Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't think feminists are bad

Laurel

The so called feminazis in some cases :P

But i just fear people will have an excuse to hate women if this goes too far, its usually people's fault who get baited by this or use it as an excuse to hate people. With the internet this is easy, to provoke and be loud and then people keep biting, the same thing goes with racism aswell, like if you are a white male for example which is ment to bait. The problem is people keep on biting. The unserious issues shouldn't be taken seriously, and i see this is more of a bait for right wing politicians in some cases.

Either way i am for women's rights so i don't see that as a wrong thing.

Edit: For example. I know a guy who said there should be a penalty for adultery. Not that cheating on someone you love is ok, but this would be abused if it got in court i can guarantee. And i just have some fear that the massive hatred for feminism will come the idea that they should be stripped of fundamental human rights which i fear in terms of circumstances etc, and then being charged for it. I after all considers males and females different, and having respect and courtesy should exist.

Edited by Yellow Diamond
  • Brohoof 1

Extremism in any group is a bad thing, but anyone who would use the extremists present in the feminist movement as an excuse to hate ALL women is a massive jackass.  And, it just so happens, that behavior only hands said extremists the validation they're looking for.

You also mentioned racism; that's a similarly "fun" topic.

I routinely see the denizens of the internet condemning "social justice warriors" and "political correctness," and, from an earnest freedom of speech perspective, I can kind-of see where they're coming from.  But, at the same damn time, I see people who just use that as justification for spouting racial slurs and hate speech towards people who are different than they are.  The anti-SJW crowd ALSO contains extremists, and they just make all of the freedom-of-speechers look bad by association.

This correlates directly to extremism in feminism.

The next time someone's condemning feminism and feminists, it might be worthwhile for them to take a look at the stupid fucks who cry out against political correctness before saying the most moronic, troll-ish, and deliberately inflammatory thing they can under the guise of practicing their rights.  Because those people are just as full of shit - and self-validating - as any extremist out there.

• Brohoof 4

Extremism in any group is a bad thing, but anyone who would use the extremists present in the feminist movement as an excuse to hate ALL women is a massive jackass.  And, it just so happens, that behavior only hands said extremists the validation they're looking for.

You also mentioned racism; that's a similarly "fun" topic.

I routinely see the denizens of the internet condemning "social justice warriors" and "political correctness," and, from an earnest freedom of speech perspective, I can kind-of see where they're coming from.  But, at the same damn time, I see people who just use that as justification for spouting racial slurs and hate speech towards people who are different than they are.  The anti-SJW crowd ALSO contains extremists, and they just make all of the freedom-of-speechers look bad by association.

This correlates directly to extremism in feminism.

The next time someone's condemning feminism and feminists, it might be worthwhile for them to take a look at the stupid fucks who cry out against political correctness before saying the most moronic, troll-ish, and deliberately inflammatory thing they can under the guise of practicing their rights.  Because those people are just as full of shit - and self-validating - as any extremist out there.

Freedom of speech is bad because some people are A-holes? Why sweetie pie, there will always be A-holes on the left and on the right, free speech or not. Shutting them up wouldn’t make this world a better place, nor would it change their views, or should I say our views. Freedom of speech is a pillar of a democratic society and a curse we need to bear in order for such a society to function. Just don’t mistake this freedom with immunity. When one deliberately calls for violence, one needs to be judged accordingly, but one should be free to call someone white trash or a [racism 1] and be called an A-hole in return.

Freedom of speech is bad because some people are A-holes?

Not even remotely close to what I actually said.  I said that people disingenuously use that position as an excuse to be douche bags.

but one should be free to call someone white trash or a [racism 1] and be called an A-hole in return.

And they are; they are free to do so.  Oftentimes without any significant repercussions and while behind a protective layer of anonymity; there's very little so much as hindering them.  Yet, I constantly see people complaining about how their rights are being stripped away by SJWs.  I've long since maintained the position you described, and I was exercising - in the very post you quoted - my ability to do what you said.

