Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What topics really bore you?

Reecejackox

as in topics of conversation - saw this on another forum so thought i would start here

i would say at the moment - Brexit - just the same infomation being given over and over again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd probably have to say the ones dealing with politics, and majority of the Godforsaken Debate Pit. Its all the same, "you're wrong and here's my five paragraph essay explaining why." I much prefer topics like this with more mundane, and random questions, rather than serious questions that our government can't even figure out.

Unless you mean topics, like conversation pieces... than its pretty much the same.

Edited by Snow Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Its all the same, "you're wrong and here's my five paragraph essay explaining why."

I have to disagree, and below is my 5 paragraph dissertation on that matter....jk.

I have to agree with the peeps above me. I dont hate politics persay, though. Its more like....no matter what year it is, it seems we just dance around the main issues like we were in some awkward high school dance.

Also want to add, I find any talk about fashion....like...i dont get it. Their both dresses but one is a spaghetti dress, yet I see no pasta anywhere on the dress.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Johan said:

I dont like idle chatter like saying hello or thank you or anything that doesn't really offer anything substantial to the conversation

In other words: small talk. Yeah, I have low patience with those as well :dash:.

I also hate topics solely focused on things I don't know nor interested about, like sports, most anime, etc; specially if they expect you to follow the conversation  :dry:

• Brohoof 3

Celebrity talk is a subject I have always found boring and pointless. Talking about cars and mobile phones is also pretty boring to me. Also Marvel/DC/Star Wars, very boring. There's also discussions about video game system/game sell figures which I'm always like "Who cares?". I mean, I get having a light discussion in a general sense to get a feel for how a company/console is doing, but some fans I see, seem to be more invested in a company/console financially than anything else, which is just strange to me.

• Brohoof 4

Most mundane topics really bore me, like ordinary jobs, diets, cars, everyday life anecdotes and, the most terrible of all, "I'm gonna tell you everything about my kids and you're gonna listen!".

Also, I don't really like conversations focused on negativity, something that a lot of people on this site seem to enjoy, judging from the number of topics like "What is the worst...", "What do you hate..." and "Why has MLP gone downhill?"

• Brohoof 5

All kinds of politics at least. If you enjoy debating politics above anything else, we're not going to work as friends very well; I like to talk about Animal Crossing.

Politics. It's not so much boring... but I won't get into that. >< I also find religion boring, only because I'm not religious. *shrug* There's probably more... except I can't think of them at the moment. :c

• Brohoof 1

Literally anything to do with celebrities. I don't care about their daily life or this or that about them and I hate the celebrity worship culture that this society has all the time. The rich and famous are treated like gods and their daily life is apparently newsworthy to most people. Not to me. Religion also bores me to death.

• Brohoof 2

Business talk. It's always filled with entirely useless buzzwords and I don't give a flying fuck about any of it. Aside from that, anything concerning celebrities. I don't care what they do in their lives. I don't know them and what they get up to is entirely their business.

Even as a guy who keeps an eye on politics and current events, I've been getting sick and tired of how omnipresent it has become.  It's also a pain in the butt how you cannot talk about it, since everyone seems to have an emotional shutdown over it.  The only time they don't become emotional is if you're talking to someone who already shares similar views, but that's pointless since you're just participating in a positive feedback loop.  I don't know, but I think these people forget that there's more to life than just politics.  :wacko:

Oh well, I'll just re-focus on my nerdy passions until this entire emotional storm blows through.  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Literally anything to do with celebrities. I don't care about their daily life or this or that about them and I hate the celebrity worship culture that this society has all the time. The rich and famous are treated like gods and their daily life is apparently newsworthy to most people. Not to me. Religion also bores me to death.

I know right, celebrities these days are literally just famous for being famous :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind smalltalk too much, but I hate it when my conversation-partner forces to keep the conversation alive... Most of the time by asking very mundane questions that can easily be answered by themselves as well. It is just really tedious and since I always feel bad letting somebody wait with my response, I devote 100% of my time to that person.

Else than that, I really dislike it when somebody is just talking about some weird theory about their favourite game, especially if I'm not interested in that one to begin with. I just feel like sitting there, nodding annoyed and looking at my imaginary watch.... But funfact: It not only becomes more boring, but also extremely annoying when somebody is talking about this stuff or Pokémon and Anime related things in public. Why would you do that.

• Brohoof 4