Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some things about yourself

Starlighty

Something about ourselves? Ok.

Ever since birth, I have had a quite big food allergy to milk, eggs, flour, wheat, anything with soy wahtever, and abunch of vegtables (Adds up to alot of foods I can't eat if you think about it).

Then I have medium like case of asthma to reinforce that, heh. (But in all seriousness, every time my little brothers cook macoroni the fumes get everywhere in the house, and after awhile I find myself considering using my nebulizer)

Of course my parents trained me to not be bothered by both of the things above (mainly the food allergy) to the point we enjoy to make jokes out of it =)

Nothing else I can think of to say on that, so yeah that's it.

(Unrelated: Feld0's hidden the post count D= now I really look like a new member :(

Speaking of lack of emotion, I am rarely moved by ANYTHING! Be it a sad movie or a sad book! Be it something that's supposed to scare me I stare at it with a stone face!

So I figured my iron nerves are invincible to being influenced from such things.

MLP is a bit different. When I watch the show I grin from ear to ear! I feel emotion that would otherwise just be physically impossible other wise. I read a fan fic the other day called "Picnic" that was about an "interesting" romance between Fluttershy and Twilight. I figured it would be silly pushing such a relationship but the fan fic portrayed it very well and natural to the characters! And by the end of the fic I was beaming a Pinkie Pie quality smile!

Today... today I read My Little Dashie... I'll tell you that I don't cry. I witness my own grandfather whom I loved deeply pass away and nothing... The last time I cried about a year ago when I made the stupid decision that suicide was a valid option (luckily it didn't work out! I'm alive and kickin'). Even then just two beads on either side of my cheek out of pitiful sorrow... (oh and really don'tuff ask, dark chapter long passed, everything's good now!)

...I read My Little Dashie and something happened... I practically exploded into tears! Being the guy who doesn't cry and is hardly emotionally moved by anyone's work. Was blubbering like a baby a few moments ago! Now I am not sure if it was just repressed emotions on my part bursting out beyond my control or if the fic is just that emotionally captivating! Either way I've needed this emotional release for a long time now!

MLP can make me cry like a baby... this shit more powerful then I ever imagined!

I too suffer from lack of emotion, i didnt much like people i just shuffled through the day most of the time, it got worse when my grandmother died in October of 2010, after that I just completely gave up about caring for people, I became very cynical and insensitive to others, though after watching MLP I have noticed that I smile more and am generally more happy, though sadly I haven't cried or daww'd yet , hopefully that will change

Er, hey im BronyPolo, call me Polo.

My intrests are old movies (im not a retro hipster or anything, i just think they made better mainstream films before the year 2000) like, to pick but a few, the 'Towering inferno', 'Gremlins' (one and two), 'The Godfather' (one, only one) and 'Con Air'. 'Con Air' is my favourite film of all time, if you havent watched it before, drop what your doing and go watch it now. I like MUSE. Im also interested in writing and books, books like 'Frankenstein' and the 'Strange Case Of DR. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'.

Im a bit of a shy person IRL (something to do with there being nothing but hatefull people around me for all of my life, but i wont complain about that) but i can be a little to 'over the top' when online im told.

Er lets see, what else if there...

Oh yhea, these guys.

Posted Image

I f*****g love One Piece, and loads of other anime, but One Piece wins it for me.

Everything else is a bit boring to be honest, as im a bit of a boring person... Ive finished schooI and i work at a rescue kennel.

I really like this girls TV show, but i dont like to talk about that...

So, yhea. Hey again everypony!

• Brohoof 2

I too suffer from lack of emotion, i didnt much like people i just shuffled through the day most of the time, it got worse when my grandmother died in October of 2010, after that I just completely gave up about caring for people, I became very cynical and insensitive to others, though after watching MLP I have noticed that I smile more and am generally more happy, though sadly I haven't cried or daww'd yet , hopefully that will change

That's really sad to hear.

But yeah you understand what I mean by being very emotionless at times.

Not sure if you read the fan fic or not, but I'd recommend it. Your results may vary from mine though...

Just putting yourself in the character's shoes, especially if you're a huge Rainbow Dash fan you will d'awww at the mental imagery of the beginning, but then if you get emotionally invested and if you love Little Dashie, tears will be shed!

I f*****g love One Piece, and loads of other anime, but One Piece wins it for me.

I have a friend who is really into One Piece. I never thought it was bad it was just something I never got into...

I have a friend who is really into One Piece. I never thought it was bad it was just something I never got into...

Cant say i blame you, on the surface i thought it was a bit rubish. It took quite a few episodes, some charater development and an elastic punch to a pirate captains face before i got into it.

Guess I might as well post...

I prefer (well, outside of my username) to go by Emma. It's not my official name, but it is a name I go by among close friends. Or some call me "Emmie". Wherever that came from. lol. I'm 23 years old... Which makes me pretty old for here. And I do feel old. It's like once you hit 21, birthdays no longer feel special anymore, they're just one year older! And 21 was really just one year older for me as well since I don't drink.

