Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's the most unladylike out of the Mane 6?

WriteCodes46

Most unladylike out of the Mane 6  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the most unladylike?

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity (seriously)
    • Twilight Sparkle

As the title says, which of the girls do you think exhibits the least ladylike behavior? "Unladylike behavior" meaning "not appropriate or expected of a well-bred women". Note that it doesn't necessarily correlate with who's most or least "feminine", but rather which one does the most things that qualify as the above description.

Maybe Rarity's dramatic outbursts aren't really appropriate for a lady...

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash, without question. It's a struggle to get her to dress up for anything formal. Even Applejack knows how to handle such situations, after living in Manehatten for a while.

• Brohoof 2

The way I see ladylike behavior is the equivalent of being a gentleman for men. Not in the tomboyish way, or as OP say, feminine way.

Pinkie Pie - The way every feeling shines through so easily just makes her seem very little self disciplined. Not ladylike at all.

Rainbow Dash - The way that she is up in your face and bragging is not nice.

Applejack - Fairly neutral, but certain acts like spitting on the hoof before making a deal and similar actions makes her less ladylike

Fluttershy - Despite she is very feminine, she doesn't act very much like a lady. Say more like a girl.

Twilight - Quite ladylike, but not exactly striving to be.

Rarity - She is the definition of ladylike (at least most of the time)

Edit: This list is in order from least to most.

Edited by Blaze Bronson
  • Brohoof 2

I would say Pinkie Pie. Her mannerisms when it comes to eating is unlady-like enough, but the fact that she speaks her mind and tries so hard to force her friendship to another character would come off as rude to some people. She also doesn't care if she gets covered in mud and dirt.

• Brohoof 4

Rainbow Dash definitely. I mean she doesn't even know what ladylike means. Pinkie Pie comes right after because of her lack of manners. Pinkie isn't exactly a tomboy, though. Though Applejack can be very lady like in certain situations despite her being a tomboy. So being a tomboy doesn't mean anything. The winner is still Rainbow Dash though.

• Brohoof 1

Can being "unladylike" be defined in such terms? Is it defined by cultural mannerisms, cultural evolution, or laws governing ponies?

As such I'm have a hard time defining such a character from the realms of FiM lore. It's one think to point out Dash or Pinkie, but are they really that unladylike?

• Brohoof 2

I actually say either Fluttershy or Twilight. They are both shut-ins by nature, so while pones like AJ or RD both show their more "tomboyish" sides, they still probably have more to show for their "ladylike" or "mannered" sides.

• Brohoof 3

Applejack by miles. Just watch "Look Before You Sleep" and try to tell me Rainbow Dash has less manners than that.

That was only once, and Applejack was trying to annoy Rarity. Rainbow Dash naturally acts unladylike without the intent of making anyone mad. 

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash will always be the most unladylike character out of the Mane6, she's basically a colt with the body of a mare, so, let's look for the second, just to not get stuck at the obvious.

I got two alternatives for the second most unladylike: AJ, and Pinkie

Applejack: Yeah, we all know AJ, hardworker, athletic, not afraid of getting herself dirty, hates, frilly dresses, bad at high class social gatterings, but she's a mature, responsible, dependable and level headed mare

Pinkie Pie: Loves parties, energetic, hiperactive, and a genki girl, but she acts very childish most situations 

Beredict: In my opinion, Pinkie Pie is the second most unladylike mare out of the mane6. Surprised? Let me explain. Had this thread being the most tomboyish out of the Mane6, Dashie would have gotten the first spot too, with AJ definitely in second place, but this is unladylike which, while being a tomboy is considered unladylike, is not THE condition, to be unladylike. AJ is very tomboyish alright, but as described, she's very mature, responsible, etc etc, and she's bad at high social gatherings, but not because of her being a tomboy farm-mare, it's because of lack of experience, but that doesn't mean she could be ladylike at them if given time, as shown in Cutie Mark Chronicles, and the Applejewel mishap. Pinkie on the other half, will always be Pinkie, even when she's not supposed to. While she's girly, she's the childlike kind of girly, even when she's not supposed to. With that, I reach the conclusion I made   ;)

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2