Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Long Will You Be A Brony?

SkullcandyPegasus

I dont even know if im a Brony anymore or not.

I dont watch the show anymore, and watch less and less Brony related material.

But i will never say that show is bad or anything.

I just stopped being a Brony randomly.

And maybe randomly i start again. Could even be, that i start watching the show again, when its cancelled because i have no idea how long it will take for me to get back into it.

But at the moment im not that interested.

But even if i stopped Brony activity ( except for this forum here ) , i will still call myself a Brony, because, even if i stopped watching, its still one of my favorite shows and i will have Mlp Avatars probably for a long time, since i still find ponys cute.

So i dont know, maybe im not a Bony anymore, if it comes to actual care about the show and fanworks.

But i will still continue drawing ponys at some point and come back to this forum here from time to time.

Forever and a half. This show means so much to me, mayby I'm not a big fan one day anymore, but I will be a fan forever, watching episodes, thinking about it, buying merch, til the end.

same here i love the show so much

• Brohoof 1

I will be one until I'm not. No sense worrying about it. 

When people say that they are going to be bronies forever, I am reminded of this: When I was a kid, I thought that I would play World of Warcraft my entire life. The world of that game and the lore was so engrossing to me that I couldn't imagine what life would be like without it. Years passed and I eventually played less frequently and stopped altogether. Interests come and go. I still have fond memories of that game, even now that I'm not playing it. There will come a time when MLP just doesn't interest me anymore, though it'l always have a special place in my heart. That suits me just fine.

• Brohoof 1

I can't imagine how it's possible for me to cease being a brony, or anything else I've identified with in the past (except for specific beliefs, as in religion).  It would require some serious brainwashing for that to happen.  A good example for myself is my identification as a furry.  I have virtually no involvement in the furry community anymore, and don't even search for art anymore, but it's a part of me, and I still rock a raccoon tail sometimes and entertain the idea of attending a convention or meetup.  Things that became important for me at some time in my life and then died out, or seemed to die out, don't get snuffed out entirely.

That said, this feels different from all of those other things I became involved with in my life.  I've never felt quite so good about anything else I've become interested in, or so compatible with it.  But maybe I'm caught up in the fervor of it all.  What I know is that I have my music, and the episodes, and the movies, and my shirts and all of my other pony merchandise, and I don't see myself throwing any of that away at any point in the future.

• Brohoof 1

FOREVER!!!!  :pinkie:  I won't stop liking MLP as a whole, heck when I was little I would watch G3 FOR HOURS. I've never really disliked the show, and was a fan of G3 up until I became a pegasister! So maybe, in actual fact, I was a G3 pegasister  B)

when i first became a brony, I honestly thought it would be something i would be bored of in a few months, but here I am, three years later, and my passion is as fervent as ever, if not more so. as long as I love tthis show and the fandom, I dont plan on leaving. 

I don't know but Bronydom is fandom I've been most involved with to date. I've had some periods of increased and decreased interest in MLPFIM and Bronydom but it never disappeared completely. I'm thinking I will continue to be Brony for years to come; certainly haven't lost interest in drawing ponies.

Edited by Luna the Great

I will never stop being a brony. Sure, the show might end, and I might move on to different fads and franchises. But I never stopped being a Transformers kid. I'm still a Browncoat and proud. While the fandom might fade, there will always be die-hards and the art and music and other fan-creations will never fade. The lessons this show taught me will live on forever.

Stop looking for problems to solve and just be happy everything is fine.

Don't worry about tomorrow, live for today.

There is NOTHING wrong with not knowing what you're destined for. You've got infinite potential. Keep working at it til something sticks.

It's not about what you spend your time doing, it's about who you spend your time doing it with.

I'm glad that even when I forget about MLP, I'll always be a Cuite Mark Crusader.

• Brohoof 1