I am just weird. I don't know how to describe myself accurately as I am oftentimes in an undefined gray area. I'm typically not an extreme in anything, and I suppose that makes me less fun for people. I hate to use the word 'undefined' because that's just so cliche and sounds like something everybody strives to be. But it is where I am at in a lot of things, and it actually bothers me because everybody else finds it so easy to describe their personalities but I'm like "Ummm...". lol.

In real life, I tend to be a lot more social than I am here on the internet. It used to be the opposite, but now I'm afraid I've become argumentative on forums, and I tend to not post much if I have nothing to 'argue', while in real life I enjoy normal conversations. I don't get it. Wish I could be more social on the internet again, because now I feel like I only post when I have something to get across. =/

IRL, I'm more like Pinkie Pie. Energetic...and we talk similarly sometimes. lol But I'm not a partier. lol

But enough of that... For the obvious part - I am a musician and play the bassoon. I'm also totally biased towards woodwind instruments, but I should add brass. I should just call myself an woodwind/brass instrument enthusiast. =P I love playing them, and when music has them in it, it makes the music better to me! Typically. So that explains my signature, right?

Otherwise, I enjoy watching a lot of cartoons/anime. My Little Pony is far from the only thing I watch, and it's not even my favorite. But I do really enjoy it!

For more about me: I've been through a lot the last few years. Practically had my whole life turn upside down. Or start in the process of doing so, anyway. I used to be very depressing and pessimistic. However, now I know there is no time for any of that. It has changed me entirely. I could go a lot further into that, but I already know this post is a total "tl;dr" post (which is also something I am notorious for, I'm sure). My point is that I don't like seeing people depressed over little things. It really bothers me. Or is that even a point? I thought it just had to be mentioned! =P

I'm no good at making these kind of posts about me. I should probably stop it here. :blush:

Oh yhea, these guys.

Posted Image

One Piece is my favorite anime/manga as well!

It's such a shame that here in the Western world it was not met with such popularity. However, it is rising. FUNimation just picked up Season 4 (Water 7, essentially) for dub release!

• Brohoof 1

One Piece is my favorite anime/manga as well! It's such a shame that here in the Western world it was not met with such popularity. However, it is rising. FUNimation just picked up Season 4 (Water 7, essentially) for dub release!

Thats great news! One Piece probaly has one of the best english dub casts ive seen (by Funimation. *sigh* not that 4kids one...)

Heyy!!! I'm not allowed to say my name on here but you can call me Fluttershy if you'd like!! My friends and I have this thing were we call each other pony names and everyone thought i would be Fluttershy (in real life i'm super shy when it comes to meeting new people) I love reading and writing and i'm trying really hard to one day write a novel! :D I play piano, violin, clarinet and I sing, i am also trying to figure out guitar! I am 14 years old and i am in grade 9. I love cartoon shows such as South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons etc. And of course My Little Pony! I also really love animals and royal history! My favorite band is Coldplay but i like a lot of different artists.

The only thing i really hate is haters, throwing up and needles there are a lot of things that bug me but i tolerate them. Love and tolerance you guys, love and tolerance. :P

And there you have it all about me in a nutshell XD

OY! I HATE DUB ONE PIECE... luffy voice sounds so bad!!!! (sorry that's just my opinion). One piece is my sister favorite,

Wow, I didn't know I would get so many replies, Nice to meet you all.

I hurt myself too more times a day then needed.

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys :) I guess all the basic stuff about me is in my profile: I'm 15 (will turn 16 in September), come from Poland and I'm a girl which, I think, should be mentioned because most of us Bronies are guys. I'm all in for love and tolerance, I've always been an understanding person and everyone wanted me to listen to them and watching MLP made me even more supportive for people. I'm also a person for whom deciding is the most difficult thing ever. I love talking to people and every person who wants to PM me is absolutely welcome. I love reading books (especially fantasy, recently I've gotten into zombie stuff though, anyone who can recommend me something is welcome :) ) I also, like almost everyone, like listening to music ( http://www.lastfm.pl/user/enigmatyzacja <- This here is my LastFm profile). I also enjoy watching anime and reading manga, and I love South Park :)

ello. I like ponies. I have rather good survive skills and chillax in the woods allot. Fluttershy is by far best pony. I read fan-fictions allot. I often daydream about living in Equestria allot. I pride myself on being very logical. I seem to speak in short sentences allot. Doesn't allot seem like it's spelled weird? or is that just me.

Hi, I'm Shadrahk... And I like ponies.

Not sayin my real name on here. Um...

I don't really talk a lot IRL, and here I talk then go afk for awhile...

I hate Hipsters, Most Liberals(or maybe just the extremists), Rap, Posers, and other stuff.

I LOVE Ponies, Sports, Metal, naked womenRvB, CoD, Halo, and more Ponies...

In real life, I don't really do anything "amazing."

Also I'm very dirty minded...

