Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you understand Military Time?

Venomous

I was taught how to comprehend it when I first started AFJROTC in high school. Ever since then, I’ve used it on my cell phone, tablet, and pretty much everywhere else I can.

I''m about as familiar with it as I am the Tenor Clef. That is... I can figure out what time it is, but I have to count from where I know to get there. (much better to have to do with the clock than a clef. lol)

• Brohoof 1

I understand it. Back when I working at a hospital, most nurses and doctors use military time to save time writing am/pm and easier for data entry. So I have to be accustomed to it. It’s not required but it’s recommended.

I can only understand military time if I have my cell phone (which is in the normal AM/PM time) on me and I compare the two times, then I can figure out what the time is in military time. Without that little cheat I can't understand military time, it's way too confusing for me ^_^ 

After six years of military service its just habit for me. I find it easier and it makes it easier to ensure I am getting 8 hours sleep. Most importantly I never mess up AM or PM when setting an alarm 

(edited)

Yes although I know it as UTC or zulu time :P .

Oh wait thats actually different, but it does require having to use it else you’ll be sorry :wacko: .

Edited by WWolf

Technically I understand it, but to decipher it from AM/PM required some counting/calculating from me. :p

Being in a military family, I should understand it by this point and also when I was hospitalized in the local hospital, they used that sort of time there.

(edited)

24 hour time is better then the AMs and PMs.

While casually talking about stuff I can say "8 in the evening" or something like that, 24h time is less confusing.

Also, 24hour time is the official way in my country - store opening/closing times are specified as "08:00 - 22:00" etc.

Edited by Pentium100

You mean something like 5:00 PM is 17:00? Sometimes it's funny how it's used in the military even for the most trivial things for the sake of sounding more official.

I understand that it could be better for some people, but I prefer AM/PM time. I prefer analog clocks and that's how I read them even when it's digital. When I see military time, I have to translate it into AM/PM time even it takes just a second.