Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What countries have you been to?

Victoria Sponge

I haven't traveled a whole lot except for visiting other cities just here in Finland, but I've been to Sweden at least once and it was a fun experience. Sometimes I hope I could go visit other countries too because one of my dreams is to go to Disneyland. 

Wow, I'm amazed at how well-traveled everyone here is! I'd love to know more backstory on the how and why. I travel a lot within the USA, and have visited Canada and spent several months in Mexico, but my humble list can't compare to some of the lists I've seen here! Congrats to those who can manage such extensive and fascinating exploration of the world, I wish I could fit in your suitcase!  :rarity:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 4

I think I used to live in Europe somewhere when I was little because my parent's were in the military but I don't really think I'll count that since I don't remember it. I currently live in Canada and I used to live in the States but that's pretty much it.  I would really like to go to Germany and Japan at some point.

• Brohoof 2

I'm from the U.S. and have been outside of it twice to visited Canada and Bermuda. I would love to visit New Zealand someday! It has some of the most beautiful scenery! :)

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 1

I live in the US, so it's pretty expensive to go to countries other than Mexico or Canada. 

I've been to Mexico, Italy, Vatican City, and Spain. I had a layover in Germany, and even thought I never left the airport, they stamped my passport so technically I entered the country.

I have a huge list of places I want to go (Scotland is at the top of my list), but I'm still young so I've got plenty of time.

• Brohoof 2

Not counting where I live:

-Germany

-Italy (+ The Vatican)

-Cuba

-Mexico

-Canada

-Brazil

-Greece

-Turkey

-Gibraltar (as in "the rock of")

-Morocco

For places I want to go:

-The U.K.

-China

At least you've all been to/lived in North and or South America. I haven't been to either continent.

First of all, that's quite a list. Second of all, if you are visiting South America I highly recommend Brazil. Breathtaking natural beauty, vibrant culture, and nice people. (Though wherever I go in the world "nice people" seems to be the rule rather than the exception. It's more how they are nice that is different.)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

I'm from and reside in the U.S. and I have been to:

-Costa Rica

-Italy

-The Vatican City

-France

-Germany

-Austria

-Hungary

-Ecuador

-The Galapagos (technically still Ecuador)

Next summer I may go to some part of Africa or try to study abroad through my university. I've been most fortuneate to have traveled as much as I have, and I owe that to my grandmother who is a former travel agent. However the Africa trip will likely be her last trip.

• Brohoof 1

I have been to Mexico and Canada, along with a few different states in the U.S.A. I'm all for traveling to new places, but I am not big on flying...

I would love to visit Japan and parts of Europe one day, though.

• Brohoof 1

I've done more traveling within the US than outside, but I have been to

USA

Canada

Ireland

I want to visit

India

China

Thailand

Iran

Spain

England

Italy

Portugal

France

Switzerland

Poland

New Zealand

Scotland

Wales

Japan

I wanna go pretty much everywhere lol

• Brohoof 1

Most of my vacations, I made them in my home country germany, but I also was a few times in an other country.

-Italy

-France

-Belgium

-Switzerland

-Netherlands

I have so many countries which I want to visit, but at the moment, there is no chance for me (time, money, etc.). 

• Brohoof 1

Only got to go to Mexico, both because it's only about a 2-3 hour drive from where I live and because we have relatives who live there

Some days, long before it became more dangerous, we used to go to Tijuana only to get tacos :P

That said, I've always wanted to go to Canada, Japan, or a European country like Germany or England

• Brohoof 2

Reading through this thread, it seems like not many people have visited or wanted to visit my home country (Croatia) :lol:

Anyhow, for countries I've been to so far in my life, here's a list:

Bosnia and Herzegovina (when I was little)

Germany

Spain

France

Monaco (Boy, it sure brings back the memory of a single McDonald's Cheeseburger there being roughly the price of three Cheeseburgers in my country...)

I'd add Italy, Austria and Slovenia to the list too, but I merely passed through these countries during my travels and thus they don't count.

I'd love to visit the US, UK and Japan one day.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...