Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everybody say bronies are gay what do you think?

DerpBrony

Since I'm a brony, I see all this gay thing as just a stereotype, I mean, if you look closely at the fandom, you'll see there are less "gay" people that one could think.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:04 PM, StormBlaze said:

- its a girls show, therefore its seen a poofter type thing to normal people. 

- the furry fandom is mostly gay, so its seen as a stem from that

- liking cute things and wanting to be cute is also seen a a feminine thing, feminine men are commonly seen as gay.

These reasons, and the previous MLP versions (I don't consider G1 that bad), are why some people can see FiM as a "gay" thing (with all respect to actual gay people).

I'd beg to differ on the furry fandom being mostly gay. Yes, there are quite a few gays in the community, but there are also straight people to. It's kind of split. I think gays in the furry fandom are more outspoken so it seems like there are not straight people, but there are.

I'm gay, but I think every fan base has some kind of minority.

It doesn't matter who you have an attraction to, as long as you're both careful and talk things out first!

(edited)

Both a furry and a brony, but very much straight. Just stereotypes, as usual. They also stereotype us to be fat neckbeards who get off to ponies. It's not rightttt :0

Edited by Stormence

(edited)

According to poll most of the fandom is straight... though from my personal experience I've met more bisexual bronies than anything. Homosexual bronies seem to be in the minority, as I've only met a couple handfuls of them.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

• 7 months later...

So what about all those family men who watch the show with their wives and daughters? Are they gay too? Are all the guys who took their little girls to see the movie in theaters gay? If the straight macho men tossing that word around are that rigid with their thinking, they're fucking braindead. And I can't think of being anything worse than that. Stupidity is the ultimate cancer to this world.

I'm straight, but in all honesty, I'd rather be a gay intellectual than a straight dumbass.

Gay has changed meaning among kids these days. In addition to "homosexual" other meanings include

Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. awkward, stupid, or bad; lame:

So when they call Bronies gay, they basically just mean they dislike the show & the fandom

• Brohoof 1

Of course they're gay since I'm also gay.

Jokes aside, it's just a stereotype that shouldn't be acknowledged too much since there will always be people who just want to hate things just for the sake of it. I'm also not sure if it's people that hate things for no reason or people that take every little stereotype seriously that I can't understand. The MLP fandom does seem to be a really diverse group though so it's not a surprise that many people in it are gay too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personnaly, I find disapponting that after 10 000 years of evolution, people look bad for what they don't know and find strange or use the term "gay", "autist" like bad things or insults

Look at this debate on debate.org:

part 1: http://www.debate.org/debates/Bronies-are-Homosexual/1/

part 2 :http://www.debate.org/debates/Bronies-are-Homosexual-Part-2/1/

Some of those arguments are...whao :confused:.

ps: srr for my syntaxe, I m French

Blanket statements are idiotic. To say someone is gay because they're a Brony (or vice versa) makes no sense whatsoever. It's like singling out any demographic with any interest and calling it gay. None of it would make sense. There's no connection to sexual preference. People like what they like, and it's not involved with being gay.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who says that we're "gay" in a derogatory way clearly has no idea what this fandom is all about and is probably trying to get a rise out of you for their own enjoyment. Those haters will do or say practically anything to get under your skin, and if it means making assumptions and calling people names, then that's what they'll do.  

When I became a brony in April 2012, now six years ago, I was heterosexual, but now I identifiy with no explicit sexuality. I'm just attracted to "somebody", no matter to which categories they belong.

Besides, you knew that before it became a synonyme for homosexuality, "gay" just meant something like being happy and having fun? That's exactly what we are. ;)

I am a heterosexual girl and I like ponies ... I think it has nothing to do 'the feet with the eyelashes.

Anyway, if there are gays or not that should not be anyone's problem, every person with their lifestyle ... :proud:

something that if I read once (which was really unprecedented) is that they associated the bronys with some pedophile tendency, a resounding NO to this last one. :dry:

11 minutes ago, Recherche said:

I mean, even assuming all of us are (which is an obscenely ridiculous statement to make), why does it really matter? :confused:

There are people out there that can't understand how a boy/man can like a show marketed towards little girls. So, the gay insult is thrown around to make them feel bad about it.

On 19. 3. 2018 at 12:18 PM, Sweet Cookie OC said:

Personnaly, I find disapponting that after 10 000 years of evolution, people look bad for what they don't know and find strange or use the term "gay", "autist" like bad things or insults

Look at this debate on debate.org:

part 1: http://www.debate.org/debates/Bronies-are-Homosexual/1/

part 2 :http://www.debate.org/debates/Bronies-are-Homosexual-Part-2/1/

Some of those arguments are...whao :confused:.

ps: srr for my syntaxe, I m French

Oh wow thats dumb