Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you quit FIM?

Dattebayo

even if i quit watching the show id still be with the bronies. BECAUSE BRONIES ARE FUN! iv never had so many friends. i dont care how many alicorns or equestria girls get thrown at me, because im here to stay.

I have a threshold number of Spike-centered episodes per season. I don't know what that number is, but if they reach it, I might stop watching. The only other things that could end my fandom are voice cameos by Andy Dick or Gilbert Gottfried, or the dreaded "Alicorning of all the Mane 6", which will never happen. 

• Brohoof 1

If the quality of the show decreases, I don't see that happening too soon though.

HEY!! That's my avatar! :blush: I honestly thought this was my post when I saw it! :squee:

Anyway, I would leave if the show started to lose quality and became what...Spongebob became. :o

(edited)

I'll quit watching MLP when the DWM people are the majority of the fandom. That is also the threshold for me becoming a serial killer.

Not sure why you have a problem with my software preferences at all. I prefer keeping DWM.exe, thank you very much. Those animations and transparency are really nice things to have on my desktop, and I hardly think they would dictate me as a person.

post-20649-0-04663900-1396924660_thumb.jpg

What'd really make me leave the fandom though would be if the show stopped being good, or if bronies were completely dominated by kids and early teens (even mores than now), who are (to put it nicely) not my favourite type of people to have meaningful conversations with. 

Edited by Commander Fresh
  • Brohoof 1

It would take a lot for me to quit watching the show since I love it so much. But things would have to get really messed up with the cast to push me over the line.

For me...

-Show get's too superficial

-Turns into a bad-quality, money machine for Hasbro like the previous generations

-Everyone else stops watching. I'm not a bandwagon type guy (I'm actually the complete opposite), but the fandom is a big part of the experience.

I'm highly unlikely to quit the show before the entire series is over (and probably quite a while after that).

Well...

1) If they "kill off" any of the Mane 6 or any prominent supporting characters (yes even Cadence)

2) If any of the Mane 6 are turned into complete assholes changing their character

3) Show gets too superficial or stale

Aside from those I look forward to continue watching the show. So far since MMC, they have surpassed my expectations.

• Brohoof 1

-The Killing off of any supporting/main character I like(except for maybe celestia but only if it is handled perfectly, I have the image in my mind for it but it won't work unless it's absolutely perfect)

-When it reaches G3.5 levels of writing

-They Stop making good songs

-They have another Rap number(Thought I'd only destroy a mountain or two, not actually quit)

Other than that nothing

-Any shipping with the Mane Six and another character becoming canon-just leave all the shippings up to the viewer's imagination.

-Humans if seen, mentioned, or entering Equestria in the show-even if they turn into a pony.

-Flash and Twilight shipping becomes canon in a romantic relationship (goes with my top issue).

- if the quality drastically decreases (turns into Family Guy or in G3, for example)

- if Fluttershy disappears/dies

- if Celestia disappears/dies, but Luna doesn't (Both or nopony)

• Brohoof 1

If those rainbow powers designs are permanent.  >_>

That's something that is worrying me also. I'm thinking it might be some kind of equivalent thing to the crystal empire look.

Probably anything that would lean too much toward catering to older male fans of the show instead of the target audience (girls).

There has been some pandering, a little bit too much for my tastes. But it would take a lot more to make me abandon the show. Basically it would take turning it into your average show without relatable female characters. Fortunately, after the most recent episode, I'm not worried. =)

If it turned into Equestria Girls that would probably make me quit, too, though.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of Humans, Equestria Girls made me quit. I hate human versions of animal characters/furries. And to the person saying the quality is still there, no it isn't. Season 2 was the best thing known to man, season 3 was like wat the fak, and now it's just generic. I've been a hardcore brony for years and it's all just flushing down the poo-hole.

Speaking of Humans, Equestria Girls made me quit. I hate human versions of animal characters/furries. And to the person saying the quality is still there, no it isn't. Season 2 was the best thing known to man, season 3 was like wat the fak, and now it's just generic. I've been a hardcore brony for years and it's all just flushing down the poo-hole.

Yet, you don't explain how or why you feel it's generic. I'm curious as to what you mean by it, so if you could elaborate on your stance it would be very helpful.

Two things:

1. Celestia dies (including soft death/"going somewhere far away")

2. The show becomes too expensive to watch (i.e. Hasbro goes total youtube nazi, and I have to wait a year to buy DVDs which are still over $1/episode)

• Brohoof 1

2. The show becomes too expensive to watch (i.e. Hasbro goes total youtube nazi, and I have to wait a year to buy DVDs which are still over $1/episode)

Agreed. I would have to pay in order to watch the new episodes, if not for youtube. And the reason for that is simply because I don't live in the US.

Your waifu being stolen by some new addition to the show?

YES.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what could make me quit FiM. The show staff has done an amazing job and honestly I've had my big doubts about a few things show related, but it always turns out that no matter how crazy things would seem they would make it work.

Or, you know, if they just took Twilight Sparkle out of the show, that too.

I rarely make the conscious decision to quit anything, and yet I don't do many of the things I used to.

What happens in practice, is it (whatever it is) just becomes less and less a part of my life, until it's just a memory. If they did something extraordinarily stupid with the show it would somewhat speed that process (a future of nothing but EqG? No thanks) but if the day should come when I am no longer interested in the show, it'll be with a whimper, not a bang.

When it was announced that Twilight would be a princess, the expected reaction was typical: show's over, sky's falling, everyone scream and run around. But I wouldn't judge it until I saw the end of season 3, and the first several episodes of season 4. After that, I knew it was fine.

My passion for the show isn't hanging by such a fine thread that I'd let it go without giving it the chance to bear some new change, so I don't know that anything would make me renounce the show and turn in my badge. I could name some things that I wouldn't be pleased to see. Many have said humans in Equestria. +1 to that, but would they do that? I .. doubt it. Even if they did, I'd still give it a chance. After four years, I'm willing to see it to the bitter end.

• Brohoof 1

I probably won't quit until I genuinely don't enjoy watching the show anymore. I still feel such joy from each new episode and until that feeling is gone, I'm going to continue watching. It's more likely for me to leave the fandom than the show itself, but I don't really see either of these happening anytime soon. 

Nothing. The show may die out, and I may slowly lose interest, but I'll never "quit the show". That's stupid, and people who truly consider that are wanting attention, stirring up someone, or just not in a proper frame of mind. It's just silly. "Oh, I don't like this one thing, so I'm gonna quit, and never like it again, and everything that I actually like is now bad and sucky and I don't like it anymore." Just. Just don't watch the rest of the damn show. Like the bits you like, dislike the bits you dislike. Simple, no?

• Brohoof 1