Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everybody say bronies are gay what do you think?

DerpBrony

(edited)

I'm pretty sure those that hate mlp don't even know why they hate it. Β It's like they gotta hate everything, that if, true is such empty existence.

Β 

There was never a girl cartoon that I watched that changed my sexual orientation---so there's more to being "gay" than watching a cartoon earmarked for a different audienceΒ 

Edited by strongwilled_pegasus
  • Brohoof 1

I have actually realized that there are more gay people who are bronies than most other fandoms, but that doesn't mean that all bronies are gay.

I don't have a problem with people thinking all bronies are gay. Cause they are wrongΒ  :smug:

I personally have a romantic relationship with a girl for 10 months and counting

I'm guessing the people who say that have still not seen exactly how the show is like, and are judging based on previous incarnations of MLP and shows pre-gen 4. For the ones who have watched it, it may simply not be their cup of tea, but I still don't care how others think of me.

People who bash Bronies, in the ridiculous misconception that enjoying a well-made cartoon somehow equates to a shift in sexual preference, are simply ignorant. They jump on the bandwagon because they need to receive the support of their equally ignorant peers. Such small minds don't take the time or effort to recognize that their own insecurities and need for positive feedback shows far more weakness than they falsely judge others for having.

Bronies love what they love, without fear of the judgment of others. That shows far more strength of character than anyone calling them gay for liking a TV show.

So, on the natural food chain, Bronies would figure higher up than the cowardly morons who bash them.Β 

• Brohoof 2

"We may seem as different as night is from the day....... But if you look a little deeper, you will see that I'm just like you, and your just like me"

Β 

the first few lines from the cafeteria song in the first equestria girls movie....

Β 

everyone is different and being different is okay.

Β 

and if your not down with that, you can kiss my flank

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

There's nothing wrong with being gay, so it's a stupid insult. I'm bisexual anyways so they can tell me I like my own gender all they like.Β :smug:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2016-6-15 at 5:54 AM, RareBase said:

Colors of the Rainbow. B)

Pocahontas in The Muppets? Colors of the Rainbow and Wind Connection!Β :lol:

I think you must just deny those people and life on! After all, they aren't interresting and way to boring.Β :orly:

Edited by Hierok

(edited)

Well, I'm also a furry, so it doesn't bother me if there's higher amount of gay bronies in comparison to other fandoms. The furry fandom has a high amount of LGBT people, so I'm quite used to it. The way I see things, if a lot of gay people feel happy and accepted in this community, then that's a good thing.

People that hate gay people and bronies are just miserable and sad. B)

Not that being gay and brony are the same thing. It's just that it's irrational to hate them.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

This is sort of a broad insult to those who dislike the fandom rather than the actual sexual orientation of the fandom. The sexual orientation of bronies/pegasisters varies like in every fandom but generally follows the general population. People who use this insult do so because it's a blanket assumption about a fandom (i.e. all furries are perverts).

(edited)

Gay is very popular insult towards males who likes thing(s) that are seen girly, so it's not surprise that it is used towards Bronies.

But aboutΒ the insult itself, it is very weak insult. Calling someone something that is related to theirΒ preferences/things of interestΒ is plain stupidΒ because only that person knows themselves and saying they like something doesn't make them like something.

If person is straight and you say to them that they are gay, they are still straight.

Spoiler

mind-blown.jpg?w=840

Β 

But to be honest, fromΒ my experience in the Brony fandom, there isΒ more gays than in other fandoms, at least they are more visible. But I think it's more to do with the friendliness of the fandom than the fact that it's pony fandom.Β 

Edited by The Cerberus

(edited)
23 hours ago, metalcraze said:

We are fabulous, not gay. People tend to confuse the two.

So metrosexual hipsters?

Anyway, I used to find the fandom pretty gay (gay also means lame as well other than happy)Β till I realize there are quite a substantial amount ofΒ adults who still watch Little Muppets, Sesame Street, and PeeWee Herman. How does THAT not make THEMΒ just as gay as this fandom?Β The nerve of societal pressures.

In other words, consider me a skeptic. This fandom ain't gay to me unless I find evidence that the majorityΒ engage in *censored to save your own sanity*. :lol:

Edited by ZethaPonderer

in all honesty Ive met more bi or straight guys than gay. Ive been with 3 guys who are into MLP as well, 2 were bi though, but the current one is very straight lol.Β 

Its seen as gay because;

- its a girls show, therefore its seen a poofter type thing to normal people.Β 

- the furry fandom is mostly gay, so its seen as a stem from that

- liking cute things and wanting to be cute is also seen a a feminine thing, feminine men are commonly seen as gay.

- theres a hell of a lot of gay shipping fan art

• Brohoof 1