How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm very open about ponies! I wear pony T-shirts whenever I want, I draw ponies at school, and if people ask me about it, I have no problem about telling them I'm a pegasister! All my friends and family know about it and they never judged me.

Nonetheless, I don't talk about ponies to people if they don't ask. I don't want to bother them with it.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm asked if I like MLP, I'll say yes but I usually don't go into too much detail. It's just a thing I like. I don't make videos about it or actively participate in the fandom because I'm not that big into fandom in general. Mostly since I like enjoying things in small groups, stalking about forums quietly,  rather than enjoying it with a mass of strangers and I have an immediate cautious reaction to fandoms.  The fact I'm on here is a testament to how much I value a friendship of the person who introduced me to this place.

Not that I regret it since I've had a nice time on here overall. I should probably make an OC eventually. 

Generally I avoid bringing the subject of pony up in normal conversation. I don't want to wave it in front of people's faces as that would just be kind of obnoxious. If I'm with non-pony friends I wouldn't even wear pony merch really. At the same time I'm not embarrassed or ashamed about it, so if pressed I will be honest and openly talk about it. Plus anyone who sees my room will soon know because of all the plushies...

Edited by Midnight Chimes
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not open about it per say, but if someone else brings it up I'll add to the conversation- not too much though. I don't go around telling just anyone that I like the show and watch the new episodes every Saturday they're on if possible. Being 28 and the fact that I'm generally considered pretty serious doesn't help much. Most people who know me would probably have reactions something like this:

post-24370-0-30945800-1474565847_thumb.png

Ummm...     ?

Basically it usually isn't worth it because It would take a while to explain this whole thing. I know it took me a while to figure what the hell was going on when I first found out about the fandom.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

I'd call myself more of a casual fan of the show. I mostly just post here because bronies seem like awesome people :P and I like posting on forums.

If somebody brings the show up I'll say it's good. It's just the same as any other show I like. I don't talk about Modern Family or American Horror Story all the time, so I don't bring up MLP all the time.

- Kayleigh

I tell friends I'm a pegasister if the show is brought up in a conversation. I also sleep with an Applejack plushie, which my husband-to-be used to give me a lot of grief about until I converted him. I still get guff about it every now and then, but I think everyone's used to knowing it about me by now.

• Brohoof 1

I don't tell that I'm a Brony righteously but I don't keep it in either. In what world do we live in if opening confession of liking MLP has to do with anything that's not normal? It's not a matter of how open you are but instead be yourself and others will accept you for what you are.

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2011 at 1:16 PM, Tiaaaaa said:

I was just curious how open other bronies are about their brony-ness. Do you walk around proudly displaying it or is it on a strictly need-to-know basis?

Personally I'm completely open about it. I'm wearing a Princess Luna shirt from WeLoveFine right now (it was a gift from my little sister. She's so sweet. Posted Image ). I don't randomly bring it up or try to shove the show down other people's throats or anything, but I'm not afraid to say I like it if it comes up or someone asks. How about you all?

I'm still a teen (14, turning 15) and I don't own any merch (yet).

I would ask my parents for merchandise but I need to wait until after I get rid of all those toys. I have a lot of old toys in my room that I had when I was a younger kid (which I'm looking forward to get rid of. Mostly Blue's Clues stuff, which I may give to my little brother because he likes Blue's Clues. I also have Sesame Street stuff and assorted stuffed animals. I have a SpongeBob pillow but I don't plan to get rid of it.)

I wasn't open about this before but as the time passed by I became more and more open about my likelihood for the show and the colorful ponies. Some people still may laugh at me (people don't know much about the show at where I live) but I am more happy this way.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I am completely closeted. My issue is that people have to accept all these weird things about me anyway and I can’t afford to have another vulnerability displayed for their pleasure in judging me about it. 

I hope that a day will come, though, that I can wear a pony tee shrit in public and be as proud as I am now. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I guess I fall into the "only need to know if your my friend" base. My best friend knows I'm a Brony, and so does my mom and a few other family members, but that's because I told them myself that I was a Brony. Then there's a second group of people, people like my classmates, who have involuntarily found out about my love for ponies by seeing things like my pony iPad background, and asking "Is that My Little Pony?" and of course I would have to tell them that I'm a Brony, though most of those types of reactions so far have been pretty decent. I'm the type of person who doesn't go around proclaiming to everyone  I meet that I'm a Brony, but if you ask me if I am, I won't deny it.  

KOC_Enhanced_Signature.png.4b90cc740c785197afd73eab70a66685.png.4bb3411caa730089ef0d498635d6eaff.png

RA RA RASPUTIN

(edited)

I only talk to certain girls at school about MLP, but not to boys and other girls. I keep my interest a secret from most of my friends.

As for next academic year, I'm going to be more silent because first impression means a lot (secondary ->> highschool)

Edited by Kevin_Tang

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
  • 1 month later...

I'm not very open about it but I don't hide it either. I have 2 MLP coffee mugs that sit on my desk at work. I was kinda surprised to find out that most of the people at my work have watched MLP:FiM with their children.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a two faced closet brony :awed: 

Actually, let me clarify. I make jokes and references about the show sometimes, but I always play it off as memeing or kidding around. I've never went out of my way to let others know I watch the show, and I kind of like things the way they are :ticking:

I'm pretty open about it. However many people i told to, usually wouldn't think that I'd be the kind to like mlp. That kind of reaction is golden.

• Brohoof 1

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

I'm fairly open about it. I drop random pony references in conversation, if someone picks up on them I get really happy. I've never bumped I to another brony (that I or my daughter did not personally convert) i am growing my list of converts; my wife, my babysitter, my babysitter college age daughter...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I often wear pony t-shirts in public, and I always tell people about mlp if they ask. I do still get a bit anxious about it, but that's one reason I make sure to where my pony shirts to work and such. It's a very passive way of getting me out of my comfort zone. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

img-35348-1-post-8308-0-40473900-1426345427.png