Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What topics really bore you?

Reecejackox

(edited)

Geology bores the crap out of me. I don't know how stoned someone has to be to find it interesting. I know it's heavy stuff, but you really have to be off your rocker to listen to it. It's like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

I have one more but I'm not going to use it.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 2

Mainly political topics or topics that ask questions like what's the weather like for you right now i mainly prefer topics that get you thinking like 'what would you do if', or 'how would you react' and stuff like that where someone's imagination can go wild

(edited)

Sports and gaming I guess. I'm not against them, but I have very limited knowledge and can't really converse intelligently on either subject, which probably makes it boring for the person doing the talking.  

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Talking about art, I can look at art and appreciate it, but I can't do much besides that before I nod off due to how boring it can be. I feel asleep at times in art class cuz of how boring some of the lessons and artists we would talk about could be. Other than that I can also think of the Stock Market and Stocks and financial stuff in general. Don't even try to tell me what the stock market is like and such cuz I would be asleep before you know it. I have no interest in that topic and it is even more boring to me than art, which is saying something :maud:

I actually usually listen to discussions of all kinds, though some topics like religion, cars and sports I tend to tune out. People around me talk about those kind of things way too often, and I care for none of those topics nearly as much as they do. I also find discussions about bills and insurance pretty boring, though most of the time I hear those sorts of things talked about it's about how outrageous that they can cost.

No topic really bores me...Presentation I feel is much more important. Though Any conversation that I'm obligated to listen to... Has a weird effect of causing me to zone out whether I want to or not. 

• Brohoof 2

On 7/28/2018 at 1:40 AM, Oleks said:

Also, I don't really like conversations focused on negativity, something that a lot of people on this site seem to enjoy, judging from the number of topics like "What is the worst...", "What do you hate..." and "Why has MLP gone downhill?"

Oh my gosh yes that stuff is really boring like I hate mane six  why cmc  shouldn't have cutiemark 

Or the show has  jump  the shark or  talking about eqg  twialicorn are ruined the show or why alicorn oc are bad 

Are just pointless I  am not against their opinion is just that boring  why should I waste my time something that I hate 

Also things like fandom wars 

Politics  drama and agrue which is best or worst 

I'm fine with a lot of topics, basically, I'm down to talk about anything that I can respond to without thinking for minutes or doing excessive research before I can give a reply. But if you talk to me about a topic that I have no knowledge of and you aren't introducing me to what you're talking about, then it's going to get old for me real quick. :adorkable:

I also try avoiding too heavy topics, or anything that's overly depressing or serious. :sealed: Don't get me wrong, they're well-needed topics and I actually don't mind talking about these things, but it can get really tedious and starts straining your energy after half an hour or so. That's why if you ever see me really active and quick to respond at the beginning of a conversation and it takes me five minutes to come up with something to say an hour later, my mind is starting to get exhausted from all that. :please:

Political news and deaths. Deaths more because the person closest to me that talks about them gets all weepy despite these people who died being utter strangers, but if I mention someone I know on the net who died they brush it off and walk away. Pretty upsetting tbh.

• Brohoof 1

One word: gossip. :unamused: I'll never understand why people talk about the lives of random people – not family, not friends, just some random person they've seen somewhere a few times. I'd understand it if these stories were interesting (for example if the people in question had done something ridiculous), but usually they're not. :derp: Another reason why I hate it is that I hate the thought of someone talking in the same way about me! :laugh:

• Brohoof 4

On 7/28/2018 at 8:01 PM, Reecejackox said:

as in topics of conversation - saw this on another forum so thought i would start here

i would say at the moment - Brexit - just the same infomation being given over and over again.

Every subject in high school, it's friggin' boring as heck. I mean, if that's what you're referring to... I can't wait 'til I graduate so I can hopefully get a job in creating graphics, etc.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:42 PM, Crow2 said:

Mainly political topics or topics that ask questions like what's the weather like for you right now i mainly prefer topics that get you thinking like 'what would you do if', or 'how would you react' and stuff like that where someone's imagination can go wild

What the actual heck? Those are my favorite topics, I watch the weather on TV everyday. But, okay.

Edited by Josh Rainbowton

SCHOOL! I hate when people ask me how I do in school, or specific subjects, or if I already studied for a test x_x I had that stuff 40 hours a week, it's the last thing I wanna talk about in my free time.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Politics bore me. To me, politics can become complicated and I seem to not understand discussions regarding it. I just know that the president of the United States of America is Donald Trump.

Sports, personal lives story, and....politics (except with stephen colbert and john oliver of course)