Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you dislike about your country.

Noei

In Australia I don't like the intolerance and racism towards immigrants/refugees and the islamic religion. Not going to generalise though because there is a lot of amazing people I know who don't fit into this description :)

I dislike how politically correct my country is and the Western Lackey mentality within our government. I dislike our political system, as it does not encourage people with something real to fight for, to step up into the political field, but rather those who wish to make easy money by keeping a position. 

Gone are the golden days when our parties fought for something, be it on a political scale, ideological scale or economic scale, as it has evolved into social moralism. About giving some people some kind of special rights instead of everybody being treated as social equals. Gone are the days where we would take a neutral stance towards controversial incidents that happened outside of our country, where we would look at both sides with suspicion and form our own opinions. 

Our media now only thrives on sources from AFP and Reuters for foreign material and on sources from angry populist locals when it comes to domestic affairs, our foreign policy is doing everything that will not anger the United States instead of really standing for what we should believe in, the freedom of opinion and expression, by taking a side against both forces instead of joining the other one because it is "less evil". We used to have two sides that clashed with each other which created a certain political balance, but now there is really only one faction in power and so the power to oppose anything that might only be beneficial to one side is gone. 

Most of the debates about our own domestic policies are now about whether we make the people who loan people money pay the ones how took loans or whether they should leave them be (instead of the other way around where the ones who took loans should pay back what they took) and therefore only lose money. 

The segregation of criticism, where only criticism is allowed against one faction while it is banned against the other. For if you criticize the other faction, you are immoral, deplorable and racist, sexist, fascist (basically all the -ists and -isms) and xenophobic. 

A new president that you cannot compare to our previous one. We went from having an actual good president that could beat anybody in political or diplomatic debates, to a person who can't even look into the camera without wanting to run away instead of answering questions. A president who participates in trying to influence government elections, even though it is not his place to do so since our presidential system is different (and he is supporting the Pirate Party of all parties... more salt). Our presidents are not supposed to have any political ties with any political parties (not saying that they may never have served under another political party, but rather that they are not supposed to have any current ties with a political party when serving as president's. This is done to avoid bias). 

There are a lot of things I do not like about my country, and there will soon be government elections and I am hoping that the Pirate Party does not get enough votes, that it will bar another party from forming a majority against it. So if the Pirate Party get's enough votes that it can bar another party from forming a majority, then there is more salt on my plate. 

The only thing I like about my country that I can think about at the moment (if we don't go into economical living conditions and natural beauty) is that PCism has not fully taken control over our colleges (not all of them at least) nor I believe the universities (though I am less informed on that considering I am a year from that). 

So yeah, I am a bit salty when it comes to my own country :P 

Such negativity, need more smile 

geswxp.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I don't like my country (Uzbekistan)

People very very picky, economic very very bad-prices are high, pay  are low.  For example my internet (speed is 256kbit/s)  cost 20$..  And  middle pay is 100-200$,  life in  my country very very hard... 

And people haven't  freedom of speech.  In my country has not creative. 

LGBT is tabu.. I'm a lesbian, if policy will know it-  me and my girlfriend  can  to send to jail.

Negative about Uzbekistan-send to jail

And is slavery. Many people  must go to pick cotton, or get fired from work, expelled from the institute, oh...  Or pay  money. In my country evelopment of corruption. 

Medical are very bad too...

• Brohoof 2

The "third wave feminism" and "social justice" movement that's been spawning around the US for the last decade. As much problems at the US has, it doesn't take much for some armchair "intellectuals" on Tumblr or other social media to exaggerate those problems and create some when there is none. It's especially irritating when they throw around certain terminology, sometimes incorrectly, to make themselves look like oppressed snowflakes.

Rape culture doesn't exist in the US, crime is decreasing, sexism and racism is virtually gone, and safe spaces shut off freedom of speech. 

Edited by Sealand
  • Brohoof 2

Christian fanatics, homophobes, and so much more, lol. But people like that are the ones I enjoy the most, they're good laugh material. I love them overall, but that doesn't mean I like them personally. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the cold winters around here in Canada especially when a lot of snow ends up falling. Whenever we get a lot of snow, I have to shovel it off the driveway which gets tiresome.

What I don't like about America.

1. The fact that Clinton or Trump are our choices for president. Like really? We seriously don't have better choices?

2. The whole "fuck the police" attitude that people have. Not all cops here are bad.

3. The media. No one cares about Donald Trump from the 1990s or Kim Kardashian. They need to report on real news and not fluffed up celebrity gossip.

4. Racists. Seriously? Are we still in the 1960s?

5. Homophobes. Again, its 2016.

6. Politicians that don't do anything. This is why we really need a JFK, Reagan, or an FDR in office.

7. Political correctness. You don't like what I said? Wait a minute. When were YOU put in charged of the country?

• Brohoof 2

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......errrrrr UKIP oh yeah and cornwall council tax ,_, and the roads are sorry but hey are total BS big potholes and the councilers DONT DO A THING T_T well thats just england

Everything. I hate humanity in general. Nothing wrong with the world itself, just the ungrateful 'intelligent' inhabitants spawned from it.

You said exactly what I was going to say!  ^_^

What I don't like about America.

1. The fact that Clinton or Trump are our choices for president. Like really? We seriously don't have better choices?

2. The whole "fuck the police" attitude that people have. Not all cops here are bad.

3. The media. No one cares about Donald Trump from the 1990s or Kim Kardashian. They need to report on real news and not fluffed up celebrity gossip.

