Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Inspirational Fictional Character?

~Brenden~

For me, this is twofold. Both of them having largely the same significance, basically reinforcing each other.

First of all, Derek Stiles from the Trauma Center series. 

000qc34f.png

I'd always enjoyed helping others, but this man made me see that aspect of myself in a more refined light. I really enjoyed operating on the patients in the game, giving them the chance to live on. It seemed like the ultimate way to help others, and as such, sparked an interest in medicine. Unfortunately, I didn't (and still don't) think that I would make a good surgeon, so I wasn't sure where to take that interest.

Then, Greg House came along. (I'm assuming it still counts if the character itself is fictional  :P)

gregory-house-7.jpg

This man showed me that medicine wasn't necessarily all hands-on surgeries 'n pillz. It put a different perspective on the profession, making me see that I could do something behind-the-scenes and still help the process. For whatever reason, that appealed to me, and I went with it.  ;)

In a very direct way, these two shaped who I am, and who I aspire to be. They, in essence, showed me what I wanted to be. And for that, I will always give them the credit they deserve.  :)

Also, because ponies. :) 

derek_stiles_by_shadowxsonic1-d4f9rj5.pn

• Brohoof 1

Oh my gosh.

Sonic the freaking Hedgehog.

Let me tell you, that bro was and still is my Hero, I love that blue dude. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Captain America. He doesn't stand for the government or the nation, he stands for the ideals it was founded upon and the American dream. Freedom, truth, equality, and justice for all. And when something needs to be stood up for, he digs in and gets it done. He knows the world has a million shades of grey and he still tries his best to see things as black and white, right and wrong. Usually if I have to make tough calls, I just think "what would Cap do if he was in this situation?" And most of the time it turns out to be the best solution

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

*Master of this thread enters the stage* Dang... I haven't been on this thread in a LOOOOONG time and it has this many replies?! Wow! :D That pleases me!

• Brohoof 1

Well the pony character that inspired me was Octavia. I'm learning how to play the cello because I actually do think it's a wonderful instrument as well.

The more interesting fictional character is Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series. I realized that I've always had a knack for putting pieces of a mystery together, and I like proving other people wrong. That's why one of my life dreams is to become a prosecutor.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

The Doctor from Doctor Who comes to mind; dude's been around for hundreds and hundreds of years and seen the most horrible things, yet he's still as motivated and passionate about life as always. Not sure if I find any one incarnation more inspiring than the others, but the episode 'Heaven Sent' is by far where he shined the brightest, I feel :)

​I think I'll go with Kira Nerys from Star Trek: Deep Space 9.  A lovely woman and a beautiful smile she can still beat the crap out of those that are twice her size.

320x240.jpg

​She's had to deal with a lot in her past, especially with the Cardassian Occupation.  When the series first started, she was a hard headed and feisty young woman.  As the series progressed though, she challenged her demons and overcame her past as a rebel fighter.  She even ended up helping liberate the people she had once despised by the end of the series.  Nana Visitor really brought a lot to the role and she'll always be a ray of sunshine in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

batman; reasonable, logical, high moral, and at the same time empathize toward the villain's point of view.

• Brohoof 1

I get inspired from characters that gain abilities more easily. 

Like Megaman when I was little.

Or when I am older Alex Mercer from Prototype, which is an odd choice, but I think ease of access of character's growth is important, I guess.

Neither of them really have much personality tho.

For that I like Trixie and Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Trixie is better though, she has a nice hat giggles. But Rarity has a really entertaining personality at times and is a little diverse which might not be noticeable at first.

Well, I've got a couple, and they're all on my profile! :P

But to keep things short & to contribute to the thread, Pinkie Pie has inspired me to be happier & to look on the bright side, and that being weird & goofy isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

And couple of Transformers have given me inspiration as well; the Autobot Jazz because of his improvisinal skills & swagger, and how much I want both of those things. :P

Soundwave, Megatron's right-hand man, has also inspired me due to how he handles everything with a rock-hard will & a sense of drive and loyalty that's unmatched.

this awesome lady

post-2071-0-33503000-1485423601_thumb.jpg

Rogue (X-Men)

Especially during my teen years, I was that misfit who would not let anyone too close, but my little gang. When with the gang, I was the hotheaded one and also the muscle. I also never hugged anyone. I didnt really know how good it was to be hugged until I got my first boyfriend. Now all I want is a cuddle lol.

