Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you think you would be if you never got into pony?

Lucky Bolt

The title is pretty straightforward. 

If I had never gotten into pony, I would certainly be a very different person. Maybe I never would have come around to accept the LGBT community for starters. Yes, there was a point in time when I didn't support LGBT at all. The pony fandom had changed my views on it entirely and made me a more open-minded person, I also probably would have never come to the realization that I am bisexual, and accepted it. I would never have met my boyfriend, I would never have met the other awesome people I consider my best friends, and I would never have joined this site, which has been such a wonderful place. I also may never would have come to embrace my drawing talent, and gotten so good at it. :twi: If it weren't for MLP, yes, I would be a very different person. What about you guys?

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Where do you think you would be if you never got into pony?

If I never started watching MLP:FiM 

•  I might not be a fan of Rapunzel right now.
  • I wouldn't have as many AMAZING friends as I do now if I hadn't joined MLPF.
  • I wouldn't have expanded my creative side by trying RP and making forum banners. 
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

If I had never gotten into pony I don't know where I would be. I think I would be a lot more lonely and depressed because I wouldn't have any greater sense of purpose or a community around me to support me. I would be more isolated than I already am which wouldn't be good, and I also wouldn't have my waifu Twilight, I don't know what my life would be like without her in it. Also similar to what @Lucky Bolt said I probably wouldn't have realized my true sexuality without the help of this community either and the experiences that I've had in it. I think my life would have been a lot more dull without pony in it. :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 5

6 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

If I had never gotten into pony, I would certainly be a very different person. Maybe I never would have come around to accept the LGBT community for starters. Yes, there was a point in time when I didn't support LGBT at all. 

if I hadn't gotten into pony, I think this would have happened, I wouldn't have been able to accept that I'm trans or that I'm bi-sexual,

I think if I hadn't gotten into pony I would have stayed like how I was when I was 12 (i did watch pony, I just wasn't in the fandom yet),

I think the fandom has a stronger effect than the show itself

• Brohoof 4

Well I got more arty when I learned of ponies such as drawing trying to make music and videos so that is one thing I really got into drawing thanks to ponies. So yes I also met my friend on here that helped me get help for my depression. 

I always knew I was bi but my friend again helped me come to terms with that. Though I don't consider myself lgbt as I want nothing to do with them. Personally though being bi/pan genderfluid I mostly did not think about it before mlp. Though as it was discussed often you know on here. Yet that said, it gave my life a lot of good things but without it. I would still pretty much be where I am today only more involved in some other community haha I'm sure. 

Though not unlikely I would have killed myself as really I only decided to get help thanks to my friend so yay.

• Brohoof 4

I don't know and don't really care to think too much about it. I always know if there is something that I had not done in the past, then things would have been different. The decisions we make today shape our future. I accept the decisions I have made~ 

• Brohoof 3

Hmm, I would be where I am but without accepting the fact that I could really care about how some people (that's you guys) see me.

I would still be happy but without that feeling of having friends.

• Brohoof 4

I might still be in college, slowly working toward a job I have no passion for. That, or I'd still be working at my last job, and by extension possibly dead. That job was so incredibly stressful, and I started losing my mind after just five months. I don't want to imagine how bad an entire year would have been.

Outside of my career, I'd be much lonelier and much less happy. Take out MLP and the wonderful community that formed around it (well, the forums, anyway. I've heard and seen conflicting things about the rest of the fandom), and I've had a single happy memory in the past couple years. Everything good in my life since graduating high school has revolved around MLP, excluding my high school marching band's alumni night last October. That was a lot of fun.

• Brohoof 2

Heh I honestly don;t know. :o

Did mlp change my life? Nope, it really hasn't had much effect on my life.

Has the forums changed my life? It makes me smile a lot more, so yeah I guess the forums are really what made me like mlp, as opposed to the show itself. 

Without mlp I'd probably still be a depressed pathetic excuse for a human. :baconmane:

• Brohoof 1

If not ponies, probably...

- I wouldn't be making games

It all started with the desire to make a pony fangame, heh. It motivated me to learn how to code and all that stuff I do now.

- I wouldn't be interested in making art

Even now, I don't consider it as my area, buuut thanks to ponies and game development, I do some little art once in a while and I'm looking forward to getting better at this in general. If not ponies, I wouldn't care at all.

