Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Canada?

Feather Scribbles

Can't say I agree with their overall political philosophy yet I make it a point to never oppose how another democracy chooses to run its affairs. I don't have the right as a non-citizen, by my own standard. That being said I've been there enough times to say I love the people who live there. At least in Quebec, they are welcoming and warm, more to the point they are compassionate and willing to go that extra mile for others. They are good neighbors to have. :)

On 1/8/2018 at 3:54 PM, Duzzkey said:

Environmentally, Canada is fairly cold, especially in Sasketchewan or provinces further north, but honestly better than Texas.

I can confirm that Saskatchewan is cold. We were reaching temperatures as low as -40 C with the windchill this winter. Brrr 

As for my opinion on Canada, I'm pretty neutral. I think it's better than a lot of countries and I love the national healthcare, but there are some things with the politics and philosophies I don't agree with.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I probably wouldn't agree with some of their policies, but I'd like to visit Canada someday. I'm not a city person, so I would like to visit the rural areas and enjoy the cooler temps and scenery 

I traveled to the Canadian border last summer while on vacation. Couldn't go thru of course, since I don't have a passport. I need to get one.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

As a Canadian myself, I will say I love Canada! Yeah, the weather's cold in the winter, but I own a tuque, so I'm fine. :squee: I also like the political system for the most part. I guess I don't always like who gets elected, but that's pretty normal for democracy. Also, poutine is awesome! ;)

I have, quite literally, never heard a bad thing about Canada, and all the Canadians I’ve met have been pretty nice people, and there definitely seems to be more a safety net there.

Seems like a nice place to be.

I really like Canada from what I've seen. I've only ever been to Vancouver, but everyone I met was super chill. Environmentally speaking, I went in the fall and it was beautiful. Don't agree with much of the politics at all, but I will say that Trudeau is one of my favorite memes.

Overall, I would rate a 7.6/10. Breddy gud.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Never been there, but as far as I'm aware, they have a better healthcare system than the USA's, its temperature fluctuates from season to season, has a somewhat hilly/mountainous terrain and it's the fourth largest country by land area in the world.