4. Racists. Seriously? Are we still in the 1960s?

5. Homophobes. Again, its 2016.

6. Politicians that don't do anything. This is why we really need a JFK, Reagan, or an FDR in office.

7. Political correctness. You don't like what I said? Wait a minute. When were YOU put in charged of the country?

Wow, I literally could not agree with you more. In fact, I probably agree with you more than you agree with you!  :-P

The biggest problem in America is that we're so convinced in our belief that we're the "greatest country on Earth" and by our individualist manifestos that we've completely lost the community dynamic and have used those as excuses to desert our responsibility to progress and self-improvement. And nowhere is that attitude magnified more than in New York City; where the poverty makes third-world leaders coming here for the UN do a double-take, our public housing has nothing on Singapore, our sustainability and sanitation make Songdo look like a super-advanced alien city, and our transportation system, while immense by America's woeful standards, can't hold a candle to the rate at which the ones in cities like London are building out to meet demand.

It's the idea that because America is great, that it doesn't have to grow and change. That complacency is why we don't go to the moon anymore, it's why so many people suffer without healthcare or housing, why we don't have fast, reliable transit, why so many students here will find themselves tightly budgeted and forced to miss out on a lot in the prime of their lives just for the chance to launch a career, and why many can't even support themselves on even a double or triple wage. Other countries are outpacing us with innovative policy ideas, and yet the "not-invented-here" syndrome prevails. When we try to do something to take care of our people, it's either shot-down by anarcho-libertarian, conspiracy-peddling, anti-establishment fearmongers as abridging our rights or as a measure that might bankrupt the government that spends more on the military per year than the next ten countries combined, mostly to protect some of those other countries.

Add to that the fact that we can't get over bullshit culture wars being executed by extremists in both political wings, mostly over shit that barely matters to such a broad swath of our population as much as providing an economic future for our country, and it's reasonable to fear for your future here. The political discourse these days has been hijacked by said interests and it's beyond vulgar. It almost sounds as if civil war is the preferable solution; between races, gender identities, political affiliations, and whatever other identities are in vogue.

All of us don't realize that such a doomsday scenario is exactly what, as they would have called, "The Man", wants. The Man wants you to fight amongst yourselves, that way you don't know that he's profiting off of your divisions and suffering. It's enough that your insurance premiums might have gone up under Obamacare; if he had his way Congress would never, ever pass a resolution to fix it. The Man wants cultural divisions to stay up, that way he can keep running whatever college majors would become less relevant should they be less prominent. He wants you to keep going through the for-profit prison system. The Man wants you to ignore public transportation, that way he can keep selling and repossessing those thousands of junky sedans off those subprime loans. And, of course, he wants to keep funding the military, or else his precious Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman are going to have to find a different business.

The only thing the Man doesn't realize is what side his bread is buttered on. What he doesn't know is that he stands to lose if he doesn't have anyone to sell to. That's why he doesn't work for us. We need to get him to work for us again. All of us.

Texas

*hides behind Idaho*

Ok, being serious now. xD

• We need more clean energy
  • We need more funding for national parks, forests, and other public lands. They desperately need it for repairs.
Edited by ElementalFluttershee

Another thing I don't like are the numerous forest fires that occur where I live. Two years ago, I was forced to flee from my house due to a forest fire consuming trees on a nearby mountain. My home wasn't destroyed nor was anyone else's, but that was the closest I've ever been to a fire of that magnitude.

Growing nationalism and hatred for foreigners.

Catholicism attempting to control everyone, including non-believers like me. 

Its government and their conservative approach to every topic.

Fondness of pseudoscience among many people, especially older ones. 

Showing patriotism in very disrespectful way (painting symbol of polish fight against nazis on walls and bus stops? Seriously?) and the fact hooligans use patriotism to justify their acts of vandalism. 

Overall - polish society disgusts me. There are many sicknesses running through it which are further strengthened by government which uses nationalists to bully its enemies (who they refer to as "left wing" despite the fact not only lefties oppose them). 

Also don't get me wrong, all those issues are still rather small. Poland is a great place to visit and if I ran into foreigner I'd gladly show polish hospitality in its true, traditional colours (guest in polish house *is* saint XD). But even when its small I say it should be killed off when it still does only little harm to my country.

Growing nationalism and hatred for foreigners.

Catholicism attempting to control everyone, including non-believers like me. 

Its government and their conservative approach to every topic.

Fondness of pseudoscience among many people, especially older ones. 

Showing patriotism in very disrespectful way (painting symbol of polish fight against nazis on walls and bus stops? Seriously?) and the fact hooligans use patriotism to justify their acts of vandalism. 

Overall - polish society disgusts me. There are many sicknesses running through it which are further strengthened by government which uses nationalists to bully its enemies (who they refer to as "left wing" despite the fact not only lefties oppose them). 

Also don't get me wrong, all those issues are still rather small. Poland is a great place to visit and if I ran into foreigner I'd gladly show polish hospitality in its true, traditional colours (guest in polish house *is* saint XD). But even when its small I say it should be killed off when it still does only little harm to my country.

I have also seen polish women protesting on the streets in Warsaw against the newly proposed abortion laws.

I have also seen polish women protesting on the streets in Warsaw against the newly proposed abortion laws.

The new law government tries to enforce is flawed to say the least and is pretty much reflection of catholic opinion on abortion. No matter, what happened (or will happen) woman *must* give a birth. Problem is that law is stupid and I am suprised pro-life don't see why. All it will do is moving abortion to black market and abroad. They will win nothing, unless they pretend those do not exist. Assuming abortion ban eliminates abortion is like assuming murder ban eliminates murders. 

On second thought I am pretty sure our government uses it only to put through other ideas without people even realizing it. Saw it happening in the past way too often. 

• Brohoof 1