Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has My Little Pony been nothing but a joke all this time?

onlyone

(edited)

I want to express my anger about this. I have been a fan ever since the beginning of S2 and have loved this show like I've never loved any TV show before. When I heard about the fans I firmly believed that I found individuals who have the desire to use this show's morals to improve themselves as well as the rest of the world.

But now with all the recent criticisms made by the fandom towards every last episode in S6, I am really starting to believe otherwise. I have a lot of questions about this.

Is the wish to enjoy the show and take its optimism to heart a lost cause?

A dream that is only conceived by naïve fools?

Have I wasted approximately 4-5 years watching an imperfect show?

Was my decision to watch the show a squandering of my life?

Are the VAs and staff whom I so admire wasting their talents on this?

Is the fandom really right about the show going down the drain?

Is My Little Pony one of the worst, no, the absolute worst thing to ever exist?

Most importantly, should it all just disappear so there is one less imperfection in the world, TV quality shall soon be completely destroyed leading to its sad demise and the world should just go back to tearing itself apart?

I already missed Flutter Brutter and Spice Up Your Life and I am already too frightened by even watching a second of them because all that I will see afterwards is nothing but slander about them and that of all the future material of the show. If you want to shoot me for being a coward or whatever reason go ahead. I don't care anymore what happens to me because I feel so worthless enjoying S6 as well as all the other seasons when everyone else has nothing good to say anymore. I am on the brink of abandoning the thing that I so dearly loved and I don't know what to do. Not that anyone here has anything supportive or encouraging to say.

Edited by onlyone
  • Brohoof 4

Okay, chill. It's okay to like things that other people don't, no matter what anyone else might say. I actually rather like S6, and both "Flutter Brutter" and "Spice Up Your Life" are very entertaining episodes. MLP has always been imperfect, and it's very much okay to love something that isn't absolutely perfect. I may have found seasons 4 and 5 unsatisfying, but that doesn't mean you have to. You do you and keep on enjoying the show, alright? You're not wasting anything or doing anything wrong.

• Brohoof 23

I'm sure MLP isn't the worst thing to exist. As much as Flutter Brutter was terrible and Spice Up Your Life was okay I'm sure it's all a glitch and post hiatus S6 episodes will be better. They are in fact in the process of making a movie too so their efforts are thinned at the moment. You just got to chill out a little watch some S2 or S5 episodes and take your mind off of current events. It's not the end of the franchise. 

• Brohoof 1

Watch the show and enjoy it. Ignore the fans who complain. Make up your own mind about the show. I haven't truly despised a single episode, even ones the fandom at large seems to hate.

Forget the fans if it keeps you from enjoying the show.

• Brohoof 6

Your enjoyment of something should not be bound to other's enjoyment of the same thing. Looking for validation in a preference for media limits you.

• Brohoof 13

Personally I am enjoying season 6 so far.

If you are not than you don't need to continue watching the show if you don't like the way that it is currently heading in.

Plus if your problems are with the fandom than you can just ignore it and not interact with it and watch the show on your own merits.

• Brohoof 2

Dunno why the sudden rise of dramatic "true fans" of the show nowadays, but I believe they are just criticizing senseless for the sake to seek drama on their lives and claim the show has been ruined forever. I advice you either stay away from the  fandom and enjoy the show by your own merits if their opinion affects you too much, OR take their overdramatic criticism with humor and have a laugh like I do :lol: (they amateurs compared to Twilicorn and Flashy stealing waifus though :dash:)

• Brohoof 6

No, not at all.

Well someone's been browsing 4chan. Look, optimism is a legitimate mindset no matter what inspires it.

Yes you have. The Sopranos is also imperfect. As is Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls. "Imperfect" doesn't mean bad or even total crap.

Not in the least. It was one of my better decisions.

Given the amount of traffic John De Lancie and Tara Strong have both made with this show, I'd say no they have not at all.

You mean that thing some have been saying since Season 2?

Oh come on, even hyperbolically that's a laughable notion.

Most importantly, should it all just disappear so there is one less imperfection in the world, TV quality shall soon be completely destroyed leading to its sad demise and the world should just go back to tearing itself apart?

Dude, I highly doubt television is keeping the world from "tearing itself apart." The world could always be better but the "loss" of this show won't destroy it even if it did get cancelled. No though, I don't think MLP FiM should go away as either a show or social group. It's a good show and the fandom remains a great center to form friendships. 

• Brohoof 10

I am sorry to hear you feel that way, I wish I could say you are wrong, but not everyone manages to adopt to motives of the show. But this doesn't mean you should give up. Don't you think your dreams worth fighting for?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not really.

Only if you didn't enjoy watching it.

Also there's no such thing as a perfect show. All shows have at least one bad thing in them.

Was my decision to watch the show a squandering of my life??

No. The worst case scenario is that you wasted a couple of hours watching a cartoon and spent some money on merch.

Not in my opinion.

Well, the last two seasons isn't as good as the previous seasons. That's at least my opinion.

Well, it did create "Slice of Life" so it's close.

Seriously though, the answer is no. MLP is fairly decent and there's a lot of things that are way worse.

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

No, not at all.

Well someone's been browsing 4chan. Look, optimism is a legitimate mindset no matter what inspires it.

Yes you have. The Sopranos is also imperfect. As is Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls. "Imperfect" doesn't mean bad or even total crap.

Not in the least. It was one of my better decisions.

Given the amount of traffic John De Lancie and Tara Strong have both made with this show, I'd say no they have not at all.

You mean that thing some have been saying since Season 2?

Oh come on, even hyperbolically that's a laughable notion.

Dude, I highly doubt television is keeping the world from "tearing itself apart." The world could always be better but the "loss" of this show won't destroy it even if it did get cancelled. No though, I don't think MLP FiM should go away as either a show or social group. It's a good show and the fandom remains a great center to form friendships. 

I don't think the world would be affected much, if at all, if the show got cancelled. 

MLP is a good show, but it's not even close to being one of the best cartoons of all time. Let's not act like it's a flawless masterpiece. It's a show that was made to sell toys to young girls. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, don't worry about what some people say. If you enjoy the show as it is, that's all that should matter to you. No, MLP is not the worst thing to exist. Far from it. Yes, some people will be critical of the show, and there is also nothing wrong with that, but if you don't like their criticisms, simply don't view them. 

• Brohoof 1

Literally no show in existence is perfect and that is perfectly fine. A show can have its own flaws and still be very enjoyable. For example: I hate the episode Newbie Dash. I think it is one of the worst episodes in the entire show and it has flaws out the wazoo, but just because that episode was flawed, it doesn't stop me from having a good time with other episodes. Like Saddle Row Review, which I absolutely love. <3

If you feel that criticism impacts your enjoyment of the show, then simply ignore that. That is the best advice I can give. Just enjoy the show as you want to.

Season Six has been an AWESOME season so far! Depending on how good the next two Spike episodes this season are, it may be considered the best season! They're already doing better with him, and a promo image on Facebook sorta hints Babs coming back, and fingers crossed for a Spike song, and Lightning Dust and Wind Rider to return! This might be the best season in the series if all this happens!

If you're going to let other people's critisisms and opinions keep you from enjoying the show, I suggest you at least watch Spice Up Your Life. The episode's message is actually pretty reminicent of your current situation..

• Brohoof 2

MLP is a good show, but it's not even close to being one of the best cartoons of all time. Let's not act like it's a flawless masterpiece. It's a show that was made to sell toys to young girls.

Yeah, but by that logic it didn't need to be near as good as it is.

• Brohoof 1

Take my advice, ignore these kinda of people, they are cynical and are only looking for something to complain about.

If you can't ignore it, then i recommed you to stay away from this session of the forum.

And for God's sake, don't watch any video made by Lily Peet, Tommy Oliver or Digibrony, don't do it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've seen numerous sense of MLPFIM or Bronydom apocalypse, but this is perhaps the most extreme case I've seen to date.

