audience Hasbro claims it speaks for.

Now 21st century, more male fans instead of female fans...

yeah because newborn cuties was made because of budget cut I saw one episode and it had a terrible plot, bad animation, and worse voice acting I have ever seen

and I love G3 if they just kept what they were doing G3 wouldn't be at the ass of every joke

After watching G3 up to a Minty Christmas I think I can safely say: NO!!!! When you take G3.5 out of the equation G3 still sucked and it's a big black stain that gave My Little Pony in general the reputation it does today for those outside the fandom that make fun of us for it!

• Brohoof 2

Even if Newborn Cuties was somehow erased from history, the rest of G3 would still suck. The characters would still be simple recolours of each other, with the only things differentiating them from one another being their one-dimensional quirks, and their accent. It would still have terrible voice acting, (not to mention the singing,) all the characters would still be laughing at everything for no apparent reason, and the stories would still have little to no conflict with low stakes. (Oh no! All rainbow patterns are gone forever!)

Hell, you could argue that Newborn Cuties makes the rest of G3 look better, if it somehow managed to be worse than that.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe slightly more, because people wouldn't be able to associate it with newborn cuties, but honestly I think it would still be viewed as to girly. 

I've never watched it, so idk honestly how it really is, whether good or bad.

I do know newborn cuties is bad though, i've seen like 3 minutes, yeah I can't take anymore than that ;p.

No, I have seen many of the generation three movies, such as "Princess Promenade" and "A Very Minty Christmas", each film is a separate kind of hideousness, even if Lauren Faust was involved in Princess Promenade. The guild lines Hasbro gave at the time, and the film crews they hired, greatly limited the audience, and marginalized the franchise to young girls, barely self aware enough to judge good media from bad. Mr. Enter, a brony reviewer has reviewed many of generation three films, his thoughts of those films are shared by many bronies, young and old, the fact of the matter is people don't like to be patronized by media, based on gender or age combined, after a while we want something new, so after the fiasco of Princess Promenade, Lauren Faust would retool the franchise and out of that we got generation four, the only positive thing that generation three gave us, C.S. Lewis said once, "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children, is not a good children's story in the slightest."  

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much. Mr. Enter reviewed an episode of Newborn Cuties. Newborn Cuties I can't tolerate but regular G3 I can even though it's not that good. I don't like the design of Newborn Cuties I find it scary. They're not as scary as Annoying Orange but still very scary to me. It didn't feel like it would appeal to even little girls or even babies. Mr. Enter said it best.

I don't know about respect, but I do think people might look at G3 differently if it didn't exist

Then again I think people would look at G3 differently if 3.5 in general didn't exists

A bit.  A tiny bit more respect for having some restraint.

But those ponies look fat and skeletal at the same time, and the other ones have way too much hair and look like lumps of crud, and they all make me wanna throw up and cry at the same time and regret every life decision I've ever made and not sell deathsticks any more.  Those ponies stare into your soul, and they laugh at your weaknesses behind pastel facades of friendship.

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2014 at 3:44 AM, Denim&Venom said:

A simple question. 

if this:hqdefault.jpg

never existed,

would this:1834384550_My_Little_Pony_my_little_pony

Not be as hated?

541547__safe_g3-dot-5_once+upon+a+my+lit

Not sure, as it's a real fact that all the stigma that FiM faces comes mostly from G3 :huh: