Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Ideal Room Temperature

K.Rool Addict

Most Comfortable Room Temp.  

35 users have voted

1. 1. What temperature do you consider to be most ideal for room temp.?

• 78 °F or higher
    • 77 °F
    • 76 °F
    • 75 °F
    • 74 °F
    • 73 °F
    • 72 °F
    • 71 °F
    • 70 °F
    • 69 °F
    • 68 °F
    • 67 °F
    • 66 °F
    • 65 °F
    • 64 °F or lower

• 1 year later...

When I was a kid, I'd set my window unit to the coldest setting, which is around 55F. I would sleep like a baby.

Now that I'm an adult, own a house and pay bills, I keep the air set around 70F. I prefer colder, but it'll do. In the winter time, I open the windows and let the temps drop into the 50's. Oh, that's fantastic sleeping conditions. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

I’m most comfortable at a room temp of 76 or 77 degrees F, anything below that is too cold and anything slightly above is tolerable. A room temperature at around 87 is when I can’t do it anymore. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 1 year later...

My current room temperature for my sleeping room, which is a temporary place while we are maintenance interfering with my sleep, is quite cold, but I kinda like it that way. it is below what I would want to work, but under a perfectly dimensioned blanket, it is perfect for sleeping!

I'd say 15-18C. Lower part of that range in summer (coming from +30C outside to +15C inside feels so nice), higher part of it in winter, though in winter, I open the windows when inside is 19C and close them when inside is about 12C. I also like the floor to be colder than the "normal" room temperature - I'd have problems in a room with heated floor. 

At about 20C I start looking for an electric fan. 25C means a big fan.

Way way too hot right now! We are having out heater switched from oil to more ecological but expensive systems, and while the heat will do off, I want the house to still be warm, so I have it very hot right now!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Your Ideal Room Temperature
  • 4 weeks later...

Whatever it is in my room right now is delightful! But it's not way from air-conditioning, it's that way from it being overcast in the 40s all day. =D The heater is on in the house, but the coolness of the outdoors still fills my room with that delightful natural cool feeling. <3

If only it weren't Spring meaning these nice temperatures will be gone in a flash and it will be hot. In fact, it's already been hot quite frequently this month. =/

It depends on the temperature outside.

When it's hot out I like it cool. around 70° F or less. Sometimes it's nice to be under a blanket in summer When it's cold I want it to be 75° or over. But I keep in on 66 to save money. And in summer I spend a lot of time in the basement.

• Brohoof 1