Most would talk about how MLPFIM is going to become or is already becoming a terrible cartoon, but this post surpasses that to suggest that MLPFIM may have always been an abomination to the world and is literally making the world a worse place. It's to the point where I'm not sure whether the post was made as a joke.

But assuming it's not, then you should probably be aware, especially if you've been in the fandom for four or five years, that there has always been Bronies who dread the doomsday of MLPFIM or Bronydom or, paradoxically, are dedicated fans yet seem to hate the show. If anything, I would have expected you to eventually stop taking such sentiments too seriously... but I guess you gave into them instead and are now questioning whether you wasted the past half decade of your life. In a way, you could say that you did waste significant amount of time on MLPFIM, but the same could be said for any other form of entertainment. And of course MLPFIM isn't perfect, but form or entertainment, or anything in general, is perfect?

You really shouldn't let others affect your enjoyment of the show; the existence of different opinions isn't a bad thing. Why should you suddenly stop enjoying MLPFIM especially if you love it so much? That seems like a terrible idea to me.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 6

Just because some people online criticize an episode doesn't mean it has to stop you from enjoying said show and taking the optimism to heart.

Just simply enjoying the show does not make you naive. People can do whatever they want with their enjoyment of the show. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

Look, every form of entertainment is imperfect. It's not, "wasting your life." You can look passed imperfections and enjoy stuff. Besides, "perfect" is a subjective point of view anyway.

Do you feel your life is worse now because of it?

Well they still seem to be enjoying it. They still seem to be making a decent profit on it. So no.

Subjective. Some portions of the fandom claim the show has been going downhill. But just because they say it, doesn't mean it's true. Hell, I don't think the show is going downhill.

No. Not even the people who hate the show say that. At worst, the say it's not as good as people claim it is. No one I've seen has ever called it a terrible abomination. Besides, there's a lot more terrible things you could be watching.

People find more distractions from, 'tearing each other apart' than just TV. Heck, TV is starting to become outdated to the internet.

For the rest of the post, like I said above, just because some people online criticize something, doesn't mean you have to listen to it. There are episodes that get criticized to hell that I enjoy and does it bother me? No. And it shouldn't bother you.

• Brohoof 1

No definitely not.

This dream you talk about is only conceived by their point of view only and not by yours.

Imperfect or not, it's not on others to decide your weight in judging the show. People's opinions can influence your experience so to say and ignore it.

If you feel like it was an obstacle in life then it's your ability to be in control and reduce said obstacles.

No certainly not, they're the ones whom lay the foundation the show and saying it's a waste couldn't reflect how the show actually turned out and the amout of great talent to make what the show is.

We can have all the talk about how the show is going down but truly it's all suggestive to each individual.

No. I've seen worst and claiming it to be the worst means that MLP has no good virtues and benefits as a whole. Nothing is perfect and MLP shouldn't be too.

One less imperfection doesn't change the rest of the world as the world is already imperfect. MLP isn't picture perfect but I portraits a better light in spite of things.

If you need others to assure you that you're doing the right thing, that means you aren't. Stop watching MLP for 6 months, then decide whether you want to go back to it, or else continue ignoring it. 

I'm sorry if you came here to be pat on the head, but season 6 was terrible (relative to other seasons), but if you like it, who cares?

Applejack is my favorite pony, but she consistently gets #6 for Best MC, and I'm sure will consistently get #7 once people accept the fact Starlight's a Main Character now.

Is the wish to enjoy a silly pony and take her optimism to heart a lost cause?

Have I wasted approximately 4-5 years watching an imperfect pony?

Was my decision to watch this pony a squandering of my life?

Is Ashleigh Ball, whom I so admire wasting her talents on this?

Is the fandom really right about Applejack being a background pony?

Is Applejack one of the worst, no, the absolute worst pony in the show?

Most importantly, should she just disappear so there is one less imperfection in the world, TV quality shall soon be completely destroyed leading to its sad demise and the world should just go back to tearing itself apart?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no. And do you know what? I'm perfectly happy with that.