Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Star Wars 9

TBD

As you all know, Star Wars 9 teaser trailer is out! This thread is for discussion about the movie.

Spoiler

If you’re a Star Wars fans, you would noticed that evil laugh. I have to say I’m super excited and yet holding on the hope that laughter sounds just like SW’ worst enemy, Palpatine. And the title.. I’ve a thought that Rey is probably a Skywalker. This is going to be good! 

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 2

Looks promising. Seeing Billy Dee Williams again is good. Shame he wasn’t in the other two movies. I hope Abrams knows what he’s doing and puts the fans faith back into the franchise. Otherwise, this will be the final nail in the coffin and fans won’t be coming back.

Spoiler

Why does that TIE fighter chasing her? Shoot her!

With all due respect I would rather her not be a Skywalker. That laugh sounds like it coming from Snoke.

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

That was the stupidest fight scene I have seen in a while. The rest stinks of desperation.

GreenMilk.gif.4b9f23548d11ec8b56f417dbbc07eb13.gif

I'm calling it now, this is gonna be an even bigger hot mess than TLJ. There is just....SO much wrong with this trailer. It's like Fuckboi Abrams got so high off his own "mystery box" bullshit he took all the criticism about this aspect of his style and took it to mean he should crank up the knob so far that it broke off.

The title gives me no confidence either, for a variety of reasons.

1 hour ago, R.D.Dash said:
  Hide contents

Why does that TIE fighter chasing her? Shoot 

That laugh sounds like it coming from Snoke.

It's not. McDiarmid walked out on stage at the con at the end of the screening and told them to play the trailer again in character, so its confirmed Palpy is making a comeback somehow. Which is all kinds of WTF. I love McDiarmid and Palpy, but seriously...what the actual *fuck*??

(Also if you seriously thought that was anyone BUT Palpatine laughing.....you need to turn in your credentials as a SW fan.)

Edited by Barnstormer
  • Brohoof 4

The thing that caught my attention the most besides the Palpatine laugh was Leia. You can tell that's her from behind at 1:35, confirming that they were able to find a way to still have her in there despite Carrie Fisher's tragic passing. I also like the subtitle, The Rise of Skywalker...they know we still don't like The Last Jedi. :P Discounting that, I still think J.J. Abrams can do a good job with this movie. If not, I still want to watch it so I can accurately grade the movie trilogy as a whole. 

4 hours ago, Barnstormer said:

(Also if you seriously thought that was anyone BUT Palpatine laughing.....you need to turn in your credentials as a SW fan.)

*Shrugs He is not that interesting to me as a character.

Edited by R.D.Dash

I mean, I'll probably watch it when it comes out. Palpatine laughing and Billy De Williams returning to play Lando Calrissian has definitely caught my attention.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:

Something Something Something Dark Side.

Something something something.... complete.

that 'something' being the saga. But probably not

• Brohoof 1

On 4/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, Brony_2A said:

Something something Jedi. Something something make more Darth Vader and Yoda toys.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain wtf The Force Awakens"" means. They were just stringing together starwarsy words.

Okay, to actually talk about the trailer:

Heavy breathing in the beginning. Jar Jar is now finally copying himself.

Rey staring intently as usual.

Surprised the invincible one didn't just stand her ground and slice the fighter in half.

So this guy Kylo hits has lightsaberproof clothing?

So as expected Jar Jar is retconing Rian's retcons, Kylo builds a new helmet, apparently Rei's a Skywalker again, this trilogy will make so much sense.

Hey look! Lando, Chewie, Leia, the Falcon! Some more tidbits to entice actual Star Wars fans!

Well, Good to see Lando anyway. Maybe he'll make watching this movie not complete torture the way Han did in episode 7.

I'm not a big fan of the title. Hopefully that will change once we get the actual film, so there's some context behind it.

This looks promising, though. Seems JJ Abrams is going back to some unused content from Ep. 7...

Spoiler

The trailer depicts some wreckage from the Death Star.

IMG_20190414_014924.thumb.png.5ddec5ce0e885573795f81964708b559.png

Official concept art for The Force Awakens shows Rey exploring the wreckage.

IMG_20190414_014902.thumb.png.1251f7b39a94c071a9326edb634d5ea9.png

IMG_20190414_014753.thumb.png.31c54cae5f38fa28c42d8d3b3a419607.png

Perhaps the ghost of Emperor Palpatine haunts the wreckage?

• Brohoof 2

And why do I not see the whole world petitioning to not have Episode 9 after TLJ and Solo?

Or rather why aren't there news about infuriated fans using flaming vehicles to break down the gates of Lucasfilms and brandishing weapons to use on everyone involved in  making it?

Edited by PCutter

Spoiler but not really at this point, since most of the people saw the trailer already.

Spoiler
  • Oh look, it's another sand planet that's not a Tatooine, (so much for diverse planets introduced in the prequels or in clone wars)
  • Is that her Jedi robes? 
  • Kylo Ren fixes his broken mask (JJ retconing that embarrassing sequel)
  • Lando is back (do you remember Solo? :mlp_grin:)
  • That wookie better get his medal
  • Zombie CGI Leia
  • Is that a Death Star? (Why?)
  • Emperor Senate is back (I thought we were supposed to let the past die!)
  • The Rise of Skywalker? (Who came up with that title?)

As long as I can get some entertainment from it, I'll be content. Besides in my opinion, the fandom has been in a state of unpleasable long before the prequels. 

• Brohoof 1

I look forward to Lando, Leia, C-3PO, Chewie and Palpatine. The rest can be packed up in an airtight container and sent into cold storage until competent filmmakers come along who can fix this train wreck and get Star Wars back on track.  

• 3 months later...

After the failure that was last jedi I don't really have any hope left for the upcoming star wars films and series or whatever to be any good. They should stick to what makes sense within the universe and with the characters and not go with dumb storylines that exist only to surprise and shock fans. F for GoT.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...