Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most difficult game you've played?

FirstPonySpectre

when I was a kid I would play Gauntlet on Nintendo 64 and I always found that game hard I don't think I ever completed it but i was a kid and other than that of course there is good old Dark souls I don't think anyone can say they breezed through that game I sure didn't  :lol:  

I haven't played many games, so this'll be rather tricky to answer.

One game I can think of is first person shooters. I once owned one, but the final level frustrated me so much that I stopped playing upon the 50th time. It doesn't help that this game kind of damaged my controller. The silliest thing about all of this is it's actually easy for others.

Another one I can think of is the terribly outdated Crash Bandicoot. It has limited controls, a save point that's only available via bonus rounds, annoying enemies to face and collectibles that are not easy to obtain. It's in my opinion one of the more overrated PS1 games and doesn't deserve all of the praise it has gotten, but I digress.

the first rayman on ps1. havent really played a harder game since then.

Oh yes, this game was hard too! I can only make it to Bongo Hills. Despite it's frustrating difficulty, it's my favourite Rayman game. :P

• Brohoof 1

DARK SOULS. I am a very big gamer. I've played many, MANY, MANY games. im talking back to the atari, and for those who dont know what atari is. its the thing the made gaming a thing. They were some game consoles before the atari, but it was the console the made gaming a thing. seriously. you got your pong, your pac-man, your galatica, asteroids, and many more that could not be beat. (to my knowledge) hence the term you can't beat the classics because there was no end (again to my knowledge). Also, im into older games, but anywho, dark souls itself isnt that hard, takes awhile to get used to and a lot of deaths but once you get the hang of it its easier. the worst thing bout dying twice in a row, you lose all your souls if you didnt recover them before you died the second time. so all your hard work to get those souls gone just like that. Thats not the worst part though, dying is literally one mistake away through the ENTIRE GAME and you, also, need those souls to level up your character which can take MILLIONS OF SOULS FOR ONE LEVEL. I don't look up walkthroughs or anything (unless its something little like a certain weapon or something of little importance) for most games except for this one. This one I got so frustrated with it, yet too stubborn to put the game down i looked up the walkthroughs. made it somewhat easier, but still very difficult. there's not many games i havent played that i havent beat within a month (unless i got bored of it) and its been bout 5 months now off and on playing. get frustrated put the game down awhile and end up beating the section im stuck on as soon as i pick it up again. its an awesome game if you like a challenge and that relief when you finally beat that boss that you've been stuck on for the past 5 hours. now thats an awesome feeling. Euphoria, i think thats the word im looking for........sorry for rambling so much, i love video games with a passion.

Bayou Billy (NES).  I can't get past the first damned stage.  Ghosts n' Goblins (NES), Adventure Island (NES), Ninja Gaiden (NES), Castlevania III (NES)...  Starting to see a pattern? xD  I've actually completed the last two without save states (NG twice), but I'll likely never complete any of the others.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played many games, so this'll be rather tricky to answer.

One game I can think of is first person shooters. I once owned one, but the final level frustrated me so much that I stopped playing upon the 50th time. It doesn't help that this game kind of damaged my controller. The silliest thing about all of this is it's actually easy for others.

Another one I can think of is the terribly outdated Crash Bandicoot. It has limited controls, a save point that's only available via bonus rounds, annoying enemies to face and collectibles that are not easy to obtain. It's in my opinion one of the more overrated PS1 games and doesn't deserve all of the praise it has gotten, but I digress.

Oh yes, this game was hard too! I can only make it to Bongo Hills. Despite it's frustrating difficulty, it's my favourite Rayman game. :P

definitely my favorite rayman and one of my favorite games of all time. it was really difficult to beat -___-

i also really loved the soundtrack on that game

• Brohoof 1

Possibly the Final Fantasy games. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Final Fantasy. I've just never been able to beat any of the games. ><

the final fantasy series isn't particularly hard as long as you farm for exp and stuff like that. they older ones are very long. only ones ive beaten was FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Metal Gear Solid 1 classic. Oh my god. No other game took me so long to complete, The controls were horrible and the boss fights were incredibly hard for me. I never raged so much in my life. Im glad to have beaten it. 

I grew up with the NES, and lets just say that the term Nintendo hard is well justify.  It is difficult to be which one of the many absurdly difficult NES games I have played is the hardest, so I guess I will just have to go with Battletoads.  You could never beat level 3 on that thing, I from what I have heard, there are even harder levels after that.

• Brohoof 1

That moment when Final Fantasy of all things is considered difficult.

Dark Souls.

The controls suck to begin with, and the only difficulty setting is FUCK YOU.

Just out of curiosity, how do the controls suck? Seemed pretty logical to me.

And nobody has mentioned NetHack yet. 

That... That game is true difficulty.

Roguelikes as a genre are known to be pretty difficult. Some more than others but the random factor can really screw you over. It then becomes a question of whether the game is truly difficult or there is just literally nothing you can do to save yourself.

the final fantasy series isn't particularly hard as long as you farm for exp and stuff like that. they older ones are very long. only ones ive beaten was FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

I'd go so far as to say that if you need to grind in a Final Fantasy game you're doing it horribly wrong. Most of the games (from VI and onward) are built in a way that you can become extremely powerful at just the right times so you never have to struggle or grind at any point in the main game.

Although then we had to add sidequests into the equation, both midgame and endgame ones, that can influence a lot of stuff.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

One of my personal favorite games of all time, but also one of the hardest games I played in a long time

You have to bring your triple A+ skill here, if you can't, you'll never make it further than a few bosses, and seeing as how your limited to grinding and finding out what persona and people to meet, the situation increases more to see what fits better

Plus, this is the only game where the final boss actually took me two whole hours to beat, yeah, it was that hard

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

One of my personal favorite games of all time, but also one of the hardest games I played in a long time

You have to bring your triple A+ skill here, if you can't, you'll never make it further than a few bosses, and seeing as how your limited to grinding and finding out what persona and people to meet, the situation increases more to see what fits better

Plus, this is the only game where the final boss actually took me two whole hours to beat, yeah, it was that hard

As far as SMT games go it's one of the easiest but yeah, the final boss can really take it's toll. Night Queen can go suck it. :okiedokielokie:

As far as SMT games go it's one of the easiest but yeah, the final boss can really take it's toll. Night Queen can go suck it. :okiedokielokie:

I plan to buy and play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, looks awesome, but it's also considered one of the most brutally difficult games out there, the Persona series was never considered the hardest despite the moments, so I can see why most would think that

Also, the night queen, Nyx, is acactually not that difficult, if you could, oh I don't know, have the ability to control your team members or actually defend, then this boss would be challenging yet fair, but since it isn't? Well.. yeah

I plan to buy and play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, looks awesome, but it's also considered one of the most brutally difficult games out there, the Persona series was never considered the hardest despite the moments, so I can see why most would think that

Also, the night queen, Nyx, is acactually not that difficult, if you could, oh I don't know, have the ability to control your team members or actually defend, then this boss would be challenging yet fair, but since it isn't? Well.. yeah

Nocturne can be pretty difficult but once you've played one SMT you'll have the skills to take the next.

And by Night Queen I was talking about the actual attack. The one that hits the whole party and does terrible things. She only does it when she's down to her last smidge of health. Basically a giant fuck you.

Not being able to control the party never bothered me much though. The AI are easily managed with the tactics menu and the MC can make up for any holes in their strategies with pure power. The Laevatain weapon really helped in that fight. Purely a fire attack, no phys, and has massive power. Highly recommended.