Personalitywise, Rogue and I are a match. Can still be relcusive and find it hard to trust anyone, but (now especially) can be the head strong one, but lose temper quickly. 

Later in the comics she actually learns to control her energy sapping power and settles with Gambit - which is something I feel I've reached in life. I also have a similar power to her (other than her Miss Marvel powers) Its silly though. I am able to just absorb the body heat of others and stay warm for some time. Which tends to leave the other person cold afterwards LOL! 

• Brohoof 1

Grand Master Yoda: His wisdom and his amazing quotes are greatly inspiring!

Chirrut Imwe: He's quite charismatic and his mantra always comes in handy when things aren't looking so bright.

Godzilla: He's always ready to kick some ass and show who's the king of the kaiju.

Goku: I totally grew up with this guy, what more can i say?

Batman: A truly magnificent vigilante born from grief and despair.

Samus Aran: She's so badass and is always ready for whatever adventure she can partake

Asura (Asura's Wrath): He and Kratos are huge inspirations for all of us with short temper.

Nariko (Heavenly Sword): Her dialogue, impressive design and story make her awesome.

Pretty much any major protagonist from the GTA franchise.

Edited by Dino-Mario

Yoda, first and foremost. He's always got it together and is a great example of strength, focus and peaceful use of power. Ahsoka Tano is another great example, I just love her. She doesn't mind facing extreme odds to do what she must, even as a Padawan learner.

Okay, aside from Star Wars though, I really like Barbie, Rapunzel, Belle and Indiana Jones. How's that for an eclectic mix?  

• Brohoof 1

Sunset has been an inspiration to me because like her, I've struggled to find my place in the world and have been ignored by my peers all because of being different. Wario has also been an inspiration as he does whatever he wants and doesn't take any bull from those who think his actions are questionable.

My inspirational fictional characters would have to be Avatar Korra and Sunset Shimmer.

Both of them had to go undergo major struggles throughout the course of their stories in order to become much more empathetic and compassionate people.

Seeing Korra learn how to become a more controlled and diplomatic individual and by extension learn how to become the Avatar the world needed, was a really satisfying character arc, and by the last two seasons she ended up becoming my favorite character in the Legend of Korra.

For Sunset Shimmer, I felt that by the end of Rainbow Rock, she really worked hard through blood, sweat, and tears in order to prove to herself and others that she had turned over a new leaf, and ended up becoming a stronger individual.

And similar to Korra, become a much more empathetic individual, which is really apparent give the climax to Friendship Games where she reached out to Sci Twi and saved the day, by giving her the same kind of compassion that Princess Twilight gave her at the end of the first movie.

That in turn ended up showcasing Sunset's character arc going full circle, which is why it is one of my favorite scenes from both FIM and EQG.

Also in a similar reasoning to why I loved Daydream Shimmer defeating Midnight Sparkle, I really enjoyed how Korra reached out to Kuvira and was able to get her to surrender in the series finale.

• Brohoof 1

Mine is Jean Luc Picard :adorkable: hehe,I;m not good at explaining stuff sooo,I like him since he proof Q that humans can be worthy and not savages as they used to :wacko: he also experience things that no other people had before  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

All joking aside... Jean-Luc Picard is a bit of an inspirational character for me. Whenever I find myself thrust into a leadership position, I try to emulate his leadership style by being rational, reasonable and respectful towards my fellow workers. It sits a lot better with me than being the "power-hungry dictator" and these skills usually take people by surprise (I'm normally pretty quiet.)

Picard will always be a huge inspiration, and my favorite captain. <3

As for me though, my biggest inspirational character is probably Starscream. He KNOWS he's a failure. He's selfish and ambitious, and his plans never seem to pan out. But does any of that stop him? No way.

No matter what Megatron says, or the Autobots do, no matter how many times his plan blows up in his face, he's always trying again. I've always loved that treacherous screech birb.

(Maybe that courage in the face of defeat is why I also love Dick Gumshoe so much?)

• 1 year later...

I think most humans might call Twily "fictional," so I look up towards Twilight, seeing how she is a perfectionist at almost everything, and kinda knows everything. She also thought me how friendship could improve my life. I gave it a chance.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

Well, all of the Mane 6 have inspired me in some way, and have taught me to be a better friend. :twi: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2