Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you sell your soul to Devil to find love?

RainbowMau

Yep. I actually did just last week. Turns out it was hiding behind the fridge the whole time.

By the way, does anybody out there have a spare soul for me to borrow? I need Old Scratch to help me find my keys...

Edited by Frith is Magick
  • Brohoof 1

And go to a place where I'll burn forever in eternal flames and be clawed and bitten and whipped by demons while they dump itching powder on me and maggots eat my flesh and drink my blood and tears after I die? I don't think so...

I would be totally willing. Heck, Satan might just be a really cool guy, no conscious living man knows. He probably has got some cool stuff down in hell.

No, but seriously, I wouldn't sell my soul for something as pointless as love. A year ago, I overcame my desperation and longing for it, and have become someone totally different.

I don't believe in any of that stuff, but if I did, I'm condemned to hell from birth anyway, for a multitude of reasons (my grandmother was born out of wedlock, so for seven generations everyone's sentenced to hell, women aren't allowed into heaven, to hear some tell it neither are LGBTs; I could go on but I won't).  So would I?

Yes, if I could guarantee it would be true love on both our parts.  People who haven't truly been in love never understand the difference, but there is one... my last partner loved me, but it wasn't the kind of true love, what she felt faded away and she left.  Meanwhile I did feel the true kind, and the result is I'm interested in someone else now but I still miss that person every single day and I still have strong feelings for her months later when I really shouldn't and really don't want to.

So if I could guarantee that the love would be lasting kind on both our parts, I'd do it, otherwise no.  I want love more than anything else but I have no time or patience for any of this superficial stuff or things that are just going to end after a year or two.  I don't want a partner for the sake of having one, I want the kind of companionship I only ever had when I was with someone I truly loved.  If Satan could give that to me, sure I'd sell him my "soul."  Your brain makes you who you are, and as far as I know not having a soul doesn't kill you (supposedly nonhuman animals don't have souls, anyway... and animals are much kinder and understanding than people), and I'm already going to hell, so... why shouldn't I?

Edited by Rubeus

No, because I'm going to find it on Feburary 19th, when Fire Emblem Fates comes ou-

No seriously, I wouldn't; selling your soul sounds like an awful idea in the long run.

No thanks. I'm not that desperate for a relationship. :P

Besides, I'm one to believe that these things should happen when they're meant to happen. Forcing a relationship I feel would only lead to despair.

I already have a woman, so no. However I would give out my soul on a loan to him at an exchange rate of 1 soul per year interest rate over a 5 year period, with the condition that my soul will also be returned upon completion of the loan contract. I can then lend out those souls to other demons at a higher interest rate as they wouldn't have as high a soul credit score as Satan himself (There is currently no regulation in the soul loan market :D). After about 20 years I will have made myself the most prominent venture capitalist in Hell. I will be the Trump of Tartarous. Eventually I will take Hell from Satan in a hostile corporate takeover. Then, and only then, can my dark work begin.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

No, (assuming it exists) selling the soul to the devil is the ultimate sacrifice of long-term for short-term gains. Now, if I am going to hell anyway, I might consider some other gains, but if I am going to hell anyway, the devil will not be interested in an exchange (as he will get my soul for free anyway).

If we’re talking about her 

513115EE-CEB1-41A6-BB40-B15EB489FF1E.png.dbd1c4048380791802daee4d1af55757.png
then I’ll happy to give my heart and soul for her! 

• Brohoof 1

I already have love, so I would instead sell my soul for immense amounts of wealth. Money is all that matters overall and my soul, if such a thing exists, isn't worth anything else anyways. Any form of the devil would be getting a bad deal with my soul.

(edited)

I don't believe in any of that, so you see if the Devil and souls *did* exist, it would be a change for me. Whereas in the real world where there are no deities or souls, there is no guarantee of a soulmate for me ever actually being a thing (and thus, I am worried about ever finding love), in a scenario where the Devil and souls *do* exist, then the idea of soulmates actually being a thing to bank on would become much more realistic and I would have no reason to sell my soul to the Devil.

Edited by Envy

(edited)

Honestly I feel when people ask about "selling your soul" I really don't know how to respond because I've never seen a consistent definition of what the "soul" consists of. Does it consist of every trait I possess? Does it consist of every trait I have that the Christian doctrine considers "moral"? Or... really what even is it?

But to answer this question in the present moment, no because I already have found love. :catface: Though if I were single it would be a question I couldn't answer without more knowledge of the parameters and also knowledge that souls and the Devil even exist.

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