Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have a social life

joshuachasseur

With finding better medication and a job, I've noticed that my social life is slowly improving.  Sure, I might not be at a level where people are inviting me out/over but I'm more willing to talk to people, my social skills still are garbage though...

Pardon me? Social... Life? Did I hear that right? :huh: I'm sorry there, but I just don't know what that is! :wacko: I've heard of this strange concept in my life before, but just have never grasped it fully. :ooh:

:P

I do... But it's not a very healthy one, in short. If by "having a social life," you mean having a few friends, then sure, I have a social life. But if the definition of the term includes interacting with said friends frequently, then I definitely don't fit the criteria and therefore I have no social life, I rest my case. :D

2 hours ago, Bas said:

You can't improve your social life without training as in without hanging up with people.

I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone little by little but sometimes I can't even form coherent sentences.  It's like my brain wants to say one thing but my mouth takes a smoke break or something and it just doesn't work out the way I planned.

I'm a pretty social person outside the forums, mostly with my friends and others who don't know or care if I'm a brony.:-D

(Because they don't care if I like MLP... Well there is one, but screw him.)

Edited by Sondash Studios

• 10 months later...

I never had much of a social life and never put a lot of worry or effort into it. I knew I wanted to have somepony someday but didn't really actively pursue it. Eventually my soul sister/coworker got fed up with my inactivity and set me up with the guy I ended up marrying. I'm lucky I had that gift practically dropped in my lap because I don't know where I'd be right now without it. I'm still not much of a social animal, but I'm feeling right at home being married. 

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could say I do outside of the few irl friends I talk to and hang out with. Other than that, it is mainly online interactions which isn't entirely healthy.

3 minutes ago, Aktuh said:

it is mainly online interactions which isn't entirely healthy.

Online interactions are not unhealthy. If they are healthy is another question :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Splashee said:

Online interactions are not unhealthy. If they are healthy is another question :huh:

I didn't say they weren't healthy period, just that it isn't entirely healthy. Because online interactions can lead into an unhealthy situation just like face to face interactions, and just like face to face interactions it's about how you deal with it that makes it healthy or not. That's all I'm saying when I say it isn't entirely healthy.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but not much. I have few friends and no friend group except for my online friends. Honestly, I like it better this way. I don't like hanging out with too many people at the same time, so hanging out with 1-3 friends at one time is best for me~

With therapy I have decided I want to improve. I’ve been terrible with keeping up with people, and have always talked about myself too much not because I don’t care about others but because I didn’t know how else to converse. I’m trying to become more sociable... Trying.

There’s still a long way to go, I can tell. I also have a tendency to become friends with people who keep to themselves which hampers my social life a lot...

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...