That's it.

• 7 years later...

Old but interesting thread. :dash: Imma just do what I do and revive it. :Daydreaming:

Well, my name in real life is Lauren. I am a self proclaimed bunny mom, country music fanatic, and princess of pickup trucks hehe. I’m turning 19 in less than a month. I’m in college, I also work one part time job (I was working two at one point). I drive a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. I live in north Florida and am a fan of Applejack and Rainbow Dash. I am bisexual as well. I can come off as a bit shy when you first get to know me but stick around and you just might be lucky enough to see my true wild Pinkie Pie side haha. I’m one of the most down-to-earth gals you could ever meet. I’ve been dating @Cyclone1066 for just about 2 years now. I got green eyes, blonde hair, am 5’6” tall and LOVE ICE CREAM :wub:

Well there you go. All the most random but true facts about me wrapped up in one package for your convenience. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

OK, what should you know about me...

My real name's Robert, I am also 5'5/5'6 or so, recently turned 22, am bisexual, polyamorous and have been dating my current girlfriend for 3 years (Love ya, Aubree! :wub: ) and our current boyfriend we share for about a few months now, and I have an esoteric number of interests, including psychobilly music, occult and pagan practices, horror and sci-fi literature/film, anime, tokusatsu, among other things.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Well there you go. All the most random but true facts about me wrapped up in one package for your convenience. 

I bought it at a local shop for $5,99. Can recommend. :fluttershy:

Thanks for reviving the older stuff though. Honestly, it's fun looking through all the different topics each day. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't have even the smallest amount of self-esteem. I hate myself, I believe I haven't done enough to get a fair deal out of life and it's too late for me to do anything about it.

@Starlighty
Moving to the Forum Lounge, as this is where your thread will receive the right attention. Also, I have altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context.

Okay, reading my post in this topic was bizarre. Just to see me say "I'm 23 years old" OMG. So young. (On top of that, I said that made me old for here. Where does that put me now, eight years later? lol) And... I have no recollection of anyone ever calling me "Emmie". I have no clue where that came from! o.o

The biggest change is that I no longer go by Emma. When I became really close to my ex-girlfriend, she called me that since it was close, and that became a thing for years. When she exited my life I decided there was no need for that anymore.

I actually think there's a fairly similar thread around somewhere (though wow, this one's even older than my OG account from 2014), but I'll answer this anyways. :sealed:

• I will not say my real name in real life. Though I think if somebody on here knew me IRL, they'd probably be able to piece it together, though they may be a bit confused by a few things, considering I share things with this site that people who know me in real life don't know.
  • I am 22 earth years of age (turning 23 in a little over half a year), 5'10" tall, weigh around 125 lbs. I am male, though I personally identify as non-binary. Not particularly picky on pronouns. On the subject of being LGBT, I am also gay.
  • I am currently in a relationship with a man I love (and worry about) a lot. :wub: We've been together for a little over 11 months. The way I figure, our anniversary is 29 days away.
  • Among my favorite video games of all time are: the Borderlands games (well aside from Pre-Sequel), Team Fortress 2 (It's past its glory days, unfortunately), the first two Disgaea games, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and the Super Smash Brothers games.
  • Among my favorite cartoons of all time are: Steven Universe (well, after its dumpster fire of a 1st season), Old SpongeBob (since around Season 5, not so much), Old Simpsons (Since around Season 10, though, not so much), Rick and Morty, and of course My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Out of the anime I've seen my favorites are Season 1 One Punch Man, Death Note, and Cowboy Bebop (Haven't seen all that much anime).
  • Among my favorite non-animated shows of all time are: Star Trek: the Next Generation (Really want to watch Picard, but I can't), The Office, Doctor Who (mostly have seen 10th and 11th Doctor stuff, also have seen some of the original episodes with the 1st Doctor), and the Twilight Zone (original, though the 2019 reboot isn't bad). I also really liked what I've seen of the X-Files.
  • Among my favorite movies of all time are: Finding Nemo, the Toy Story films (1 and 3 in particular), the Lion King (of course the 1994 film), Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, The Big Lebowski, Jurassic Park, and The Dark Knight (2nd film in the trilogy, though I like all of them). And I almost forgot: Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and I will admit the scene with semi-naked Arnie has a part in that... :sealed:
  • The things I hate most are: Centrist liberals (especially the holier than thou kind), the far right, toxic idiots on the internet (especially if they think they're smart), bigots (homophobes in particular, obvious personal reasons), the corrupt elite, and hypocrites

Oh yes. And I like chocolate. :wacko:

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 2

My Job: Home Depot

Fav Color:  Black and Forest Green

Fav animal: Wolf

Fav Made up Creature: Dragons

Fav Book: The Last Unicorn

Pet Peeve of all time:   Rude People

Places I want to Travel: Scotland. Ireland, Italy, Rome

Subjects I love: History, Anime/Manga, reading, books, outdoor stuff, occult

Pet: My cat Lilly who is 16 years now.