Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is season 5 doing for you?

JeyWiz

@

Hey there :) 

As your topic seems to be focusing more on the aspects from the show, rather on fandom content, I have moved your discussion to a more appropriate section :)

I enjoyed the first half more than the second, not to say that the second half though, I still love it. I don't wanna say it's my fave season before it's even over, but it's my fave season

• Brohoof 1

I love this season. I can never say one season is better than the other because each is different and unique. I especially love the new characters as well as old character development from this season

• Brohoof 2

I did like the first half better, but the second half has been quite good too. There's nothing that I really hate about the season (characters, songs, episodes, etc.) aside from a few I dislike.

The best part was without question all the new characters we met.

It's been a pretty solid season so far. No "worst episodes of the season" or anything like that. There have been a few mediocre ones, but the quality has been consistent for the most part and meeting a vast variety of characters as well as different turns on old ones was nice.

So far, my rank of them is this:

S2 > S4/S5 > S1 > S3

• Brohoof 1

I really like the 5th season so far!  Honestly it may be one of my favorite seasons yet. Having the cutie-map got us to see a bunch of different places across Equestria, as well as keeping the show light and fun. also this season is having its characters take big leaps to reach their goals.   :muffins:  That is always good.

It's been the most hit-or-miss season so far. Some pretty great episodes in there, but then there are some mediocre ones (Princess Spike), and then there's the largest miss by a wide margin the show has ever made, Slice of Life. Overall, the season has a ton of mediocre, forgettable episodes, though. I say it's hit or miss, but that's mostly because I have not had a single episode in the series that I have hated before Slice of Life. In reality, the majority of the season has been 'meh'.

Episodes that were great/good in order of airing:

The Cutie Map

Party Pooped (was a bit of a mess, but... had some top notch humor that even made fun of itself and how the fandom was going to react to it)

Amending Fences

Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

Canterlot Boutique

Rarity Investigates

Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Hearthbreakers

That's actually quite a few great episodes when listed together. There are episodes that I didn't list which are enjoyable enough but don't make the cut as great (The Mane Attraction, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, Made in Manehatten, Scare Master etc.) Then there are episodes like Princess Spike, Slice of Life, and the Discord episodes that just really range from bad to 'meh'.

Sad to have an episode I have to call 'bad'. Hopefully it won't happen ever again.

I don't like to pick a favorite season until after the series as a whole as ended.

So, I can't say that season 5 is my favorite.

It's been an okay season. Nothing too spectacular and nothing too terrible.

I thought it was mostly good. I wouldn't say it was better then Season 4 or Season 2, but it was better then Season 1 and certainly better then Season 3. It has a solid place in the middle, which can change if the finale this saturday blows everything out of the water.

Episodes that i consider really great are:

The Cutie Map (best episode of the season and even series)

Amending Fences

Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Scare Master

The Mane Attraction

Episodes that i consider really bad are:

Appleloosas most wanted (worst episode of the season)

Princess Spike

Do Princesses sleep of magic sheep

What about discord?

All the other episodes are either good, meh or "it's bad, but could be worse."

I think it's my favorite out of all five seasons. It's the only that had eps that really stunned me, like crusaders of the Lost mark and the mane attraction. There's been plenty of other great ones, a few poor ones, and some okay ones. I think the positive outweighs the negative though. Hopefully they top it off with a fabulous finale.

• Brohoof 3

S5 is a good season, but I must say, that Season 4 was a little bit better for me. In Season 4, there was more episodes I really like and in S5, there was more episodes who was good but not amazing (only a few episodes was really amazing). I really love the new character designs and that some BG-ponies get some deeper background. But my biggest critic are the songs. The songs are ok, but there are only two songs which I really love (Magic inside me and the pony I want to be). S4 has more songs I like and the songs where better spread in my opinion. I am a little bit disappointed about the songs. I am also disappointed about the map episodes. No map episode is really great in my eyes. 

Oh, and too little Fluttershy in my opinion (especially after the summer hiatus). 

I think the first half was kinda slow. It had more of the "meh" episodes imo. But there hasn't been anything too terrible this whole season. There's been some great episodes and the finale looks like it's going to be epic. This might just be my new favorite season, but I'm not sure yet.

I'd have to say S5 has been my favourite season so far. But it's also been the first season to come out while I've been into the show, so that could be influencing it a bit. I think there's been a lot of good episodes though. I really liked Amending Fences and The Mane Attraction. The finale looks like it will be awesome too!

Season 5 being my first season I was able to experience at the same time with everyone, (joined at hiatus after season 4) the show has seemed pretty satisfying. A few episodes in there that weren't my favorite but overall really enjoyable for me. I'm just a little worried about the finale. I'm not super hype as I wanted. It was kind of obvious starlight would make a return. I wish there was more buildup and exploring of starlight instead of just tossing her into the final mix again. But this is my opinion. Great season.

• Brohoof 1

I've been thoroughly enjoying Season 5 thus far. When they stated in pre-season trailers that they would be "going places" this time round I certainly didn't expect it to be at this level. It's really just gone above and beyond in a lot of places. From the many feels, to the excellent character development, (especially Dash and Rarity), much expansiveness to the world of Equestria, and even a kicking musical soundtrack, this season has just done so much more than what I was initially expecting. :D

With that in mind though, it hasn't been perfect. There's been a share of forgettable episodes; (Appleoosas Most Wanted: utter bore-fest, almost killed CMC for me. What About Discord was pointless. Princess Spike was nothing special & I would've really appreciated a memorable Spike episode.) Also, as much as I'm looking forward to the Season finale with Starlight, I already have a strong feeling about how it's going to play out, and I'm not crazy about it. We'll see though.

On the whole though; I think the good of this season far outweighs the negatives. I really feel they gave 110% for many of the episodes, and in most cases they have certainly delivered. :)

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's been a truly solid season. I know having to wait for it was quite tedious, but it was all worth, given this season turned out to have a rather strong writing quality. It's amazing to know we'll get to see more of Equestria and its surroundings, but I kinda wish there would have been some more world building. Plus, even if we got some new critters for the bestiary, I think the show needs even more monsters, whether they come from myth or are made up.

Anyway, this has been an enjoyable season nonetheless. I just hope the Mane Six will travel more after they're done kicking Starlight's flank for good.

• Brohoof 1