Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Contrary to my current avatar ... it's still Rarity and I doubt that will ever change at this point. 

large.gif

YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME DRESS HORSE! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has to be celestia probably, because of her looks and character.

(edited)

Well I find none of them to be my favorite since most of them look the same to me in terms of design (not trying to be racist towards horses/ponies here :lol: ).

If I had to pick which one I hate the least it would be Applejack cause she at least tries to give a d :yay:living up to her element which is Honesty I think. Also, I like her being a background pony (ironic I know) XD. Shame though, since the writers really love to showcase Applejack's family stories LOL. They must be bored out of their minds then whenever they make an Applejack episode.

I do like the Cutie Mark Crusaders since its a nostalgic throwback to me due to their resemblance towards the PowerPuff Girls. Other than that, meh as characters to me and pretty darn annoying to sit through.

And I pick Flash Sentry cause F:yay:k you that's why. But in all seriousness none of the Tertiary characters amuse me so it'll be nopony on that one.

Basically, I favor no pony on the show. They're all equal and same to me.

Edited by ZethaPonderer

I've just seen the first season (and a couple of later episodes) but based on that, I would say Pinkie is my favorite. She's just so cute and funny. I also like that unlike most other wacky characters in cartoons, she is not portrayed as dumb, instead saving the day or being the voice of reason on more than one occasion. Her positivity and commitment to making others happy is simply wonderful. I like the rest of the Mane 6 too but Twilight might be my second favorite (although Rarity is seriously starting to challenge her for that position).

Of the secondary characters, Scootaloo is my favorite so far with her attitude, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders song is another reason I like her so much. As for non-ponies, Spike is the obvious one to name but I also have to mention Hummingway for being one of the most adorable characters in spite of his appearance being very short.

• Brohoof 3

Rarity is my one, true, eternal love, and I've adored her ever since she kicked that Manticore. Others may have occasionally diverted my interest, but I've always come back to her.

I didn't like Fluttershy at first, but bless her she's climbed the list season after season and is now right near the top. The fact that she's developed and changed has really helped keep her fresh for me.

Celestia is best Princess.

And Trixie and Starlight, savors of season 6, who in the darkness of terrible episodes and fandom pandering patted me on the back and told me "It's going to be alright".

Pinkie's my number one Mane 6. Love the character to death and she is both optimistic and funny, something I like in my own friends.

Sweetie Belle is my absolute favorite as I see all my sisters in her and her interactions with Rarity are so genuine and it's the reason For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils was my favorite episode until Crusaders of the Lost Mark....speaking of which.

Diamond Tiara is second (I wish she was in the tertiary group oh well) she's been such a fun bully character since Family Appreciation Day and Ponyville Confidential. And while I hated the method of her reformation I just can't hate her. She's happier now and she's the reason my favorite character found her purpose in life.

After them it's definitely Starlight Glimmer (and also Trixie) who made Season 6 for me and I'm so glad their keeping her around.

After Twilight, I like Celestia best.

Finally, ashamed no Minuette choice in the background characters. She was the best part of Amending Fences for me.  (Insert Minuette Emoji, IF I HAD ONE!!!............Sorry lost the happy...but the happy's back!)

• 2 weeks later...

I was never that big of a Rainbow Dash fan, but I must admit, she's starting to on me for some reason:dash:

Also, after Parental Glideance I fell in love with Spitfire all over again. :wub:

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I answer that - Rarity is by far the greatest, most magnificent of them all, however, Rainbow Dash is simply the best, and Fluttershy freaking amazing, and Applejack is just my girl you know?, and Twilight is a hero - like a HUGE hero of all, and Pinkie Pie is gorgeous and makes the whole world smile!

• Brohoof 2

1. Princess Celestia. She is a wise and kind leader of Equestria

2. Sunburst. He is not officially a magician, but with his extensive knowledge he saved the day in Crystal Empire. He shows that it's ok to be nerd, which I am.

Starlight Glimmer, definitely. Very relatable, her personality and social awkwardness reminds me a bit of myself. So, yeah.