- I wouldn't be interested in music production

Listening to fan songs made me interested in giving it a try myself. So far I'm mostly toying with 8-bit (due to nostalgia, need for my games and the fact I simply love these tunes), but I'm hoping to expand skills at some point. I'm also trying to learn to play the guitar, potentially more instruments in the future, perhaps singing as well. Normally I don't think I'd care that much.

- I wouldn't be using forums (forums as in multiple sites)

Obviously, I wouldn't be here, but I also wouldn't be active in other communities. I became a member of game dev forums when I started working on pony games. At first it started with some questions related to game dev, but to my surprise, I quicky got into socializing in general. After some time I registered here on MLP Forums as well. If not ponies, I'd probably consider forums as a pure waste of time. :P All the online friends I have, whether bronies or non-bronies - I met them thanks to ponies. :grin:

Summarizing, I wouldn't have all the hobbies I have now. I wouldn't even really 'exist' online, so to speak. I'd be just minding my own business playing games all the way, watching some YouTube videos from time to time. That is what I used to do before I started my journey with ponies.

It's not that I'm doing a good job with the hobbies of mine anyway :ButtercupLaugh:, but it still is an interesting adventure. I still can only hope, that one day I'll be able to contribute something worthy to the community.

• Brohoof 2

I'd probably have stuck to playing video games and going to my gaming club which is pretty much what I do anyway. I would also be way less interactive with people online and not spending so much time on MLP themed websites. Wow... Just the thought of having avoided a life without MLP makes me uneasy.

• Brohoof 3

Got into "pony" in this context means FIM.

I was already into MLP before FIM, so I would probably be there somewhere-ish. Maybe on a different forum for MLP?

• Brohoof 2

If I hadn’t got into pony I would be lonely for a long time. The show inspired me to make a friend. Fluttershy made me realize that I was an amazing animal lover, without her I wouldn’t have realized I wanted to be a veterinarian. She taught me that sometimes we all need to be shown a little kindness.

Twilight Sparkle got me into reading more advanced books and I probably would still be reading beginning chapter books for 3rd graders without her. She also taught me that anybody can make a friend.

Pinkie Pie taught me to never stop smiling and to look for the bright side of life. She also convinced me to buy Mlp merch without getting embarrassed!

Rainbow Dash taught me to never give up, and that we shouldn’t be overly competitive, but instead have a more friendly competition. She also made me feel 20% cooler.

Rarity taught me to embrace fashion instead of being embarrassed about my choices. 

Applejack taught me to genuinely work hard and be honest instead of lie. Without her I wouldn’t tell the truth very often!

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't have met my boyfriend and probably wouldn't be so focused on moving across the world in a couple years to be with him :adorkable:. Though I would have liked to attend grad school in Europe anyway, but I don't think I would have considered moving to Germany permanently as much as I plan to do so now.

• Brohoof 6

Yep I'd be a very different person for sure. The show and the fandom has helped me through more than I can ever repay (Thank you all SO MUCH for that!). I grew up with the traditional Northern English surroundings i.e told not to speak my feelings because I'm "a bloke and Northerners don't show any emotion" but the fandom has taught me that it's okay to have emotions, it's okay to ask for help. 

Don't get me wrong I am extremely proud to call my self a Northerner, I eat, sleep and breathe the Northern Lifestyle here in the UK but the fandom has taught me it's okay to deviate from that pattern in some areas. Just that thought alone has helped me through some difficult times. 

A lot of you know this already but the whole reason I found you guys is because of those infamous "Brony Cringe" videos because I found myself fascinated with the phenomena rather than cringing at the video. That curiosity led me to watch Applejack's day off, and the rest is history. 

All in all, I owe some much to you all, and the show, and there is no way I could ever repay it all, as hard as I may try. So thank you. Thank you all!

• Brohoof 3

I don't think I would be that different... Do not mistake yourself MLP is great and I'm glad to be a part of the fandom but, it didn't change my life. Sure it mostly brought me joy, happiness, good laugh etc  :yay:

I was already open minded so it didn't change my mind on LGBT or else.

But since I live in a not so open minded neighbourhood with all my friends that have grown with me, well I have to keep mlp as a secret
Without MLP I would probably be more relived ! Not having to carry that secret with me...

So...yeah ! I would be in the place but browsing youtube instead of the forum :adorkable:

• Brohoof 6