Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still sleep with a teddy bear/stuffed animal?

swordsman

stuff animal's you sleep with  

215 users have voted

1. 1. what kind of stuff animal you sleep with

• poines
    • teddy bear
    • wood land animals(racoons, foxes, deers, ect)
    • dog
    • cat
    • other

Adult here, I can confirm that I do indeed sleep with a stuffed animal... in fact, "numerous" would be a better word.

There are four I care about the most. Three of them are very comforting to me and were there at some rough points in my life. I was really sick in the hospital with a kidney infection in grade 3 and those guys were pretty much always with me. Ernie from Seseme Street, Polkaroo from Polka Dot Shorts and Pikachu from Pokemon.

The last one in the group is a stuffed animal of Derpy. Her special status was earned because that's the only mlp merchandise I have and I can't help but love it. It's just too adorable. The rest of them are all types stuffed animals, snakes, various birds (including an owl, macaw, toucan and peacock), dogs, deer, horses, wolves... I've got quite the collection of them. They're a big part of why my bed is so comfortable... on top of the four to five blanket layer.

Edited by Celtore

I do have a lot of them on my bed, but I don't need them to sleep or anything (I never did, anyway).  They're just there to decorate my bed.  I have a dog, a cat (who has creepy eyes, so I make him face the wall at night so I won't glimpse at him at night and have a heart attack xD), a tiger, a greymon plushie and a playboy rabbit (I won it at an amusement park, okay xD).

Maybe, there are too much plushies on my bed...?  Nah, there can't be too much ;)

Most of the time I use this little green beach pillow thing.  I've had it for years.  It's gone on trips with me all over the country so I can sleep.  I've thought about upgrading to a new pillow but I like it.  It has a zipper on one end and I have to put a certain finger on it while it sleep.  It's a habit lol.  I could totally sleep with my new BaB Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie if I wasn't afraid of messing them up lol.  I put Dashy on my nightstand last night so I think it's Pinkie's turn tonight lol.  

Only if I'm at my place sleeping.  I have a blanket that they put me in right after I was born.  It's literally a rag now-a-days, but it's always on the right side of my bed.  In fact, my ex used to get pissed when I told her she couldn't move it onto the floor, it has to stay on the bed, it's basically me minus human life hahaha!  Obviously if I'm out of town, or crashing at a buddies place I don't have it, and that's cool to. 

Edited by Deesinn

Yes. Yes, I do, and I am unashamed of it. One is never too old for plushies!
I sleep holding a stuffed lamb and a Build-A-Bear bunny, but my bed usually has lots of other stuffed animals on it too.

Putin Plushie, No I am kidding. I did have a stuffed bear of Paddington Bear, but I have not slept with it in a decade now.

Of course I still have it , but it is in a box stowed away some where. 

@@swordsman

That the ol' double action hard pull only, or the newer safety with double/hard? :P

are you talking about the Glock 18c Full Auto airsoft gun with my leg hoster :ph34r: ? that is just a toy, now the 1045 KATANA sword is real B) . My bears use it to protect me from the monsters, demoms and stuff like that at night.  everynight it's good night sleep tight, don't let the dead bite.  If i did own a real handgun it would be a 357 or 38 Special revolver or a auto with a thumb safety (i have heard of too many people getting shot by "safe" glocks).

@@swordsman,

Tis why I was curious. The Glock is a good one, but its not as "safe" as people seem to think.... Always got a kick out of that..

so a fake one instead huh ? :P 

that works!

Didn't see the usual telltale orange tip, so wasn't sure.

Sleep with a stuffed animal..... Yeah, I sleep with my Princess Celestia Plush, helps me fall a sleep that and I don't like sleeping alone.. after sleeping next to your wife for six years its kind of hard to sleep all alone

• Brohoof 1

Nope, i do hug a pillow sometimes

its funny because i recently threw away all my old stuffed animals

but it's not that i still used them or anything

Not because i thought it was childish but i just didn't need them anymore

Edited by thattom

Most of my plushies reside on my shelves or in my closet. The Pokémon ones are still proudly displayed. As for sleeping, I don't have any regular stuffed animals on my bed. I do have one of those Pillow Pet things, though, a dolphin. And he is legitmately the most comfortable pillow ever.

I am five.

I'm 22 and I have a mountain of plushies on my bed. One of the oldest is a purple Pegasus with rainbow splotches I named Lilac. My mom got her for me in Portland and she dropped it on the floor when she bumped into Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) and he picked it up for her.

Most of my Build A Bears my dad got for me. The last 3 were two coyotes, ones named Rylie, the other Thriller, and a grey wolf named Ammy after Amaterasu. The ones I got after my dad passed as a way of coping with his loss since he would always take me to Build A Bear to get a stuffed animal if he could.

• Brohoof 1

I sleep with nothing except my bed of course. Last time I slept with something was the summer of 2009, in army cadets at Camp Blackdown at CFB Borden, when a rival company threatened the company I was in with a night attack I prepared myself by putting an extra metal lock in a sock and put it under my pillow so that I could sleep well with the esteem of a Spartan. They didn't go through with it though so nothing happened.

True story.

Edited by Iron Shield

I have a stuffed dog and a really fluffy bunny. I can sleep without them, it's just that they're SO DAMN SOFT.

And don't get me started on the stuffed animals I have that I don't sleep with.

When I was 5yrs old my mother made a blanket for me, was pinkish purple with a lighter color liener. 22yrs later I still sleep with it, its a rag of what used to be a blanket but I can't sleep without it as well. My mother even made me another one, its dark purple with green liner, but its not broken into (soften) and it doesn't bare the scent of years of use, its hard to describe... its one of those comfort objects you just can't replace.

• Brohoof 1

I've been sleeping with a bear my boyfriend and I made for my 16th birthday since I got him. I'm not comfortable when I'm not sleeping with someone (especially my boyfriend) next to me, so I sleep with the bear. When he's in the wash, I sleep with my Twilight plush from Build-A-Bear but I don't want to ruin her wings, so I rarely sleep with her. 

• Brohoof 1