Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of brony are you?

HoovesOnIce

I'm sure someone has asked this before but what kind of brony do you see yourself as?  Do you find yourself to be more casual of one where you just enjoy the show and sometimes talk to the community or are you pretty hardcore and have tons of merch and constantly being connected with other bronies.  I'm sure there are many more times of bronies besides just casual and hardcore so be descriptive. I'd like to know how to view your pony loving self as. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Someone who enjoys the show and fandom but isn't overly obsessed with the show and doesn't see the need to make it part of my own identity.

Plus I view the title of calling yourself a brony to be completely optional and I don't really need to call me self one but I am okay with others calling me a brony.

• Brohoof 2

I think I lean more towards the side of a hardcore Brony, but not all the way. I collect a bunch of merch, when I can. Pretty much the only music I listen to is Brony music. I occasionally make horrible fanart. I use MLPF, BronySquare, Derpibooru, and Fimfiction a lot.

But I only watch the new episodes as they're released, now. I don't really socialize with other Bronies all that much. I have one friend that I hang out with on Kik and Xbox Live. Never been to a con, probably never will.

I'm around the middle. I do a FiM marathon/mare-a-thon yearly, watching all the eps from the first to the last. I spend a decent amount of time around here and on dA (less so there though), and I also draw ponies a whole lot. Only merch I have is two plushies, which I bought rather recently.

So, I'd say I'm not "casual" since I am involved with the fandom, but I'm not "hardcore" either because I don't get involved too much, constantly talk about ponies or be around pony content 24/7. :P

I'm more of a casual one as of now, but I do see myself as a huge brony. I watch the show when a new episode comes out, I read the fanfictions, I browse Equestria Daily from time to time, I use these forums, but once I start to live on my own I would probably buy a lot of plushies and have them up for display on shelves in my room. Ponifying my room would be awesome.

(edited)

More of a casual brony. I don't buy merch and won't watch it extensively, but I still engage in the fandom, and I'm very analytical of the show.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

(edited)

I don't know. Tell me:

I have no merch. Nada.

I rarely watch the show.

I frequently use MLPForums.

I frequently roleplay. No erotic RP though.

I sometimes make crappy SFW fanfiction.

I frequently use Discord to talk to brony friends, and conversations sometimes get... weird. I don't care though.

The only people IRL who are confirmed knowing I'm a brony are a couple of IRL friends.

I don't talk about my bronydom much outside the interwebz.

I have never went to a convention, but am hoping to one day.

Edited by Lonk Chase

Personally I think I'm in the middle, I have TONS of MLP merch, I have fellow brony friends and followers myself but I'm actually still on Season 1 of the show. Despite being so far behind the series, I promote and tell my friends all about it, and I still think it's the best show on TV today so..in a way I'm both :P

Probably casual these days. I got a little obsessed with it in the earlier days when I first discovered the show, and I still get seriously worked up when a really good episode comes along, but I'm keeping it in perspective. I buy a few little toys now and then, but just small stuff for fun.

I have other areas of interest where I've gone completely crazy and obsessed over it and spent every dime I earned for years buying the merchandise from. That was (and is) Star Wars, and I don't think I want to get immersed in anything else to that degree. I'm too monogamous.  :orly:

• Brohoof 1

Not sure.

I have a few MLP merch (1-5).

I go on MLP forums 10+ times everyday.

I'm trying to catch up on all the episodes.

I don't really know what else to say...

Casual fan, I go on forums and create fanart, and have watched all the episodes, but aside from that, I don't talk much, I have only like 2 mlp merchandise, and not many people know I'm a fan.

An average fan. I do have a small number of MLP plushies, sometimes talk about of the show around the forums but not as frequently like before, and read some pony fan fiction.

Only a few close friends of mine know that I'm a fan of the show, but I keep it to myself since it's just another hobby of mine.

I believe I'm more of a casual fan. I have some plushies (of the mane six) and so far I've mostly just watched the first four seasons. I have been going on MLP forums and some other fansites more recently. Given my location, I don't have any irl brony friends and haven't attended any cons yet.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. Tell me:

I have no merch. Nada.

I rarely watch the show.

I frequently use MLPForums.

I frequently roleplay. No erotic RP though.

I sometimes make crappy SFW fanfiction.

I frequently use Discord to talk to brony friends, and conversations sometimes get... weird. I don't care though.

The only people IRL who are confirmed knowing I'm a brony are a couple of IRL friends.

I don't talk about my bronydom much outside the interwebz.

I have never went to a convention, but am hoping to one day.

Discord? What is that mate? 

(edited)

I consider myself more casual. I don't actually watch the show too often, but rather binge on Netflix every once in a while (I haven't in a while now. I think it's time for another binge). I own a little bit of merch, but not very much.

I am, however, somewhat active in the online brony community.

It's not that I don't have a social life outside the internet, It's more that none of my friends are Bronies.

Edited by El Duderino

• I'm a fan of the show
  • I watch pmv
  • I check out and draw pony art.
  • I don't go to conventions or partake much in the fandom.
  • I keep to myself and no one knows much about me.

My classification? Unknown

(edited)

Casual, I suppose.

I keep up with new episodes and some of the fan works, I make a bit of fan art on occasion, and I browse these forums and Equestria Daily once a day.

I don't have any merch at all though, and no one would know I was a brony unless I told them outright.

Edited by Detritus

I'm the crazy brony who impersonate his OC, has a ton of mlp pictures and believes he would go to Equestria one day. Classification: Almost-discord-but-not-really

• Brohoof 1

I would say I am a casual fan of MLP.

- I do collect the merchandise, but only certain sorts and I keep my collection fairly small.

- I watch new episodes as they air, but I rarely re-watch them.

- I have seen all of the EQG movies. (But I dislike them)

- I have never been to an MLP convention, but I do want to attend one.

- I created a pony OC and I even have a custom-made plush and figure of her.

I'm a sub-casual at the moment. I don't even watch the show anymore or engage with the community actively. I'm looking for a way to be a normal casual again