As of the Mane 6, currently, it is a tie between Twilight Sparkle and AppleJack. Twilight because of how much she has grown throughout the years and AJ because she is a down to Earth character

Background Ponies, I couldn't care less.

• 2 weeks later...

Mane Six:  Applejack! She's responsible, strong both mentally and physically, hardworking, loyal, honest and loves both her friends and her family dearly. Though she does have flaws, she is the most down-to-earth of the mane six, and is best at bringing the best in them (see Sisterhooves Social). I wish I had an older sister like her! Though, Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are close seconds thanks to how they grew and developed through the seasons.

Secondary Character: Princess Celestia! She is wise yet approachable and friendly, can balance mercy with justice, and is a wonderful mentor (and even secondary mother figure) for Twilight. She's also very powerful, and that is why it causes such fear when she falls to a villain. 

Tertiary Background Character: Cyclops is best pony. 

Noteworthy_animation_error_S1E26.png

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is my favourite of the Mane 6.

She's just a joy to watch with her over-the-top reactions, sassy one-liners and ever-so-slightly snooty attitude. On top of that, I can really relate to Rarity's love of beautiful aesthetics and I always enjoy seeing episodes showcasing her artistic talent both in and outside of dress-making. She looked like a Disney princess-pony in 'Simple Ways' and I can't get enough of seeing her creations.

There's a lot more I could say about why Rarity is my favourite. From her subversion of the 'antagonistic fashionista' type trope, to the interesting exploration of social class in a lot of Rarity-centric episodes (and in her goal to become a member of high society), but I'll just say she has a beautiful singing voice and leave it at that. :please:

As far as secondary characters go, I really like Big McIntosh but I also really like Scootaloo, and agh, both of them are so great, it's impossible to choose a favourite.

Fluttershy she si just cute and kind, like she is the most selfless of them all

secondary scotaloo she is just a very relatable character, flight to the finish is my favorite episode cause who depicts kid suffering with disabilities , we se her being bully tried her best to flight and failing and it's hard to watch

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fluttershy is my favourite of the mane 6, because she basically is me! I am also really really painfully shy and I love animals. My second favourite would be Twilight because I am a book worm and always was a bit of a nerd at school.

To be honest, I love all of the mane 6 though. Rarity can grate on my nerves sometimes but she has a good heart and can be really funny.

I was surprised not to see more Discord votes. I happen to think he is pretty awesome.

Edited by Flutter~Sparkle

Pinkie Pie is my favourite because she is basically me. However she's been mean to Fluttershy a few times and that made me really sad. I've worked very hard on being sensitive to people's issues, especially social anxiety, and it was disappointing to see her scaring Fluttershy.

I don't know why, because it's totally out of character for me, but I also really like Rarity. I'm thinking it's her generosity (and the accent).

My favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle because I usually tend to like characters that are shown to be intelligent and try their best to use rational thinking and logic to solve their problems. I guess you could say she reminds me of myself a little, since I tend to do the same. She is also shown to be hesitant at exercising her powers, is overwhelmed at times, "recharges" herself through solitary activities, is naturally curious, and has trouble with social situations, (though this has lessened as the show has progressed). All these are things I can relate to. At the same time, she also represents the kind of person I want to be - a leader that takes everyone and everything into consideration and tries their best to protect and serve those they care about. Now, Twilight is not a leader that would readily abuse her power simply to serve her own needs, at least not considering how she has grown, and does not seem to let her leadership get to her head. I've heard this described before as being a "quiet leader," one who leads by example rather than authority. I would like to be that kind of person someday.

My second favorite would be Fluttershy, though I also dislike this character for a particular reason. She represents what I consider to be the worst aspect of myself - crippling social anxiety. Fluttershy lives alone, talks to animals, often lets fear control her, and out of the Mane Six, takes the longest to change, with many commenting on the fact that "she just learns the same lesson over and over." It actually hit a little too close to home during the tea party scene in Scare Master. Just a little too real in the "shy" department.

I also like Celestia's motherly, yet fun-loving nature and wisdom and Vinyl's taste in music and personality.

Edited by TigerGeekGuy