• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I talk how I type only with an slight accent. Expect I do have a habit of saying "ya know?" at the end of my sentence when I want to get my point across or rant. I would say “in’” instead of “ing” (goin’, wonderin’) and sometime say "ya" instead of "you" when talking depending how I use it. I also do not pronounce the "T".

And I think that's it...Idk I don't pay too close attention how I talk. It just comes and go.

• Brohoof 1

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

I talk with a slight southern accent, it comes out with particular words. For the most part I just got the plain midwestern accent no one ever notices. I'm kinda soft-spoken though and tend to talk rather slow, or at least that's what everyone tells me. I also talk gibberish and get tongue tied when I'm nervous or anxious or shy. :adorkable: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I would say I have an american accent. It matters when you're trying to speak in another language. 

For other americans I would say I guess I have a midwestern/chicagoan accent; however, when people hear that they probably think about that SNL skit when they speak really weird, but most people don't speak that way anymore. I will say we do say "da" instead of "the' but it's not that exaggerated. Chicago is a melting pot so everyone talks differently. It's pretty awesome.

• Brohoof 1

img-38649-1-MLP-The%20Game%20Banner.png

I've got an Australian accent, but I couldn't really tell you what my voice sounds like. I also digress with conversations pretty much all the time.

• Brohoof 2

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

I have a boring American accent, but due to my grandma's accent I do pronounce some words a bit strangely. :adorkable:

I have a stuttering problem, but I'm working very hard to improve it!

And last but not least, because of my ADHD, I am absolutely horrible at staying on topic. :awwthanks:

Lover of all things Applejack. <3

• 1 month later...

I have an Australian accent and I used to enjoy sharing it but recently I’ve started to really hate the sound of my voice.

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

On 3/3/2020 at 6:15 AM, TheRockARooster said:

I have an Australian accent and I used to enjoy sharing it but recently I’ve started to really hate the sound of my voice.

Your accent sounds awesome! I love that Aussie sound. :sunbutt:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

Your accent sounds awesome! I love that Aussie sound. :sunbutt:

Awwwww thank you.

I really wanna hear your voice. ^^

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

• 10 months later...

I have a bit of an accent from living my whole life in Texas, and trouble speaking in general. 

Sometimes it's like I can't get the thoughts to go from my brain to my mouth, and I find it much easier to type unless I spend a long time preparing the exact words I'm going to say. If I don't think a lot before talking, it tends to end up disorganized and confusing.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think my english is not too bad, but of course I have some accent. I guess some german accent. The biggest problem is just to learn the vocabulary. There is not a single day where I'm not using the translator, a new word is always popping up. :muffins:

When it comes to german, I think I have my somewhat own way of talking, haha. Keeping the sentences as short as possible, even leaving some letters away. I'm just more easy-going in general. :fluttershy: Dunno, talking just doesn't give me much satisfaction, I prefer to actively do something, to feel alive.

• Brohoof 1

I talk using my vocal cords and controlling the air stored in my lungs, to produce and modulate sound waves that create a vibration on the medium of air. As well as tongue movement in conjunction with facial musculature contraction and jaw articulation for pronunciation. It is  truly a wondrously complex process considering the kind garbage most people say every time they open their mouth. Almost like the human body is wasted on humanity. Don't you agree? I sometimes even regret having giving this gift to them. But I still love them, even to my own detriment.

No, for real. I talk like any other person. Here in mendoza, argentina. The accent of my native spanish is neutral, unlike in other less fortunate provinces of this country. Which is awesome. And I do not digress, unless I do it on purpose. In which case, I do digress a lot.

• Brohoof 1

I struggle with social skills a lot of the time. It's not a problem here anymore because I've been on it long enough to know how to talk to everypony but in real life, I tend to struggle with shyness and awkwardness. I'm essentially Peter Parker. :Daydreaming:

image.png
Signature made by the amazing @Sparklefan1234