Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Do When You Have A Headache?

Midnight Solace

Because I have a really bad one right now. I think it's because of school.

Normally when I have a headache I wouldn't do anything about it. It normally goes away after I wake up the next day but this time it's not.

So... What would you do if you had a really bad headache?

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 2

I get a lot due to living in a screaming household and being on a device whenever I'm not sleeping, so whenever I do get one, I mostly ignore it or ask my sister for medicine. When I'm tired, I go to sleep and it's better when I wake up.

If you lay down facedown in bed and place your hand on the back of your neck while allowing your forearm to rest on the back of your head, it makes the pain go away while you’re in that position, and it requires less effort than simply squeezing your head with your hands.

• Brohoof 1

I am prone to headaches. Not quite classed as migraines, but bad enough. I try to stay away from pain meds (Had to deal with them when I was hospitalized a couple years ago. Refuse to use them now!)  I will sometimes just go to bed for a few hours. That helps.

Spoiler

This is a little delicate, but I won't give details. When 'something' happens, the brain releases chemicals that actually end headaches. Sometimes my husband will, 'nap' with me. he's good at making that 'something' happen. Sometimes it really does work, so stop thinking nasty things!

I usually take a pill (beest careful though, minding thy allergies, etcetera) and fall asleep as soon as I can (getting home from work and so on). Mine experience telleth me that "sleeping the headache out" worketh nicely. Thou needst a dark, nicely ventilated room (must be relatively cool) and silence.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I am prone to headaches. Not quite classed as migraines, but bad enough. I try to stay away from pain meds (Had to deal with them when I was hospitalized a couple years ago. Refuse to use them now!)  I will sometimes just go to bed for a few hours. That helps.

Reveal hidden contents

This is a little delicate, but I won't give details. When 'something' happens, the brain releases chemicals that actually end headaches. Sometimes my husband will, 'nap' with me. he's good at making that 'something' happen. Sometimes it really does work, so stop thinking nasty things!

O RLY? 

you-dont-say-meme.jpg.86ad672a0eb8aa560c35e9ead076575d.jpg

Twilight, come over here. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Usually I just sleep it off, but if it persists when I wake up, the pain is unbearable, or if I have to leave for work I keep some painkillers around. Though I try not to use them in fear I'll need something stronger if I rely on them.

I usually take a couple Advils and try to relax.

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a lot to be said for this idea too. I imagine the increased heart-rate and circulation would also do wonders. After all, isn't aspirin supposed to improve circulation? And if you run out of aspirin, well...

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I usually wait a few hours for it to go away. Unfortunately, that rarely works, and I have to take some medicine anyway. I should just do it right away... :muffins:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

I suffer through it. I only ever get headaches when I'm sick anyway and I can't stand drinking cold medicines. I also can't swallow pills without nearly choking on them. I'd rather deal with the headache than any of that stuff.

When I have a bad headache, I take this stuff:

Spoiler

718G7Hmz90L._SY355_.jpg

It's really the only thing that seems to work for my bad headaches. They aren't migraines or anything... but it's just strong enough to do the trick.

Tension headaches are an occasional thing for me. I seem to get them every weekend when I oversleep. Bit of a brain twist to think that sleeping can actually cause a headache. Sometimes they get bad enough to feel nauseous and dry heave. I take two Ibuprofen every 3-4 hours until it stops. That's probably the most used medicine in the house.

5 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I didn't post that as a joke. I AM prone to headaches. I AM also married. I am doing nothing wrong.

No, what I actually meant was I used your technique to make the headache go away.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. :adorkable:

First thing I do is take an aspirin. If it's caused by white light or something, I'll wear yellow glasses or shades for a while. Fluorescent and white LEDs will give me a headache sometimes.