Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you have NEVER finished

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Have several games I haven't finished, either they're too hard, or just me being too lazy to proceed any further:

Dark Souls II - Very punishing and never got through the first boss due to lack of adequate resources

Dead Space 2 - Couldn't proceed any further because of that one level that's just too puzzle-ish for my taste, left me wandering around aimlessly

L.A. Noire - Have to rely on guides since I can't actually solve crimes, no matter what I do. Even then, I hardly finished it

Borderlands - Because of the DLCs I have (GOTY Edition, mind you), I basically never focus on the main quest and have been reliant on side missions. Hardly even beat the game too

Elder Scrolls V - It just never ends. Literally

Bioshock: Infinite - Was so busy exploring areas that I often lose track in even focusing on completing the game at all

12 minutes ago, A Little Fox said:

I have not finished EarthBound yet. I plan to change that very soon.

Made it as far as Onett at the start of the game, but it wasn't my kind of RPG like Pokemon or Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I never actually finished The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask back in the day. I have no idea why, but I really need to at some point.

• 8 months later...

The final boss in Ninja Gaiden is what keeps me from beating that game. The second phase is bogus! 

Summer Carnival '92 Recca is just too hard for me for some reason.

The last area in Aero Fighters 2 is just unforgiving if you lose all lives and have to continue, it sends you all the way back to the beginning of the level.

Gran Turismo 5 Prolouge wasn't hard, I just didn't complete it because I wasn't invested in racing games back then.

I got lost in Spyro: Season of Ice and never played the game again. Although I will come back to the game soon.

Honorable Mentions:

I almost didn't beat Castlevania because of the Death boss fight. He is so hard without holy water I almost rage quit.

I almost didn't beat Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi's Hero mode because of how under leveled I was and how beefed up the bosses were. Shenron was a real pain in the behind because you NEED TO GRIND in order to beat him.

I almost didn't beat the Last Blade 2 because of the final boss. Those who played SNK fighter games will understand what SNK boss syndrome is and let me tell you, the final boss is one from the underworld. Luck was actually on my side for this one and boy oh boy did I cry tears of joy once I beat that boss.

Edited by MarkusTactician
Some more stuff.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, MarkusTactician said:

The final boss in Ninja Gaiden is what keeps me from beating that game. The second phase is bogus! 

I swear, that phase is next to impossible.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

A few years ago, I took a shot at playing one of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games. It was a fun game but I remember reaching a point in the game where I didn't know what to do. Like, I had no idea what to do next to progress. I just stopped playing lol.

• Brohoof 1

I never actually finished Sonic Adventure 2. The freakin first Biolizard boss fight was just too much for middle school me.

The boss music triggers a mild Pavlovian sense of stress to this day.

• Brohoof 1

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I liked the beginning of the game, also the first half actually. But at some point it got really frustrating. Even with the save function of the 3DS's Virtual Console. :rarity:

I never finished Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask

mostly because the copy I owned at the time

had a tendency to freeze

so I quit midway through the game cause the game kept freezing

the game was pretty bad when it wasn't freezing on me

but I had a defective copy as well

and that killed any chance of me finishing the game

Edited by Supreme King

Guilty of not finishing good games like:

Final fantasy XV

Pokemon Sword and Shield (yet)
The legend of Zelda: breath of the wild (the game is damn awesome and i don't wanna finish it xD)

• Brohoof 2

Final Fantasy XV

Wrecking the Regalia was my favorite thing with that game. Other than that I couldn’t really get into it compared to the other final fantasy games I’ve played.

Pokemon Black and White (Pokémon black and white 2)

I couldn’t get into these games at all. I got bored and never finished them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a new one I need to add: Back to the Future 2 & 3. Yes, they made a video game out of two great movies and merged it into one. I never completed it because of one thing: You have to beat Part 2 in one sitting and it involves a collectathon between three different time periods. Oh yeah, there are artifacts between those time periods that belong to another that you win by playing some of the worst minigames I have ever played. Every time you time travel, you run the risk of seeing a clone and touching him kills you instantly, just like every enemy in the game. Combine that with awful controls, passable music with awful sound effects and enemies that seem to be ripped off of Super Mario Bros. and you can see why I never finished this travesty.

Part 3 is shorter but you guessed it, more collecting minigames. It's no wonder why LJN got a bad name as a publisher. Beam Software deserves quite a bit of criticism because of how the game turned out.

Ninja Gaiden for the NES. If you lose against any of the three final bosses you get sent back three levels. The three levels you have to replay are by far the hardest in the game :glimmer:

Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link. Possibly the hardest game I’ve ever played. If you’ve actually beaten this, you are a far better gamer than I.

I guess it's time to update this list, as I have beaten some of the games I talked about here on an earlier post. I still haven't beaten any Crash Bandicoot games (actually, that's a lie, I beat Crash Tag Team Racing when I was young). I haven't beat Midnight Club 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Spongebob Squarepants Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, Twisted Metal 2012, Need For Speed Undercover, Just Cause 2 & 3, Pokemon Moon, and I'm certain there are more that I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of as of now.

i'm a completionist, so for me to start a game and not finish it it's either broken or very bad/boring, Prince of Persia forgotten sands comes to mind, where i almost finished it and there was a bug(probably a security feature) that prevented me from entering the final boss room

Lagoon for the SNES. I got to the final bosses. However, I could never defeat Thor in his second form. The game itself was pretty hard considering that your "sword" had the same reach and damage capabilities of a butter knife. A really blunt butter knife.

There quite a few games I have never finished, but I will start with a particular Franchise I love. That is Mega Man Franchise. Again there is a few I have never finish, but I'm going to signal Mega Man 7. As the final boss Wily Machine 7 is really annoying to fight. Now I'm not saying I couldn't beat it, it just by far so frustrating. Well actually it is the second phase of Willy Machine 7 as the first phase really pathetic once you get a hang of it. Now the issue is that I can't seem to have enough E-Tanks for this fight as I can't MLG Pro No damage the fight, because well some the Robot Masters even with their weakness can be a little annoying to deal with it. The Game as a whole isn't difficult or anything. Just the Final Boss is. By the the second phase is freak weak to a weapon that is a bit awkward to use against the second phase the fight. :Cozy:

Though this person makes look easy to no damage it.