So you essentially just quoted someone who agrees with you for the purpose of disagreeing with a sentiment they never expressed.  Though, on the "freedom of speech" is "bad" front: even the dumbest son of a bitch has the right to exercise that freedom, and I've no delusions of being able to control that.  However, it doesn't mean that they actually have anything worthwhile to say.  Freedom of speech is a volume business.

All I was suggesting is that someone give a few seconds of thought to what they're going to say before saying it.  Prior to spouting the same hypocritical bullshit I've seen regurgitated all over the internet.

Edited by Ziggy + Angel + Rain

Not even remotely close to what I actually said.  I said that people disingenuously use that position as an excuse to be douche bags.

And they are; they are free to do so.  Oftentimes without any significant repercussions and while behind a protective layer of anonymity; there's very little so much as hindering them.  Yet, I constantly see people complaining about how their rights are being stripped away by SJWs.  I've long since maintained the position you described, and I was exercising - in the very post you quoted - my ability to do what you said.

So you essentially just quoted someone who agrees with you for the purpose of disagreeing with a sentiment they never expressed.  Though, on the "freedom of speech" is "bad" front: even the dumbest son of a bitch has the right to exercise that freedom, and I've no delusions of being able to control that.  However, it doesn't mean that they actually have anything worthwhile to say.  Freedom of speech is a volume business.

All I was suggesting is that someone give a few seconds of thought to what they're going to say before saying it.  Prior to spouting the same hypocritical bullshit I've seen regurgitated all over the internet.

Yet SJWs are the ones who want to strip us of our rights, not some anonymous idiots on the internet. People can use free speech however they see fit and you are free to complain about it. That does not wash away all the stupid shit SJWs have done outside the internet. You are trying to minimize the problem of political correctness and safe space mentality by falsely equating it with edgy internet culture. Well, that internet culture ain’t dictating policies, does it now.

Well, the ostentatiousness some exhibit, and the tendency towards the spread of misinformation for me are a deal breaker.

I don't think they are all the same, but i keep running into these types often enough to alienate me from their agenda.

If it is about the ACTUAL MOVEMENT of equal right of gender, it's not bad, period. The extremes :cof:feminazis:cof:, are the ones I have a problem with, starting by giving a bad name to the whole movement :dry:. Much like how terrorism gives a bad name to middle easterns

• Brohoof 1

Feminists/Feminism in general isn't bad, the original goal of the movement was simply equality, they wanted the equal rights that men had. The problem is that a subset of extreme feminists have been on the rise and they have become extremely more vocal and want to have everything catered to them rather than equal rights

• Brohoof 3

The idea of feminism isn't bad. The basic premise of giving equal rights to women is a great thing. My problem with feminism is that certain feminists use it as an excuse to shame people and look down upon them. Is that really advocating for equal treatment? Of course not. Ughhhh I could go on and on about how hypocritical some of the really outspoken feminists can be.

I still have friends who call themselves feminists and I have no problem with it. Just like how I have friends who are Muslim and I have no problem with that. I won't start generalizing and saying that "all feminists are bad." Just like how I don't believe in generalizing and saying that "all Muslims are terrorists."

It's unfortunate that there are people who give the ideology such a bad name.

• Brohoof 1

I think the moderate feminists should rename themselves to the gender equality movement. That would remove all relevance from the extremists and give everyone a better opinion of the people who are fighting for gender equality. But in reality, women are pretty equal now I think. The wage gap is largely a myth if you look at wages compared by job type. It doesn't completely vanish, but it gets much, much smaller. I think as time goes on, this will correct itself without the need for a political movement like feminism

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 1

I'd rather understand without implying any form of judgment related with the association of self. So I can perceive information from different perspectives.

Nothing is bad nor good, but the result of a complex algoritm of components. To empathize with the subject behind the word, is to understand.

Still, it saddens me that equality ties into policies and legislation, rather than conscious realization. They keep behaving by instinct.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

It depends on your definition of "bad", as that is a relative term with various meanings.

So, I think feminism is bad in the sense that it negatively affects the American society by painting men in a negative light. Doing such has caused a distrust of and bias against men who have only been accused, not proven, of committing wrongdoing against women.

• Brohoof 2

Feminism, as in the idea that women are equal, is, unequivocally, good. The problem is that feminism has changed from "women are equal to men" to "women are better than men." They don't want equality anymore. They want equality without responsibility. They only want the GOOD parts of equality. Modern feminism, at least in the first world, is no longer necessary. Feminists have demonized men to the point that people are appalled when there's abuse towards women but laugh when it's towards men. That is but one example. Another slam against men is the "Duluth model" for domestic violence. This states that, no matter what, the man is always seen as the aggressor. Even if the woman beats the fuck out of her boyfriend or husband, the dude may STILL be arrested. Incidences of this have seen multiple news reports and it is no mere exaggeration.

If you're a modern feminist and still about true equality, do yourself a favor: call yourself an egalitarian. True equality for all is a much worthier cause than just elevating women to the same level as men.

• Brohoof 7

26 minutes ago, The Historian said:

Feminism, as in the idea that women are equal, is, unequivocally, good. The problem is that feminism has changed from "women are equal to men" to "women are better than men." They don't want equality anymore. They want equality without responsibility. They only want the GOOD parts of equality. Modern feminism, at least in the first world, is no longer necessary. Feminists have demonized men to the point that people are appalled when there's abuse towards women but laugh when it's towards men. That is but one example. Another slam against men is the "Duluth model" for domestic violence. This states that, no matter what, the man is always seen as the aggressor. Even if the woman beats the fuck out of her boyfriend or husband, the dude may STILL be arrested. Incidences of this have seen multiple news reports and it is no mere exaggeration.

If you're a modern feminist and still about true equality, do yourself a favor: call yourself an egalitarian. True equality for all is a much worthier cause than just elevating women to the same level as men.

^ This.

• Brohoof 2

Also in some cases where movie studios are even afraid to make women how they were in the old days because "there needs to be a strong female lead etc" those are the fuckers that sgrivste me to know end. I wish Hollywood would stop pandering to a small minority!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think that they have points, but also that the Men's Rights people also do. Nonetheless I regard both as extremist fringe groups who clearly only intend to be divisive. If they didn't both have inherent sexism, they'd have joined together to fight for both men's and women's rights. But that isn't happening. Both groups demonize the other to such a crazy and downright demented extent.

In other words, if they would just stop bickering and get together with Men's Rights groups (which neither will ever let happen because they're both sexist) then I think the world could become a better place for it. Because there's sexism in modern society, but it goes both ways. Women may get paid 3/4 of what men do for the same job, but men get sentenced to 60% of the prison time women would for the same crime. Both are facts.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

the consept of feminism is inherently sexist,

equaltarianism is saying everyone should be equal in rights

feminism is giving as many rights and privelages to women because feminist groups made the guys guilty for something they might not even had a part in

I wasn't expecting to see this debate outside the debate forum. But since it isn't a debate, I can jump in saying, I have no clue about anything feminism. I believe everyone has the same rights depending on who you are. I cannot use any energy to understand any other concepts.

4 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I wasn't expecting to see this debate outside the debate forum. But since it isn't a debate, I can jump in saying, I have no clue about anything feminism. I believe everyone has the same rights depending on who you are. I cannot use any energy to understand any other concepts.

Eh... the current "feminism" is a dumb supremacist movement rather than an equalitarian one.

The "feminist" lobby nowadays is more a mercenary movement with political intend rather than a movement trying to eliminate discrimination against women.

Most "feminist" groups from nowadays ally themselves with the lgbtqwerty in an attempt to gain numbers for their uproars, but they also discriminate trans and homosexuals whenever they see fit. Another interesting thing to point out is how most of their strikes (due the lack of a better word for it) usually happen against left regymes that happen to just started (for instance, Mexico where the whole "a day without us" thing was promoted by the extreme right that just lost elections in 2018).

Modern "feminism" is also full of ignorance. They bash against marriage and Christian churches not knowing that the movement was started by a marriage AND supported by a catholic priest. Talk about irony.