Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did you choose the race you did for your MLP:FiM OC?

Venomous

There are many races that exist in the MLP:FiM universe.
There are earth ponies, unicorns, changelings, kirin, griffins, the list goes on.

Why did you make your OC the race that you did?

I made Wolf Tracks an earth pony because I felt like the most simple design was the best choice for her. It suits her. She didn’t need any magic or the ability to fly to be unique.

F0B2E52B-F888-4A21-B974-CB47FA1B094B.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

For Unicorn Will Guide, it was so he could do Disney themed magic

5a83902a98014_MLPForumsAvatar.jpg.40a63bafcd4292abe50ce3a97e2b87f6.jpg

For Changeling Will Guide, it was Thorax's lovable Personality that made Changelings my favorite non-pony race

Reformed_C_Will.thumb.png.8bb3a592ccf67b0cb03bc6b5075280ae.png

Oh god. XD 

Well, I chose a deer for my main sona as I find them to be beautiful and majestic! That said, as for my actual OCs.....well, I have all races covered, so....

I made my ponyself a Pegasus because that's what I felt the most like. Though in general terms, pegasi are more athletic and sporty, and unicorns are more into knowledge and intelligence, but I fit the second more. But then again, not all pegasi are big and sporty either.

• Brohoof 1

I picked an ahuizotl because THE Ahuizotl is one of my favorite characters in the show. He's wacky, and loud, and has a crazy character design, and I'd never seen anyone else use a zotlsona before. I like it quite a lot. Icon_Ahuizotl_Excited.png.47bf35c8219b64bef442f3334a3d384f.png

I chose a changeling because from all the non pony races they have a very interesting power, I like their relationship with love and how it affects them, and also their society is so different that they are just very interesting in general. From the moment they appeared in the show I was drawn to them, and later on Thorax and Pharynx became my favorite non pony characters too. 

My changeling's preferred transformation is an earth pony, because I like to go for the underdog and find solutions to elevate them a bit more so they can be equal to the others 

• Brohoof 1

My sona is an earth pony because at the time I made her everyone seemed to make theirs a pegasus, unicorn, or alicorn and I wanted to be a little different. Plus it was the one I felt I was closest to in terms of the kind of person I am. Plus kirins didn't exist at the time, though I may change her a bit to be part kirin because SOME people lately keep confusing me with another person's oc and while it's kind of funny the first time it starts to get a little annoying after the other consecutive times... Who knows.

As for the rest of my ocs, well, they are what they are because I wanted them to be. My newest ones are becoming races I don't quite have or hybrids or something as I change my art style a bit more again.

I chose unicorn for Rosie because at the time alicorns were taboo to make characters out of and honestly a little overrated. You would see someone come up with a pony fan character, make it an alicorn and it was immediately relegated to the mary sue bin. I didn't want that for my character, and frankly the idea of an alicorn isn't really attractive to me.

Many of the other species in the show hadn't been introduced yet since it was still early season 1. Pegasi can fly, which is very attractive and poetic in many ways but I thought unicorn would suit the personality a lot better. And there's much more versatility in magic than being able to fly.

• Brohoof 1

My OC at first was a unicorn to allow her use magic in a silly, charming way, but then I came to the conclusion, that wings will suit her better, because it somewhat accents her light, easygoing personality. It represents that freedom and agility, which suits the optimistic and energetic personality of hers.

Do not confuse her with my ponysona though, 'coz of the opposite gender. :P (she was kind of made by an accident, that I liked tbh :BrightMacContent:)

I'm yet to make a legit ponysona someday, that would have the same gender as me. :kirin: And there I think I'll choose wings as well, for similar reasons. I also kiiiiinda dream of being able to fly high above the clouds, leaving all the troubles beneath me. :P I love magic, because it gives millions of possibilities and I'm sooooooo interested in all of this, so that I'd keep reading books and stuff all day, although I think wings would just suit me better. At this point I'd gladly choose an alicorn ofc to not have to choose from, but I'm one of those, who considers it as cheating, as this race is pretty much reserved for special ponies, so to speak. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

My OC, Windy Breeze was originally have no backstory and the reason why I made her a pegasus is because of her name and the fact that i really want to make a Wonderbolt OC. Without wings, does she have the same name she currently has? No. 

Untitled418.thumb.jpg.0703d47e7bbad357ee977d3f4320f4d7.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Back when I made mine there were really only a half dozen or so options, and the emphasis was on being a pony. The existence of Bat Ponies was still up in the air too, lol. Anyways, had a friend come up with a design for me. They thought that my intellect meant that I should be a unicorn and that I'd be green. While I appreciated the effort, and do like the color green, by then I was in my blue hoodie phase and while not the most physical, felt Pegasus was far more fitting, so I used the classic pony maker on deviant art and made this! It's been my profile pic here as well ever since.

Screenshot_2020-08-14-12-20-55-1.thumb.png.7923711db607a4f226be724c19cea5fd.png

• Brohoof 1

My main oc (ponysona) is a pegasus. I loved pegasi, and still do, and therefor, I made my character one. Flight, weather control, and cloudwalkig are the main reasons. I also thought that having wings in it of itself was super cool. Although the other two types also have cool qualities, it wasn't really close. Pegasus all the way!

I feel my OC doesn't need any fancy Alicorn powers, so I made him Earth Pony. I am happy with my choice

Edited by Splashee®

I don't even have a ponysona unless one counts Baphomet. As far as OCs are concerned, I probably have more than all of you combined as is befitting of a rogue loremaster who plays by their own rules. A vast and diverse repertoire of creatures comes with the territory.