Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone get judged about MLP?

Moniker

98 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get judged, for watching MLP?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No one knows.

All the people in my grade think I do certain things to certain images of MLP.

All my friends think I'm gonna grow up and be a pedophile.

My parents think I'm a weirdo.

A certain friend of mine keeps telling me MLP is a waste time, and makes fun of me for it.

When I wear my pony t-shirt, I get glares from old people and adults.

I'm sorry for rambling, but I really just needed to get that out.

(edited)

I'm judged for all my fandoms in general. Not just MLP really. Some of them made me popular at school. Such as I'm known for being a good artist because I had Five Nights Ar Freddy's fanart and I met two other Pegasisters at my middle school who adored my Pinkie Pie picture on my binder and two of my friends already watched MLP too but I don't consider them as big fans as me. However, I've also been called out for my fandoms as well.

I've even dubbed myself as the official Fandom Fangirl at my school because my fandoms actually help me cope with my depression. And I normally hate using the word fangirl for myself because I'm not a fangirl in any slightest way. And I hate to admit that I'm really fandom-obsessive really. My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic was my very first fandom when I was just

11 YEARS OLD. I even joined it a few days after it even started on 4Chan. I'm like one of the oldest fans even though I'm just 13 and joined the fandom when I was 11.

Yet I'm constantly being pushed down for it. Especially My Little Pony as a prime target for me. A Brony hater even said to me that because I was a girl and not a boy fan that I was a target audience which is stupid and female Bronies exist also known for some as Pegasisters.

...I later threw a bag of chips at him and now he's scared of me and avoids me like a plague.

Kinda annoys me that people will judge you over a minor TV show.

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

Depends on how you mean judge.  On the balance, no the people I am surrounded with dont ultimately care that I like mlp.  But when it comes up people I know in conversations dont understand.  For instance my brother and my dad loaded up an episode from our dvr, castle sweet castle, when I was gone and watched like 30 seconds-a minute.  This came up in a conversation later on and my brother just judged "its super girly, I just couldnt watch it myself"  I tried to respond with agreeing it was but trying to rationalize why and he discounted me saying its just a show for little girls.  I have had this kind of stuff come up a lot.

On the internet on reddit the antibrony circlejerk has affected me and I have been immediately been associated with clop the first day I wore a pony shirt to school.  although this person retracted his statement when I said no I dont clop and find it disgusting.  I finished up with all cloppers are bronies but not all bronies are cloppers

(edited)

Very rarely but I do get judged for watching the show ever once in a while, it's probably do to the to the fact I live in a more liberal region that I rarely ever get the hate for being a dude that warches mlp.

Edited by masterchaoss

(edited)

I didn't really tell them until they sort of found out on their own a few years back. One of them brought it up and such. Nothing happened, though. They're pretty accepting; I don't know whether it's because I'm a girl or the fact that I draw cartoonish things sometimes, being a lover of horses, or it's just not worth it.

There's also quite a bunch of bronies in my location, as well as the neighboring state, so I guess people just got used to it.

Edited by zigragirl

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been judged by anyone about it yet... I guess that's to be expected though, considering I mostly express myself on here and only about two people anywhere else know I'm a brony. :P

Not really. My parents don't really care. They know I'm below my typical age level, so they just think it's because of that. Plus, they don't know much about bronies and the stigmas of MLP or anything. So yeah... no one really cares, especially those that know me pretty well.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't care what anyone thinks, and most people I talk to in public come up to me and talk about the show. Almost no one comes up to me and talks crap or tries to make fun me (but maybe that's because I'm a 6'2" bodybuilder xD)

Edited by GuyNamedEarl

• 5 months later...

Well, yeah. At first, it was the typical, "Lol, gay, you like ponies," crap that I can ignore. But then everyone just stopped. I was never really popular, but outside my small group of friends, I'm that one guy that everyone steers clear from, avoids eye contact with, and doesn't talk to.

I think it would be different if I lived somewhere with people that share other interests of mine, and could overlook the fact that I like MLP, but this small farming town just isn't it. That's a huge reason why I'm glad to be moving back home to Washington.

I usually get judged pretty hard by my family. I mean, the fact I'm female probably means a lot of people won't really bat much of an eyelid at me liking MLP, but in the case of my family, it's down to my age more than anything. They can't believe I have an interest in silly cartoon ponies at my age, yet they seem to be more than okay with me liking other stuff such as anime. -shrug-

The most recent encounter I had revolving around judgement for my fan-status was when some peeps called out my MLP dog tags.They was like "aye you a brony!" I was all not naw, but then a few weeks later the same people saw that my laptop covered in Pinkie and Twilight stickers and they were like "Damn Iain you really are a brony."

Occasionally I'll wear something with one of the symbols on it, but I only openly talk about it with other bronies (a rare encounter in realspace). I think there might be one other where I'm staying because someone left a figurine out on a ledge not too long ago. Possibly coincidence, but I don't know. Many people don't know what the symbols mean when displayed without the show's characters.

When it comes to social media, I can only think of one comment with "bronies = cancer".

About my family:

My father knows it but he just laughed about it.

My mother does not know it but I can already imagine that it would piss her off because it also annoys her that I like anime.

Edited by Fluidty